Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermal Fillers and Lasting Effects
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I am about to go for my third appointment for Restylane injection in my tear troughs.

After the first injection, it took 4.5 months before I noticed that the effects were going away.

After the second injection, 6.5 months before I noticed the effects going away.

With any luck, this third injection might last over 8 months.

I am wondering why the effects might last longer each time, is it because typically a refill takes place before the last bit of Restylane is gone and each injection builds a little more in on top of the last one - or could it be wishful thinking that the Restylane somehow triggers a bit of collagen renewal?

Thanks, BF
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
The following study indicates that HA injections may stimulate collagen production:

"In Vivo Stimulation of De Novo Collagen Production Caused by Cross-linked Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler Injections in Photodamaged Human Skin"
Frank Wang, MD; Luis A. Garza, MD, PhD; Sewon Kang, MD; James Varani, PhD; Jeffrey S. Orringer, MD; Gary J. Fisher, PhD; John J. Voorhees, MD
Arch Dermatol. 2007;143(2):155-163

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/143/2/155?maxtoshow=
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I found that for me it was true both with the injectibles and botox. My derm told me it does help stimulate your collagen around the filler to help it become more permanent for some people.
I also found that for me, juvaderm lasted even longer than the restylane, almost two years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! 2 years... what part of the face?

I love Juvederm, I use J because everywhere it says that it lasts longer than Restylane. But I have only had it done twice (in January this year and one month after to add a bit more). I cannot consider this 2 times as a repeat really, I just took a slow approach. So will see how long it will last.

I use it around the lips and I am really thinking to add a bit more plus to inject it on left M-t-N area as it is a bit more pronounced on the left.

I actually heard it before from several people that it lasts longer with repeated use, so it is so encouraging to see that more and more people notice the same. Dancing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I had one vial spread between both my nasolabial lines and two tiny lines on either side of my lips. It also burned way less than the restylane and didn't clump. I had problems with the resty leaving tiny bumps at the injection sites twice.
Juvaderm is so much smoother and won't do that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
everyone is different ,restylane lasted me 30 days.Oh by the way my dr said that juvederm in clinical studies lasted only 9 days longer than restylane....big deal Rolling Eyes
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
For me it lasted twice as long but it was also cheaper. It depends on your metabolism, for some your body can absorb it extremely fast. Same for botox.
The main difference for me was how much smoother it goes in with way less lumps. My doc makes a cocktail with a painkiller, juvaderm and an anti-inflammatory which takes away the pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've never met or discussed on forum anyone who actually built collagen around an injection and didn't need additional filler over time. It would be nice if this could happen but I'm doubtful.

When I read of a PS or derm telling someone this is what happens I am very skeptical. For me it's all about results and evidence based on what people report,not the in-vitro stuff or the verbage of a Dr.

I was like LucyLuc - I tried resty once and it absorbed right away - 6 weeks maybe. Very expensive and disappointing.

I'm using facial exercises to pull things up.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I do think for my upcoming September wedding I'm going to get filler in my smile lines. Really, I'm using the wedding as an excuse to try everything I've wanted to. From all your posts, sounds like I should wait until close to the wedding, in case it doesn't last.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
artefill is permanent thats what I had for nasal lines,I am happy so far after a year and a half.Its had good reviews on realself.com.I think its hard to get now,the co may have gone BK Sad
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have had Restylane injected in my NL troughs for five years now. I have had Juvéderm once (it hurt like hell and didn't stay any longer than Resty. I now have Radiesse and it seems to be hanging in there longer. I can feel it underneath the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I had Restylane disappear within 30-45 days, and had a similar result with basic Juvederm. But then I had GREAT success with Juvederm Ultra Plus (the thickest one)...much smoother injection than Resty, less bruising, and it lasted MUCH longer. It all comes down to your individual metabolism and a willingness (and budget) to experiment.

But I will say that each injection has lasted much longer...until I started Ageless. That helped kick it right out the door much faster, probably because it had not had time to really become "established" since I started facial exercises 2 weeks later.

Having done fillers for 3+ years, my current view is:
- Ageless is MUCH better for my marionette lines than filler ever was...I will not be doing more filler there.
- Filler in my lips was the BEST thing I have done for my self esteem thus far, and something men often mention (which I thought was odd). "You have beautiful lips." Weird...who says that crap? Confused But choosing the right injector is CRITICAL here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I had Juvederm Ultra Plus in my NL's back in Sept of last year....then, got the same in my marionettes plus a refresher in my NL's back in Feb. It has lasted for me quite nicely although I think the Juve in my marionettes was a complete waste AND I looked horrible for about a week afterwards. I am pleased with what it has done for my NL's though. I do believe had I had a different injector, my marionettes would have looked better, but I went to a different derm place just to save a few bucks...wont do that again!!!

Has anyone ever had a filler for volume loss in their cheeks? I have an appointment next month with one of the best facial plastic surgeons in Wisconsin (aint trusting just anyone to this face O' mine!! ha ha) to see what my options are for restoring loss of volume in my cheeks. Looking in to fillers or fat grafting for that. Will not do surgery or implants!!! No way.....I just want a little bit of volume restored back in there......

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I had my first ever filler injected in my undereye hollows last May.
I have Esthelis (not sure if it's in the US yet). It's still going strong 11 months later.
I started Ageless a few months ago and it doesn't seem to have effected the filler at all. I'm really happy with it.
The good thing about Esthelis is that it is very smooth, no lumps, and it can be injected shallowly with no discoloration.
I definately recommend it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have not heard of Esthelis in the US - we seemed to be behind in that regard. I'm happy with my facial exercises for the lift it gives me but this product sounds like one worth tracking; thanks.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
regarding plump lips remember this clasic thread in the hot library? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
whats the BEST filler for undereye dark circles puffy and last LONGEST??
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Bren21- did the injector not put enough of the juvaderm into your marionette lines. It can take quite a bit. I've had some on two small lines there and it really helped, but you use quite a lot of the syringe. I also had some in my lower chin to cheek range where I had lost some volume after my laser surgery. I helped plump it back up and some out the fine lines/wrinkles.
Tasha-Juvaderm seems like it would not help your puffiness, just the opposite. When a lower bleph is done, the doc removes the fat pad there to smooth out the puffiness. Now they can inject restylane in the tear troughs to plump that are up to hide dark circles and hollowness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I had 3 syringes put in, one whole syringe on the left and 2 more for the right and to top off the NL's....I was severely disappointed as I was expecting more bang for the buck. My left one which got a whole damn syringe looks like it got nothing...ahh well, live and learn....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm "Bumping" this thread -- still kind of a newbie really.

Some posters have mentioned doing Ageless Facial Exercises (think it's Bethany) after having a dermal filler. What are the effects on the filler? Will the exercises cause it to absorb more quickly? Lou Lou's book is in the mail, and I'm anxious to get started, but I do have Restylane in some areas. Comments please?

Also, I agree with some of the others that getting Restylane in my lips was definitely worth the money spent!! I will continue with it as needed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Some posters have mentioned doing Ageless Facial Exercises (think it's Bethany) after having a dermal filler. What are the effects on the filler? Will the exercises cause it to absorb more quickly? Lou Lou's book is in the mail, and I'm anxious to get started, but I do have Restylane in some areas. Comments please?

If the Restylane has been there for a while, I would not worry about it. But if you JUST had it injected (like a month ago or less) I would wait a bit for it to get settled and activate your own collagen matrix. Otherwise you may lose it more quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany. My restylane has been less than a month, so I'll wait. Maybe after I start Ageless, I won't need it anymore! Very Happy

But the lips are another thing...I just love the way they look with a little filler...and they really look plumped when I use the original version of City Lips Exclamation Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Bren21 wrote:
Has anyone ever had a filler for volume loss in their cheeks? I have an appointment next month with one of the best facial plastic surgeons in Wisconsin (aint trusting just anyone to this face O' mine!! ha ha) to see what my options are for restoring loss of volume in my cheeks. Looking in to fillers or fat grafting for that. Will not do surgery or implants!!! No way.....I just want a little bit of volume restored back in there.

Yeah Bren, I had one round of fat grafts to my cheeks and peri-orbital areas. I am not a fan of this procedure (except when I look at Courtney Cox's face!! I suspect she's had grafts or some other filler.)I went to "one of the best PS's" in Atlanta. What I have now are two different cheeks, some subtle lumps and bumps, and "howdy-dowdy" looking cheeks when I smile. I also have a permanent lump under one eye, where he did the injection. It is much more noticable since the fat has dissipated. I had the grafts maybe 2.5 yrs ago (or is it 3.5??). Now I am back to having sunken-in eyes. Ideally you should get more than one set of grafts, so they can even things out, but I'm usually a "one time girl" and if they don't get it the first time, I'm out.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Just caught this reply Mountaingirl...thanks:) I saw the surgeon last month and he recommended implants for me with a bit of fat grafting added in... Also suggested a dermal filler if I wanted to try it out first. Not sure what I am going to do as I am a bit reserved about surgery and implants. If it is surgery, then I would not be getting it until next year. I think I will try out the filler first.....not permanent so if I don't like it no harm done.

sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone,
I want to have lines above my lips filled. what should I use. there is one line that drives me crazy.. What is best in that area?

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |