Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Boots Smooth Skin - home IPL machine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I have just purchased a new product from Boots.com in the UK.

Boots Smooth Skin, is the first in the UK home IPL machine.

Both myself and my partner go to the salon for waxing, we fall into the category of men who don't like to be hairy.

The machine is £250.00 on offer until May 2009 then it reverts to the full price of £300.00.

The kit comes with all the bits you need to get started.

Firstly, you do an online skin evaluation test, I came out as skin type II my partner is skin type III. You punch these settings into the IPL box and get started with a patch test.

We are now on to the second week of using the machine and it is easy to use, it takes about an hour for a whole leg and about 25 minutes for an arm.

Will give you an update on how effective it is in about another 3 weeks.

PQ.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I found the technical specification from the manufacturers:

http://www.cyden.co.uk/ipulsepersonal/

PQ.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Yes, please do report back on your results. Quite a few of us are interested in these home hair removal devices. On another thread there have also been discussions on Tria and Silk'n.

After doing a little Google research, one major concern I have is that these home use machines are not supposed to be strong enough to kill off the hair follicle and many state them to be just a glorified epilator. I've read cases where people have used them with good success for 3 months or so, but 100% of the hair has grown back within 3.5 months of stopping treatment. It seems a lot of money to spend (although the Boots machine is more reasonably priced than the others) for such temporary results.

I guess the big test will be for how long the results will last.

Apparently Tria have brought out a new version of their product. Treatment time is supposed to have been halved and battery time doubled. They seem to be convinced that this is the best bet for more permanent (or at least longer lasting) results. As the machine has only recently come onto the market, I'm not sure how true their claims can be.

Anyway, good luck! Looking forward to hearing more.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
IPL? I thought it's a laser technique to smoothe out fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation, not for hair removal.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
IPL? I thought it's a laser technique to smoothe out fine lines, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation, not for hair removal.

IPL is often used for hair removal these days. I saw many spa/salon ads for IPL hair removal. IPL usually works better with coarse or darker hair. I have fair hair and was told not good candidate for IPL treatments.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
Bira wrote:

IPL is often used for hair removal these days. I saw many spa/salon ads for IPL hair removal. IPL usually works better with coarse or darker hair. I have fair hair and was told not good candidate for IPL treatments.

Oh wow, didn't know that. Thanks.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Basically, if you have fair, medium or olive skin tone and dark hair, IPL should work, but check the instructions with any equipment, the darker the skin tone the more risk there is of burning the skin, with the light.

So far, the machine is working well, no sign of any hair loss, but it is only early days.

PQ.
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
could you use this machine for wrinkles?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
stephanie128 wrote:
could you use this machine for wrinkles?

No, it is purely for hair removal.

PQ.
appletreegirl29

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have one of these! Very Happy

I'm on my 6th week. Kinda set myself back as I had a wedding to go to and had to wax Embarassed

Waiting for the hair to grow back so I can carry on...
x

PS: This is my first post!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hope you make many more in the future.
Let us know how you get on with the IPL machine.
PQ.
appletreegirl29

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Photoqueen!

Well I'm on Week 7. All good so far.
Best results are on my underarms. Concentrated solidly on them since week one and now the hair has stopped growing which is excellent. Haven't had to shaved them in a couple of weeks.

The hair on my legs is getting thinner, lighter and is growing slower. I had to wax them a couple of weeks ago, so have actually slowed myself down

Sad

I'm pretty happy so far though. 5 weeks to go if I'm going to complete the full cycle!!
x
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, I have done any this week, too busy with my new POSE machine, back to IPL next week, sounds like you are getting a great result.

PQ

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |