Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eyelash Lengthening Find: BeautyLash MD!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sunnylee
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I have extremely short lashes and have been using Beauty Lash MD and I have totally seen the difference! I just went to get another one online and saw that they were giving away a FREE gift with every purchase of Beauty Lash MD. It's a Lip Plumper!

This conditioning formula is awesome! Anyone who wants Full, Thick, and Strong lashes should check out Beauty Lash MD.

I haven't found any other good eyelash conditioning brands out there like this one. How bout you ladies?
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. I've been using Revitalash since Christmas, but I haven't seen any dramatic in length yet.. Darker and a little bit fuller.

You don't have any before and after pictures to show? Smile
Sunnylee
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
i don't have any before and after pics, I'm sorry. That would have been smart huh. Well I do know that Beautylash MD says you'll see results in 4-6 weeks. But I saw results after 1 week!
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hmm... I haven't got any dramatic results with Revitalash, so this comment on their website didn't convince me. I haven't got any great results. :/

Are your lashes as long as in their pictures?

"Compare Our Beautylash MD Advanced Cosmetic Formula To

* Jan Marini
* Revitalash
* MD Lash Factor
* or other formulas

and Experience the Same Great Results, Guaranteed"
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I googled ingredients of this lash conditioner out of curiosity:

INGREDIENTS: Water, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans Sodium Hyaluronate,Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium Lactate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Proline, yeast Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract , Hexipeptide-11, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Arcyostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylamido Dihydro Noralfaprostal

So I wonder what is responsible for lengthening the lashes?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
$59 is not bad. If I saw more reviews and most importantly photos, I would try it.

THEIR before and afters are even more dramatic than what JM's were. When it seems too good to be true...

I just need more feedback.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
$59 is not bad. If I saw more reviews and most importantly photos, I would try it.

THEIR before and afters are even more dramatic than what JM's were. When it seems too good to be true...

I just need more feedback.

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

The ingredient list contains niacinamide. I wonder what on earth that does for your lashes.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what any of that stuff means or does. Nor do I with most of what I use. I guess that is bad. I count on the ladies to help out with that stuff and thankfully everyone on here is very polite when I have questions.
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
The active ingredient in all these lash lengthening products is a prostaglandin. In the list that Bira posted, the prostaglandin is methylamido dihydro noralfaprostal.
jolewis

Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:
Sounds interesting. I've been using Revitalash since Christmas, but I haven't seen any dramatic in length yet.. Darker and a little bit fuller.

Revitalash used to be awesome until they changed their formulation and removed the actie ingredient bimatoprost. The ingredient was owned by Allergan and they hav come our with Latisse which is awesome and really just a repackage of another product called Lumigan. both Latisse and Lumigan make a huge difference in the lashes also there is no shedding of the lashes to they become insanely thick.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Revitalash used to be awesome until they changed their formulation and removed the actie ingredient bimatoprost. The ingredient was owned by Allergan and they hav come our with Latisse which is awesome and really just a repackage of another product called Lumigan. both Latisse and Lumigan make a huge difference in the lashes also there is no shedding of the lashes to they become insanely thick.

Revitalash does not have bimatoprost, but it does contain a prostaglandin. I have been using the new Revitalash formula (in the market since November 2007) for 6-8 months and it works for me. I am buying it on ebay because it is less expensive (around US $60-70). The negative side I find to it is that the maintenance period they recommend (2-3 applications per week) does not work for me Sad and I have to apply it daily in order to keep the effect.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Luciana wrote:
The active ingredient in all these lash lengthening products is a prostaglandin. In the list that Bira posted, the prostaglandin is methylamido dihydro noralfaprostal.

Thank you Luciana. Sorry for the late thanks. I just saw your post.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Luciana wrote:
Quote:

Revitalash does not have bimatoprost, but it does contain a prostaglandin. I have been using the new Revitalash formula (in the market since November 2007) for 6-8 months and it works for me. I am buying it on ebay because it is less expensive (around US $60-70). The negative side I find to it is that the maintenance period they recommend (2-3 applications per week) does not work for me Sad and I have to apply it daily in order to keep the effect.

Luciana, do you have any discoloration of your eyelids from using the new Revitalash? I was wondering which active ingredient causes the discoloration of eyelids, and the dryness of the eyes.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
jolewis wrote:
Vanilj wrote:

Do you have any discoloration of your eyelids from using either the Latisse or Lumigan?
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
[Luciana, do you have any discoloration of your eyelids from using the new Revitalash? I was wondering which active ingredient causes the discoloration of eyelids, and the dryness of the eyes.

Hi Bira, No, I do not have any discoloration or eye dryness. Neither I had with the old Revitalash formula. I guess each of us reacts differently.
rlop

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm asian with very very sparse short eyelashes. I bought this product 7 weeks ago and have used it everynight once a day. After 3 days I got 1-2 lashes that were completely longer than the other lashes. About a week later they fell out. At 2-3 weeks I noticed that all my lashes were somewhat longer. At 7 weeks I noticed that both lashes top/bottom are longer and the outer lashes are getting a curl and the actual lashes (outer ones) are thicker in circumference. So this product does work. My lashes are still overall thin in thickness, but in length there is improvement. I bought another bottle and will continue to monitor.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I use the RevitaLash, it is probably the new formula as i just got it in early February, when I signed up here and started to discover stuff.

I used it every day of one month, I noticed a slight improvement, then in April I used it every other day, and on the days when I didn't, I used Emu Oil to condition. The lashes are growing, it is for sure, but it is not a miracle fast grow. I am a bit skeptical of a very fast grow, like (3 days???) I just do not know what can cause it. Is it even healthy?

For al this time I've been concerned about damaging my eyes with this formulations, so I've used it very conservatively (a minimum amount on each lid).

No I do not have any discoloration on the lids. Thanks Gd I do not have eye color changes either (I am watching for that every morning closely like a paranoiac).

Can anyone tell me, if these stories about eye color change are real at all? or it was happening only with a certain kind of product? Is here anyone with light (grey or blue) eye color using Revitalash or similar stuff?
uglyducking
5% products discount

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
rlop wrote:
I'm asian with very very sparse short eyelashes. I bought this product 7 weeks ago and have used it everynight once a day. After 3 days I got 1-2 lashes that were completely longer than the other lashes. About a week later they fell out. At 2-3 weeks I noticed that all my lashes were somewhat longer. At 7 weeks I noticed that both lashes top/bottom are longer and the outer lashes are getting a curl and the actual lashes (outer ones) are thicker in circumference. So this product does work. My lashes are still overall thin in thickness, but in length there is improvement. I bought another bottle and will continue to monitor.
Wow sound amazing. I have very short eyelashes too. I want to try this . Thanks for the reviews it very helpful.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Luciana wrote:
Bira wrote:
[Luciana, do you have any discoloration of your eyelids from using the new Revitalash? I was wondering which active ingredient causes the discoloration of eyelids, and the dryness of the eyes.

Hi Bira, No, I do not have any discoloration or eye dryness. Neither I had with the old Revitalash formula. I guess each of us reacts differently.

Yes, I think so, too. Lucky for you. Very Happy I wish I were more like you. For now, I will just have to stay away from this active ingredient. Very Happy
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Bira, I understand you had some discolorations from RevitaLash. What is it? Can you give me details?
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
just wanna know where can I buy it in the UK and how about the price?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just found a new product called Rapid Lash. It goes for $49 and can get free shipping on some sites. I got mine from Ebay for $28 free shipping. The seller in getting more in this week but has to raise her prices to make a profit. But she is selling at $37 free ship so that is still quite a discount.

Here are some REAL reviews on it. Not just testimonials that the company picks and chooses for their site.

http://www.dermstore.com/reviews/product_Eyelash+Renewal+Serum_15373.htm

I just started AND took some before pics. Brows too. Will take more in 30 days as it says you will see longer and thicker lashes in that time frame. Even more after 4 months.

Also you can get Lumigan which has all the same ingredients as Latisse. They sell it w/o a Rx from an indian pharm. alldaychemist.com
$13 a bottle but ship is $24 so it pays to buy several. MANY are having good results with that. $37 as opposed to $120 for Latisse AND the doctors office fees. EXACT SAME THING. They have a thread on Lumigan on EDS.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Great found, Wendy, as usual. Keep us posted.
rlop

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
This does seem like a safer option to use, because I know beautylash does contain a prostoglandin, its the last ingredient but it's there. I just bought my second tube of beautylash or I would try this one. The reviews that I saw on Rapid Lash look good and price is very reasonable.
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
rlop wrote:
This does seem like a safer option to use, because I know beautylash does contain a prostoglandin, its the last ingredient but it's there. I just bought my second tube of beautylash or I would try this one. The reviews that I saw on Rapid Lash look good and price is very reasonable.

RapidLash contains an ingredient from the prostaglandin family. It is described as "a fatty acid derivative with cell renewing and healing properties" (quote from ebay). Prostaglandins are derived from fatty acids.
If you are looking for a lash product without prostagladins/prostaglandin analogues, I know that Ardell does not contain any, it just has plenty fo vitamins and other conditioning ingredients. It is cheap: US $3. But I doubt it does as good a job as these products containing prostaglandins.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |