Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
OMG! EDS now carries Kiss Me mascara!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've wanted to try this for AGES! I'm *so* gonna get that with my next order!

Has anyone tried the purple one or any color apart from the black/brown etc? I'm just wondering if this is subtle enough to wear on a "normal" day? I'm hoping it's pretty much as subtle as the rest of the purple mascaras and that tubes forming over the lashes does not mean that it actually just looks super purpler. If you know what I mean....
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Who is having the Mascara? Bare Essential?
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I always wear purple mascara...is this a new one for me to try??... Very Happy

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Becs - it's the mascara by Blinc Smile

Gucci - Blinc mascara is supposed to be quite good, though I recall that Thoughtcrime tried it and it didn't do much for her. I've only tried the Mirenesse mascara which is supposed to be similar to the Blinc one (in that it creates tubes around the lashes and washes off with water). Didn't like the Mirenesse though, it was way too tough to take off. I'm willing to give Blinc a go, there's over 150 reviews of it on MUA and about 70% would repurchase (or something thereabouts). Btw, it's listed under Kiss Me on MUA Wink
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:18 am      Reply with quote
This is my all time favorite mascara. I had been using it for years, ordering directly through the company. Recently, because of using it so long my eyelashes started to fall out. I can't wait to start using it again.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Can this mascara be compared to Kanebos 38*C mascara? Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - when I used to wear mascara (before Lamas Lash Masque!), I wore a purple/eggplant or burgundy color on a daily basis. These colors ARE subtle enough for day-time wear, and I found that they really make your eyes "pop" (FYI - I'm a fair-skinned, green-eyed redhead). The purple or burgundy is as "neutral" as a brown mascara, but it doesn't make you look as "washed out." Does that make any sense??!

I must admit that I'm curious, though: why are you needing to wear mascara now that you've got your tinted/permed lashes??

Also, I know that Mirenesse (sp?) is an Aussie cosmetic line. Have you ever tried their "Secret Weapon" mascara? I've tried both the KissMe and the Mirenesse, and their mascara formulas are nearly identical (IMHO)...just thought I'd point that out in case you had tried the Mirenesse because -- unless you liked it -- you might want to just want to save your money!

Carrie

P.S. You know, everyone's talk about their positive lash tinting/perming experiences is making me think I should reconsider and try it one more time...but only if I can find an experienced aesthetician here in Austin, because there's no way I'll go back to that kinky-pubic hair person!!

Also, while I was looking for a salon to do the perm/tint, I ran across a salon that does the eyelash extensions, and they claim it will last for two months+!!! Here's the link if you want to read for yourselves (scroll down to bottom of page "3-D Semi-Perm Lashes"): http://www.zenspaaustin.com/SpecialtyServices.asp
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, Carrie - the lash extension thing sounds so cool!!! I don't think anyone around here does that!

Anyone out there who's tried this? Smile Smile

Maria

Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - I'm planning on using it because eventually my lash tint will fade Smile Also, the fact that I have wanted to try this mascara for absolute *AGES* plays a factor too Embarassed I have tried purple mascaras before (that's the color I usually use) but I am just wondering if the difference in formulation may mean that the color will stand out more.

Yes, I have tried Mirenesse. I didn't like it and found that it was too hard to take off. It didn't come off in tubes though, it just came off in tiny little flakes. I have been told that the Blinc is easier to remove than the Mirenesse. Apart from the removal of it the Mirenesse was good.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, when I tried Mirenesse and Kiss Me, I found that my lashes were coming off right along with the "tubes"!!!

When I saw the Mirenesse co-founder pitching the Secret Weapon mascara on HSN (one of the shopping channels in the U.S.), I thought "What a great idea! I've gotta try it...." Unfortunately they didn't have an eggplant or burgundy color so I had to settle for their "Navy" which actually looked more royal blue and was very obvious on the lashes. Shock Anyway, the idea/technology behind the Mirenesse mascara didn't turn out to be so brilliant in real life...but, like a lemming, I decided to give the Kiss Me a try anyway and it turned out to be just as hard to remove, too. Confused Hence my quest for something (Talika and Mavala) to regrow my lashes...which led me to discover this messageboard! So I guess something good came out of it afterall!!!

Anyway...hopefully you'll have better luck! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |