Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NO to SISLEY EYE AND LIP CONTOUR BALM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of Sisley Eye and Lip Contour Balm. I tried it for the first time around my eyes in the morning instead of using my L'Oreal Revitalift. I noticed it was gel like, not cream. It did not absorb quickly. I had to rub it in gently for a while.

I was unable to tell right away if it was doing anything. I went about my day as usual and not really looking in the mirror.

At the end of the day when I was getting ready for bed, I looked in the mirror. HOLY COW! What happened to my bottom lids? They were crepey looking when I smiled. YIKES! YUCKY!

NO MORE SISLEY EYE AND LIP CONTOUR BALM. It is not a balm. It doesn't moisturize. It dries out your skin. Waahhhhh
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Can't agree more with Bira, this product does nothing to my eyes apart from drying them out. Shock

To me, this is simply an USELESS jar of expensive balm ... it's just a total waste of money! Mad
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 am      Reply with quote
donot like anything of Sisley Sad
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
A quick update about my plight involving lower crepey lids - now that I'm back on Revitalift Eye Cream, the crepiness is gone. I tried smiling really hard and big and checked in the mirror while driving. No more crepey lines anywhere around the eyelids. Thank God it was temporary. Those lines scared me to death the other day. Confused
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
i tried some of their items and did not find anything worth that prices!
Confused
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of Sisley Eye and Lip Contour Balm,that is a gift after a friend of mine got back from France.I knew this brand is not cheap,but after I had used this sample,I don't think I will buy one someday,because this product is not wettish enough.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, mine is already in the trash! I don't care how expensive this thing is. I won't use it even if someone gave it to me for free.
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it years ago, hoping it would be good against my puffiness & black circles... But it made the puffiness under my eyes worse!!! I used maybe 10% of it. VERY disappointing, grossly overprised. Sad
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
NataliaT wrote:
I tried it years ago, hoping it would be good against my puffiness & black circles... But it made the puffiness under my eyes worse!!! I used maybe 10% of it. VERY disappointing, grossly overprised. Sad

Sorry to hear, natalia. I wonder what it was really meant for. The word "balm" is misleading as it makes you think it will moisturize your eyes. It's so drying! It didn't seem to do anything except dry your skin out. Weird they would make a product like this for eyes.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I had this eye balm before. It seems like lasts forever...Didn't see any positive result from it though
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I do not like sisley eye creams either. Nothing impressive. Sad
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
did you try sisleya eye balm? It's way better than sisley, I always doubt whether they're really produced by the same company,lol
yajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I agree with wylone. Sisleya line provide very good results. Both the cream and the eye cream. I got some samples and I was very impressed.

Because of very very expensive price (450 $ for the cream Rolling Eyes ) I bought sample trough Ebay. Still very happy with this cream that I used as a night cream something like 1 night / 3. The only one that hydrate such rapidly.
benami
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn`t worth that much money.
Popcorn
5% products discount

Sun May 17, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
It is said that it is very nourishing, and good word-of-mouth.
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I do not like the smell of it.
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
My friend got is a gift, it is a waste of money.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used two samples of SISELY other products, and SISLEY realy wastes money, and does no effcet.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used samples of other Sisley product longtime ago and I didn't liked it. It was drying and irritating for my skin.
For a few weeks I had very dry and red skin after trying Sisley.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
The second ingredient after water is witch hazel, so I'm not surprised it dried out your skin.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both of their eye products and none of them did anything but leaving either milia or sticky feeling. I couldn't finish both of them and had to throw them away. I purchased the balm first and did not like it because of the weird gel texture that left my eye areas so sticky while it's not moisturizing. Then my mom gave me the Sisleya but it's too rich for my skin and caused a few milia so I stopped. I kept it for a year and keep coming back to it wishing that it might work this time but no miracle. Save your money and look for something else.
Popcorn
5% products discount

Wed May 20, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Compared to this, I am more interested in sisley nutritive lip balm. it is said to improve lip wrinkles.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I hear that sisleya eye contour is very effective to lines and wrinkles.
But Sisley is too expensive in north america.
In paris,their price are much more friendly
nevava
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Wow,I won't try sisley's product.
yyazj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
It's too dear!But I want to have a try````
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |