Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Palmer Beauty Code
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
minze
5% products discount

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard about this? "What's Your Number?" is a new book written by Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Francis Palmer. According to his definition of beauty (can beauty be defined?) the cheekbones are responsible for a whopping 75% of facial beauty. The eyes are worth 10%, lips 7%, and nose 2%. Using these numbers as a guideline, he comes up with a facial beauty score. The article can be found here:

(can't post the article, but if you do a search on palmer beauty code, you should find it.)

I know it's SUPERFICIAL, but really, I believe there isn't anyone who doesn't desire beauty whether they admit it or not. There are tons of really negative comments after the article and I'm thinking all those people might be butte ugly.

I don't know what to make of Dr. Palmer's code though because he gives Jennifer Aniston a 94-97, but Elizabeth Hurley an 86. What? In a million years Jennifer Aniston is not better looking than Elizabeth Hurley. Aniston is pretty, but not beautiful in my opinion. She couldn't be the face of Estee Lauder.

You can even get Dr. Palmer to tell you your beauty number. It costs $8.99 for the face number, and $4.99 for individual features. Has anyone had this done?

Anyway, all the women on this forum doing facial exercises to plump up their cheekbones are probably headed in the right direction.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm assuming he'd have to see you in person to do his analysis. Otherwise how can you really access someone's actual looks.
And I looked at his 12 pictures. They are all beautiful people, but in the end my thought was that Beauty is still in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone had nice cheekbones. Elizabeth Hurley is more of a beuaty than Jennifer aniston. (I don't get that at all). I think he made a big booboo there. Oh well, Silly but interesting.
minze
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
You don't have to see him in person to get an analysis. You can upload a picture on his website thepalmercode.com. He gives numbers for all body parts, even your arse.

I agree with you, sister sweets, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The thing with Dr. Palmer though is that it's his job to MAKE people more attractive, and he's worked with thousands of beautiful people including celebrities, so his base of comparison must be solid. (But if I looked like Elizabeth Hurley and he made me look like Jennifer Aniston, I'd take his arse to court and sue him.)

There's a new play on broadway called "Reasons to be Pretty" and it's getting rave reviews. It's about a couple whose relationship falls apart after the girl finds out the guy described her as having a regular face. If I lived in NY, I'd see it. I've always been interested in the concept of beauty and attempting to define it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked at the pictures of the celebs. He says the cheeks are 75% of facial beauty, but both Hurley and Love Hewitt have the high cheekbones (which I thought was what he was talking about), but after looking at the photos again, it seems he likes a fuller face, as well. That is just my take after seeing the 12 pics. This is the first I have heard of this book, so I have not read it!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
minze wrote:
You don't have to see him in person to get an analysis. You can upload a picture on his website thepalmercode.com. He gives numbers for all body parts, even your arse.

I can't imagine he can make that kind or decision on a picture alone. Maybe I'll send him one of my behind and see what I get? Cool

I agree with you, sister sweets, that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The thing with Dr. Palmer though is that it's his job to MAKE people more attractive, and he's worked with thousands of beautiful people including celebrities, so his base of comparison must be solid. (But if I looked like Elizabeth Hurley and he made me look like Jennifer Aniston, I'd take his arse to court and sue him.)

I agree with that! Laughing Laughing Laughing

There's a new play on broadway called "Reasons to be Pretty" and it's getting rave reviews. It's about a couple whose relationship falls apart after the girl finds out the guy described her as having a regular face. If I lived in NY, I'd see it. I've always been interested in the concept of beauty and attempting to define it.
minze
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, rileygirl, he seems to like full, plump cheekbones. Years ago, I saw a program on the Discovery channel about facial beauty and Elizabeth Hurley was one of the hosts. They focused a lot of attention on the Marquardt Beauty Mask, also the brainchild of a plastic surgeon, Stephen Marquardt. The mask is based on the phi ratio, 1:1.618 (it's believed that what people consider beautiful is related to phi). Anyway, Hurley's face fit the mask perfectly. beautyanalysis.com is Dr. Marquardt's website and you can print out a mask to superimpose on your own picture to see how well it fits. I'm more inclined to believe in the Marquardt mask than Palmer's code.

People magazine also had an article on Palmer:
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20150052,00.html
In that article he rates Love Hewitt at 79% and Uma Thurman of all people at 69%!!! In a million years Jennifer Love Hewitt is not better looking than Uma Thurman. Uma Thurman is practically a goddess.
minze
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey sister sweets Laughing yeah send him your pics and tell us what happens!! You're probably gorgeous, huh?!! Be brave, go for it!! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
minze wrote:
In a million years Jennifer Love Hewitt is not better looking than Uma Thurman. Uma Thurman is practically a goddess.

I agree. I think Uma Thurman is gorgeous!

I'll check out that Marquardt. Have not heard of him either!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm one of the few who never thought Uma was all that. Of course, pretty but somewhat rough looking.
minze
5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Uma does have somewhat of a masculine nose, but despite that, she looks ethereal to me. Sexual dimorphism (how feminine or masculine a face appears) is one of the measurements they use to analyze facial beauty.

Another is symmetry, and Uma's face is really symmetrical. pichacks.com is one of the free sites that lets you check your own facial symmetry. Did you know it only takes a person 13 milliseconds to determine if a face is attractive or not? I read about a study in the book, "Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes?" (this book is loaded w/ fantastic info about the science behind attraction) where 2 scientists exposed men and women to a series of faces, some gorgeous some not and they were asked to rate the faces. The pictures only flickered for 13 milliseconds and the people didn't think they saw anything, but they judged the pictures accurately anyway. Parts of the brain are stimulated when it sees something attractive.

The book also mentions that personal experience may influence how we perceive beauty. So, sister sweets, if in your childhood, you had a bad experience with a woman who had a manly nose, it might influence how you see other women who look that way.
sophie123
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
you girls are so articulate i dont know where to begin, i agree with all of you on your opinions of beauty however im extremely intrigued to know more about my face and how others perceive it,have any of you heard of face reading?its very interesting but can be a bit disheartening, dosnt mean your ugly but gives you sometimes negative feedback on ur personality and destiny-abit like palmstry but reading your face instead
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |