Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sharing a bittersweet day
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:56 am      Reply with quote
My hubby & I had a young (33 yr old) friend. He was a joy to be around from the time he was a little guy. He had a beautiful wife & two adorable little girls. He left his job selling insurance to open a landscaping business & was happy, happy, happy. Lots more time for his family & friends. When he went into business for himself he left behind "sick days" & fortunately was healthy & prosperous for the 2 years in his new career. Then his liver ceased to function normally, then not at all. His condition had not even been absolutely diagnosed when he passed away this last Sunday.
Because of the fact that there was no longer an income in his household when he first became ill (3 months ago) his loyal group of friends & fellow volunteer firemen rallied & made it possible for his family to be with him in the hospital day in & day out. A giant fundraiser was scheduled for last night (wednesday) & it was to feature local celebs from our small -15,000 population - town. We have our fair share of NHL players that he grew up & went to school with as well as some up & coming talent that he also had been friends with since kindergarten (the joys of small towns). The family insisted that the fundraiser went ahead anyway last night - they were all there themselves as hard as it was because the funeral was yesterday morning. There were over 1,000 people - moms, dads, kids - packed into a giant & new wedding type facility & over $104,000 was raised. It was an honour to be there & everyone had an absolute, albiet low key, ball. It was awesome. And his family being as kind as kind could ever be & knowing that the widow would be financially alright, asked for donations to the fire dept in his memory & the proceeds of the fundraiser which were to help him until he recouperated, were decided by the family to go to the town's fire dept's burn unit.
Everyone's heart has been filled with joy & heartache through this whole time and now I want to share this special story with everyone I can. There are some truly, truly wonderful & generous people in our world & we should be forever thankful for them whomever & wherever they may be.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
so sorry for the loss.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:24 am      Reply with quote
My thoughts are with you. I lost a good friend a few weeks ago. Life can be cruel. But people can be amazingly good when the chips are down.
Lori
Mabsy

Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:32 am      Reply with quote
to both of you!
Caspers Mum

Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Having grown-up in a small town (Smithers, BC), I am very familiar with the way residents of small communities come-together in times of death or crisis. Actually, for as much as Vancouver is becoming a bigger city, we're pretty community-minded in our own-right too. However, the strength of community & peoples' caring sincerely is more-evident in small centres, and it's of comfort to those who have lost loved ones (or who have acheived something positive) for a community to rally around them.
Though the passing of your friend is tragic at such a young age, it is certain that his widow and family will take comfort knowing that so many people care about them. Yourself included.
On the flip-side: why is it that such good people have bad things happen to them, while the "scrotes" of the World continue living and breathing on this Earth? Mad
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Angel sorry to hear you've lost a friend. The town you live in, sounds as though it's filled with caring and compassionate people. Small towns often pull together for people in times of sadness! I'll make sure to say a special prayer for your lost friend and his family!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |