Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question regarding home ultrasonic use
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MissE

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this, as I've done some online research and can't find anything to help me.

I recently purchased a home ultrasonic device for use on my face (it's a 2 mhz Bellaire) and used it for the first time last night. I only used it for the 10 minutes that it specifies and used aloe gel as a conductor. I used the high setting. Well, about 1/2 through using it I noticed my face felt especially flush (the device itself was warm, though not uncomfortably so - I though ultrasonic was not supposed to feel warm, though this device does say it warms up on the high setting). I went to a different mirror with better lighting because my face was feeling very warm by this point and was getting uncomfortable, and when I looked in the mirror I looked like I had a horrible sunburn. I started cold compressions and kept that up for about 1/2 hour and put sunburn lotion on and drank a lot of water (I also felt sort of dry and like my skin was pulling). Thankfully the redness is gone this morning.

I also tested the aloe gel on my arm, just to make sure I wasn't having a weird reaction to that, and nothing happened.

I know people use these devices all the time and want to be able to use mine. Has anyone else had something like this happen? Could there be something wrong with my device? Am I using it wrong? Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I just got my 2 MHz US from Bellaire yesterday and will check mine out tonight, so I'll let you know if anything like that happens to me. I thought I read in the paperwork that some people may be sensitive to the US and if that was the case to use the pulse setting it has. I know you are supposed to keep your face misted with water or the like when using the US, did you do that? It also seems like 10 minutes is an awfully long time. Are you penetrating actives in with the US, and/or what is your goal in using the US?
MissE

Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I didn't mist my face with water, although I did reapply the aloe gel while doing it. 10 minutes seems like a lot too but the instructions said to do 2-3 minutes per section of face, so I did that. Do you know if it will work with just water? I had thought that for the ultrasonic waves to actually penetrate they need a conductor (a gel).

I'm not using it with any other products, either. I was going to use it, then apply vitamin C & my face lotion, which is about all I use. My goal is to use it for better firmness (I understand it stimulates collagen) and just clearer, nicer skin. I had read a bit on these ultrasonics and understand that in some countries they're used commonly, and thought it couldn't hurt to try it and see what it does.

Please do let me know what your reaction is. I'm not going to use mine again until I know just what's going on. I'm a bit afraid of damaging my skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Miss E, I will be using mine to penetrate in the 302 actives that I use. So, I will apply the active, and then mist with my LRP water, and I will only be using the US long enough to penetrate the actives in. So, it will be a quick use. I haven't heard of using it only on clean skin, but I am definitely not an expert on these devices!

I would use your aloe vera gel, and maybe try the pulse mode to see if you get the same type of reaction. Send a PM to Boski here on this forum. She knows a ton about the ultrasounds. I am sure others will come along, as well, to give you their advice! Good luck, and I'll let you know tomorrow if I have any type of reaction like you had.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
how much was this gadget?
MissE

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl. Yes, please let me know how it goes. I won't be back online until Monday but I'll be sure to check & see how your skin did. Also, I've just joined this forum (I've read it before for recommendations but never joined) and don't really know how to PM another member. Maybe you could walk me through that when you get a chance? And is it really ok to contact someone I don't know?

My ultrasound device was about $130 on ebay (new). I'm sure you can find them a bunch of places.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
MissE, see under all the peoples names in the threads you read; there is an icon that says "profile" and there is an icon that says "PM". You need to find whoever you are looking for, click the PM on their name, and that will take you to a screen where you type in a topic and then a message to send them a PM. To search, you go up to the top of any page and you'll see the box with the "search" in the box, just click on that, which will take you to where you can perform different searches. I'll send Boski a PM to come over and look at this thread and off her advice, ok?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
MissE wrote:
I didn't mist my face with water, although I did reapply the aloe gel while doing it. 10 minutes seems like a lot too but the instructions said to do 2-3 minutes per section of face, so I did that. Do you know if it will work with just water? I had thought that for the ultrasonic waves to actually penetrate they need a conductor (a gel).

I'm not using it with any other products, either. I was going to use it, then apply vitamin C & my face lotion, which is about all I use. My goal is to use it for better firmness (I understand it stimulates collagen) and just clearer, nicer skin. I had read a bit on these ultrasonics and understand that in some countries they're used commonly, and thought it couldn't hurt to try it and see what it does.

Please do let me know what your reaction is. I'm not going to use mine again until I know just what's going on. I'm a bit afraid of damaging my skin.

Hi, Rileygirl sent me over to look at your post. From the sounds of it, you may need to start at lower setting and for less time. You can use plain water to mist with, but the aloe should be okay too. The ultrasound is going to increase the circulation (which is a good thing) in your skin and it will turn pink. You do need to keep moving the probe so that it does not sit in one spot and overheat your skin. Keep misting or reapply aloe to keep the surface wet. As long as your skin feels warm and NOT hot, that should be okay. Ultrasound is one of the safest things you can use on the face. I've never read of anybody being burned by one. If you want to penetrate your actives into the skin, you should apply the active, then apply the aloe or mist over it, and then apply the ultrasound. The sonic waves push topicals further into the skin. HTH
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Boski. MissE, I used my 2 MHz US tonight. I did not have the same reaction you had. I also noted that my US was not warm at all. In fact, I wondered if it was working as I could not feel anything!, so I sprinkled a few drops of water on it, and it did bubble up to let me know that it was working. I used it on the highest setting, but I did not use it for 10 minutes, probably more like 5 minutes tops.
MissE

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help, all. I actually tested my ultrasonic on my hands this past weekend and it was fine - no extra heat or redness. I think I used it at too high a setting and for too long the first time - I'm going to try it at the lower setting and just a few swipes per area. I'm actually glad that I can get results from spending less time with it, since to me 10 minutes a day spent just doing ultrasound to my face is a lot - I just get bored.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Gehwol Gerlavit Moor Vitamin Cream - Facial Care (75 ml / 2.6 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |