Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Stripey Neck - HELPPPPPPP !!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
foopy

Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I am new to this EDS forum.
Please can someone help?? I am 32, but has a neck like I am 60! Crying or Very sad My face is almost wrinkle-free, which highlighted my neck problem even more! Anyone out there with any product recommendation pleassseeee???? I will be eternally grateful!!!! Thanks!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
What do you mean exactly? Do you mean that you have deep horizontal lines on your neck (like deep wrinkles) or the skin is loose under the jaw (like sag)?
vivian.vl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
do mask frequently and every day and night, protect your neck just like what you do on your face. maybe you can expect something will happen.

Good luck!
foopy

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Thanks for replying - as I am desperate!
Yes I do have deep horizontal lines and when I turned my head to the side, the neck looks like the Michelin Tyre mascot!!!
I don't mean I do have a fat neck.
I use a mask on my neck once a week, a facial that includes the neck once a month, same regime to my neck morning and evening as I do with my face. All this I have been doing for years, but still... To be fair, I started paying attention to my neck years aft concentrating on my face, but the difference is just shocking!
Saw one post on Cellcosmet moisturiser. What do you think? Anything else? I have tried the Biotherm, StriVechtin, but hardly any improvement (perhaps they have at least stopped the condition from worsening). Like I said, I am desperate and very depressed!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I am almost the same age as your are (2y +), but I think we have similar neck problems. My face has been in much better state than the neck for some reason. Once i was talking to a woman in her 50th (about skin etc) and she commented "oh really what are those lines on your neck? What happened, even I, in my age, do not have them" So it got me thinking... I realized that I have had them since I was maybe 18 !!!! I searched the internet and found a couple of places where someone posted about similar problems, but people where replying "it's genetic, there is nothing you can do". Well, I am not going to accept that without fighting! And this is why I love this site, my search with neck question brought me to here plus I found so much more...

Honestly, I found a cure! My lines are much much less visible, the skin under the jaw is not sagging anymore at all. And it all cost me 10$. Well, I spent then a bit more for other stuff Laughing

Ok, here is the secret. 10 $ was for "Ageless if you dare". These are facial exercises, and since I started them (1.5 month ago) I cannot believe the difference. There is a neck exercise which I paid special attention to (I've done it a little more than required in the book). Plus the topical solutions like 1) exfoliating 2) nourishing 3)tightening

For the latter 3, there is so much variety, all depends on your skin type and budget. I am still experimenting with the topicals, going to try Retin A, as I wish to erase the traces of years the lines were on my neck, but at least I am not embarrassed with it anymore.
foopy

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ella-Stella,
Thanks for your tip! I will check out the book and the facial exercises, let's see how well it works for me, I pray it'd work as well.
Interesting to hear your experience with comments from much older women - I have had my fair share of it, the worst was when a colleague of mine who was 30 years my senior asked if I had done a face tuck towards my neck, thus my stripey neck!
Am interested in Cellcosmet as one person posted a blog on EDS, have you tried? I know it is costly but I am willing to give it a shot!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also started doing dry-brushing to stimulate the skin.

And I think it is worth mentioning that I was planning my attack as a complex, I also added the supplements which might have had some added help for skin and muscles. I've been taking Vitamin C, Vitamin A, MSM (about 5ml), Q10, Collagen, Omega 3 Flex Oil and Omega 3 Salmon oil.

So all the 3 sides of my attach is what could be the key to the fast result.

I haven't tried Cellcosmet yet. I am trying the Copper Peptides from SkinBiology for tightening effect, but cannot say anything good or bad about it so far. I know i like their LacSal exfoliating cream (I use it everyday), but I am not sure if CP Serum is doing anything good to my skin (I am not using it more than 2x a week now). But yet I am giving it a bit more time and adding their cream with high Retinol. I use it all around face and neck.
foopy

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again. Will revert with further news!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Be sure to exfoliate your neck as well as your face. I believe that anything that is safe for your face is fine for your neck. Something like epidermx would be fine.

Also remember to apply your sunscreen to your neck as well.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
foopy wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am new to this EDS forum.
Please can someone help?? I am 32, but has a neck like I am 60! Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing

So what exactly does a 60 year old neck look like anyway? Guess I'll find out soon enough.. Shock

In addition to the great advice you've already recieved, I'd just suggest you have a look into the devices that could prove helpful... Vaculifter massagers and/or a good quality LED could really help reverse the dreaded neck woes.. Very Happy Some folks have had success with the STOP radio frequency device for their necks, but I can't personally recommend that product..

Have a look around, and read, read, read.. You will no doubt find much help with all the great info and sharing here at EDS.

Welcome to the forum!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
In addition to the great advice you've already recieved, I'd just suggest you have a look into the devices that could prove helpful... Vaculifter massagers and/or a good quality LED could really help reverse the dreaded neck woes.. Very Happy Some folks have had success with the STOP radio frequency device for their necks, but I can't personally recommend that product..

Kassy A, thank you for this suggestions, and while we are on the topic, could you explain a bit more about LED devices (I've seen the threads, but they are numerous so are the devices). What do you think it can do for this particular problem? Like what's good about them and if you used them, which one do you think is good (a quality one)?
BTW, why not "Stop"? is there is anything particular about it that you personally do not like?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:

Kassy A, thank you for this suggestions, and while we are on the topic, could you explain a bit more about LED devices (I've seen the threads, but they are numerous so are the devices). What do you think it can do for this particular problem? Like what's good about them and if you used them, which one do you think is good (a quality one)?
BTW, why not "Stop"? is there is anything particular about it that you personally do not like?

To make a long story short, and not go far afield here, I'll narrow it down to this;

In my experience with a very crinkly, sun damaged neck + chest several months of dedicated LED use reversed the problem 100%. I've only used LightStim products, and I highly recommend them, but I would also have no qualms about recommending the ProLight Platinum device.

Have a look at these two threads for the best information available on each;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=28775

I am also hearing good things about the "Omnilux" device, but I have no personal knowledge about it.

As for the STOP. I suffered some sagging on my lower face and jaw, that I attribute to the 15 STOP treatments I did. I am now sure with 100% certainty that it was solely responsible for my dilemma, because the situation is now back under control with an aggressive course of LED treatments, since stopping the RF device.

With that said, I would also offer you that a few of my EDS friends, whom I highly respect, have had wonderful results with the STOP device..

In a nutshell, nothing works exactly the same for everyone, because there are so many factors that make us unique and individual..For ex; diet, exercise, sun screen use, lifestyle, what we put on our skin + what I consider the really big one; genetics..

My best advice is to really read all you can and ask pointed questions before investing your hard earned money.. Many of us have learned the hard way that jumping on the bandwagon, without really researching beforehand, can set us up for disappointment, when the product turns out to be more/less than we bargained for.. The other bit of advice I would give you is to just try/do one or two things at a time (like a new cream or serum and one type of device), so you can really tell what the result is, without having to guess.. Otherwise it's easy to find yourself with a bathroom full of *stuff*, that you really don't have a clue about, and you'll find yourself going in circles..

Okay, I'm so sorry if this sounds like a lecture, it's not my intent.. I just know how excited I was to try everything I read about when I first found this great forum, and it can get overwhelming if you don't keep it in check..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, Kassy_A, I am enjoying your detailed answer and I really appreciate your sharing the valuable experience. I am trying to keep an eye on everything to figure out if anything is missing from my routine. I will research now more about the devices you mentioned, I didn't have a clue what they can do, now, at least, I know what I MIGHT need one for, if it turns out that I do. (wow, I made this sentence confusing...) Embarassed
foopy

Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,
Thanks indeed for your wonderful input! I am not sure how often I could get on the LED treatments, though I did hear lots of good stuff re it! As well as the cost of it all!
I got the Natura Bisse Tensolift Neck Cream today, after numerous recommendations from various sources. Have you ladies heard of it?
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi again,

I think we need to update each other from time to time how all this stuff that we try is working for us.

I got the Retinol cream (SkinBiology Restore & Protect with High Retinol and lavender) and I doubled the amount of exercise for the neck (based on LouLou's recommendations in private Ageless program).

I think I have a set back at this time. The overall tightness of the skin was a bit less at first. I continued, then took 2 days off from any exercise. Now the tightness of the skin is great. But I have an interesting reaction on some of the topicals (either one of them or combination, but I suspect it is Retinol cream)

My lines on the neck turned to darker color (like redish-brownish). Note, my skin is fair. So I can see them very well now, and there is even some spot around the line which got the color too. No itching, no swelling. But when I put Retinol cream, I feel a bit of tangling sometimes, however I use the cream on my face and all the neck and there is no such reaction anywhere else.

I am curious, if it can be a sign that Retinol cream is working on smoothing out the lines? I wouldn't mind a temporary set back then Doubt
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |