Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How can I tighten my jawline after 70 lb weight loss??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
PeauDeSoie

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone!
I have lost 70 lbs, and noticed that my face is melting! Confused
I am almost 52 years old and can't afford a face lift, so this is very discouraging!
I would like to lose 20 more lbs to get to my goal...but I will look terrible, unless I can find a solution.
I have heard about FaceMaster, NuSkin, Ageless, Flex Effect, Dermal Tone etc...
What is the best, for ease of use, and good results..especially in the jaw area.
I have been trying to date and feel so self conscious (and depressed) that I am cancelling all over the place.
Help!!!
Thanks so much.
Rachel
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rachel.
First, congratulations on your huge accomplishment! You should be so very proud of yourself!
You might want to go to a dermatologist and get a prescription for Renova. Also, I have heard that the skin tightens over time after weight loss. I am doing the Obagi Nu Derm system & noticed a change for good in the laxity of my skin.
Dating is horribly hard, but don't short change yourself.The fact you lost all that weight shows you're a woman with strength and determination. Any man would be fortunate to know someone with those qualities.
I wish you the very best in your new life! Please keep us posted as to what you try & works or doesn't work. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rachael,
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on losing 70 lbs!!! I'm afraid I don't have any advice for your skin issues, but would you mind sharing with us how you lost the 70 lbs? You have no need to be self conscious at all, and ought to be really proud that you acheived such an impossible feat! Very Happy
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock 70lbs! Congrats and as previous posters said, you should be so proud of yourself!
I recall reading from somewhere that tightening skin depends on skin elasticity which depends partially on age. Exercise could also help to build musles to fill in the blank.
PeauDeSoie

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Again!
Thanks for all of your words of support!

I lost the weight using an online website called Kimkins. Basically it is like Atkins without so many calories.

It was the hardest thing I have ever done, and continues to be! I have kept the weight off for over one year now...and my motivation was a "man". An old love coming back into my life.
He lives in Spain, so I knew that I would have a few months before I had to see him. I was lucky. We are not together, after all that..but the weight is gone, at least.

Has anyone tried this FaceMaster from Suzanne Sommers?? I am desperate. No one talks about all the loose skin when you lose weight after age 50! Crying or Very sad

Thanks very much.
Rachel
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rachel.
On the way to work, I realized you would not want to do Obagi Nu Derm while dating. Your face is constantly red and flaking. So back to my original thought, Renova. Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rachel

Congrats on your accomplishment! Might I ask over what period of time did you lose 70 lbs? The reason I asked is because if you lose weight too fast, it often results in loose saggy skin since skin can't bounce back as fast. Also since you mentioned you're 52 years old, the skin elasticity is not as good as someone in their 20s and that's another factor.

I heard of Thermage for skin tightening. It's a bit expensive though about $1000 or so. Have you consulted with a doctor on what alternatives there are to tighten up the skin?

If you want the slower method, I'd suggest just doing facial exercises that involve jawline should help, but it won't be an overnight solution. In a facial exercise called Ageless if you dare, which I am doing right now, there's an exercise called Long Graceful Neck, which might help you. I have been doing the exercises for about 1.5 months, and only these two weeks past started to do them twice a week as instructed Embarassed . So I can't tell you I see any results yet, but other members here seem to have good results, so I tried it. It cost me $10 or so to download the ebook. I also bought a video of Flex Effect, which has some neck exercises, too.

Oh, there's another thing you might check out. The laser procedure called Cool Lipo. You can probably do it without the liposuction part of it. It will help to tighten the skin according to a doctor I spoke with before.
PeauDeSoie

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I lost the first 46 pounds in 3 months. From July 2, 2007 to October 2, 2007.
It was that Thanksgiving that 'the man' in question arrived in Canada for a visit with me. I was at 188 lbs by then.

From November to the end of December, I lost the next 20 lbs, taking me down to 168 lbs.
I went to visit (Manuel)for 2 weeks in Spain, where he manages a hotel.

I maintained that loss for one year, until November of 2008, when, post surgery, I lost an additional 15 lbs.

Unfortunately I have recently regained that 15...and am trying to lose it again. My weight today is 168.

The loss was fast...but I have done it both ways, and there was no difference. At my age, the skin does not shrink back..period.
My stomach looks like a crumpled paper bag..and my face...well, it is nasty. Sad
Thanks again
Rachel
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ooohhh 46 lbs in 3 months is really super fast. I heard you should try to lose about 1/2 lb per week, so that's 2 lbs a month. I have not managed to lose even 1/2 lb a month. Laughing

Sorry to hear you regained the last 15 lbs. It sucks the weight comes back fast, doesn't it?

I think it's probably best to ask a doctor. When there's a lot of loose skin, I don't think there's cream or exercise that will help 100%. And it's going to take a very long time.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 50 pounds and noticed the same things that you have! Luckily, I too have found this forum and have received wonderful advice and encouragement.
So far the best(Thanks Bethany) has been the facial exercises: Ageless if you Dare. Was a bit apprehensive about it but after a month or so am starting to notice actual results. If you do a search it will come up with a very long discussion thread. The book is very modestly priced and easily downloaded. There are videos to help you online as well.
Shelley01
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was told that 2 lbs a week is healthy and good.....I have never heard 1/2 lb/wk.

Anyone else?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Rachael! Did you take a break on the Kimkins diet between your 46 lbs drop and your 20 lbs drop? Or was it a plateau? Your accomplishment (and most importantly the short timeline Laughing ) is so encouraging, I'm definitley going look into it! Thanks!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Shelley01 wrote:
I was told that 2 lbs a week is healthy and good.....I have never heard 1/2 lb/wk.

Anyone else?

Shelley, I think you're right. I don't know why I thought it was 1/2 lbs but I tried googling just now and two sources said that safe weight loss is about 1 to 2 lbs a week. Oh wow, I am definitely not meeting that goal. Cool
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
"Ageless if you dare" is the best to strengthen the muscles. Plus something topical that is recommended for your age group. I use copper peptides with tightening effect serum like "Two time Tightening" from Skin Biology, but I hear that it might be not for everyone. Skin Biology also has a Breast and Neck cream that everyone praises, which has lifting effect and can be used anywhere even eyes area.

But as a fundamental principle for a good jaw line, you need face exercises and I can't say enough about how effective "Ageless if you dare" program is. I have done it exactly as it is recommended in the book, and I see results in all parts of the face, jaw line and neck (and I've been on it only for 1.5 month), I am sure it will help you a lot too.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
"Ageless if you dare" is the best to strengthen the muscles. Plus something topical that is recommended for your age group. I use copper peptides with tightening effect serum like "Two time Tightening" from Skin Biology, but I hear that it might be not for everyone. Skin Biology also has a Breast and Neck cream that everyone praises, which has lifting effect and can be used anywhere even eyes area.

But as a fundamental principle for a good jaw line, you need face exercises and I can't say enough about how effective "Ageless if you dare" program is. I have done it exactly as it is recommended in the book, and I see results in all parts of the face, jaw line and neck (and I've been on it only for 1.5 month), I am sure it will help you a lot too.

Hi Ella,

I wonder because you're only 30+ according to your signature line, will someone who is 52 going to be able to have a lot of loose skin bounced back as fast as yours after doing Ageless?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
It's an interesting question, LouLou (the author of Ageless...) would give more grounded answer, because I only know for sure about my results, so I wouldn't dare to estimate the time for anyone.

But my point was that whatever is being done for the skin as topical treatment is only part of the deal. The fundamental basic for a good, tight skin on the neck, jaw and face is still up to the muscles. So whatever time it takes it is worth it IMHO
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on your achievement and keeping it off. I really hard thing to do, coming from someone who has like many been battling my weight for years.

My understanding is that if your skin has lost a lot of elastin then really the only option is to visit a cosmetic surgeon as the amount of firming a cream can do is limited.
All the best

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, if you have gone through menopause unfortunately your skin will have lost some elasticity. Dont try to lose the last 20. I think it was Sharon Stone that said you have to compromise between your face and your butt as you get older!
I would LOVE to reduce my jowls non surgically!
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and btw, doesnt skin biology two tone tightening contain dmae? Isnt there a problem with that and your fibroblasts? Is there a aafe limit and does this produce fall within it??
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kiwi bird wrote:
Congrats on your achievement and keeping it off. I really hard thing to do, coming from someone who has like many been battling my weight for years.

My understanding is that if your skin has lost a lot of elastin then really the only option is to visit a cosmetic surgeon as the amount of firming a cream can do is limited.
All the best

I agree with your estimation here. When too much elasticity is lost from the skin due to rapid weight loss and aging, I doubt that firming cream or exercise will be able to make it bounce all the way back, and the only thing to do might be surgery. So it's what you can live with.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi... the ability for skin to snap back will have to do with your age, the elastisity that you retain, how much of your weight you carried in your face, how long you carried that weight.

At your age, you should have some success with facial building. But I would not guarantee that you'll get back everything as you like... and regardless, it takes time for the skin to improve.

We've had people have good results with FE, generally younger. That said, I don't think you could do any damage, or make your situation worse. It's something, I would recommend that you work closely with a trainer, discuss you goals and such. An open dialog is quite helpful.

So, the generic answer, is yes, you should get some results... how great... depends on a few variables...

Best to you!

Oh... and congratz on the weight loss... what a wonderful thing to do for your health...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Claudia - Since you brought it up. What age range(you said younger than 52) in Your experience will have the best luck with Flex Effect for facial firming?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Oh, and btw, doesnt skin biology two tone tightening contain dmae? Isnt there a problem with that and your fibroblasts? Is there a aafe limit and does this produce fall within it??

I was trying to research that, the study is inconclusive, and the Skin Biology author has her own theory why She thinks it is effective. But I cannot really give any review of it as I have hardly used it since I got it. In the instruction for its best use (on website), it says to use it with copper peptides, which I did at first for a week. But I didn't get any exfoliating cream to use with it, so I stopped right then and ordered exfoliating cream. Then I got the LacSal cream, and I used it alone for a while, and I love it much better than their copper peptides. Now I am returned to using Copper peptides and 2-time tightening (giving it a second chance), but I use it once or maximum twice a week.

So I am sure these products were not contributing to my results with the exercises.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Sister... Every age will have "luck"... meaning improvement... HOWEVER, I find that the older a person is, in addition to major weight loss... well, it's 2 wammies... Really, think about any sport a person might do. Just on straight statistics with disregard to all other factors, a younger person is going to have an easier time getting in the game, building a firmer body, will perform better... You don't see TONS of 50 & 60 somethings STARTING their marathon careers... HOWEVER, the second you add variables, well, it's just not a clear answer...because there ARE 50 & 60 somethings running marathons... and running circles around the 20 and 30 somethings who are perhaps not taking great care of themselves...

Thanks for asking, because as I re-read my statement, I realize I was NOT clear at all. I mean that younger people with extra weight loss will do better than a older person with extra weightloss. Unfortunately, excessive weight generally means not the healthiest of bodies. There is a lot to gain back, excuse the pun, when that excess weight is lost... and then a lot perhaps depends on how it was lost, and is the body really healthy? Or starved? Or lacking in Vitamins & minerals??? all that plays into it. Older sagging skin is at a clear disadvantage as opposed to just older skin. There is still room for improvement. As opposed to younger skin preventing damage (probably where I would be classified.)

Not sure if you've visited our website... but we have some b4 and afters that are of older women... Ex: Lala, just turned 50, her before, she is 44, her after 48, She started at 47. Then check her Avatar... HOLY COW!!!!! Tori is 42 in her before, and 50 in her after She started at 47... Now, she looks younger in her after at 50 then she did at 42... Does she look 42 at 50??? Well, she looks better than HER 42. It's personal.... Look at KAY, she's one of our trainers now... Her b4 is at age 54, her after age 55. And we have a new picture floating around that we HAVE GOT TO GET UP!!! Her improvement is amazing... Does she look 20? Heck no... but she looks so much softer, she loves her new look, so much so that she's become certified to teach... people in her community see the difference and huge improvement. Those are just examples...

But, for the sake of argument, and to avoid a HUGE post here... lest assume total health now... I would then say that any age will have an improvement. It's all about the goal. What is that person trying to look like? A great looking 52 y/o? A 52 y/o in a 40 y/o face/body?

It's all about reality. People ask if I look young for my age... I don't know... do I? I think I look my age... 38 (next month). Have I met a 38 y/o that looks way older than me.. YEP! But that's unnecessary...

Now I feel like I'm talking in circles... have I answered your question? Or even gotten close?

Let me know...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ella stella!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |