Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Your cleansing routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ashbob2
5% products discount

Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
What is your cleansing routine at home?

In a salon they cleanse your skin twice before toning. Do you do this at home?

Cant decide if its a waste of cleanser as my product will be finished in half the time!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have this bad habit of falling asleep right after or even during dinner (I know, its pathetic considering my DH doesn't wake me up!)....so to avoid falling asleep with all my makeup, I make it a habit to use one of those facial cleansing cloths (olay or dove or something cheaper like the one they sell at Costco) as soon as I get home and definitely before I start eating dinner.
Then, for my real cleansing routine, I use my pretika dermasoninc brush (a clarisonic knock off) with a regular cheap cleanser (Olay or cetaphil) followed by toner to set the skin's ph. At times, I use Obagi C cleanser but not followed by a toner as I read on this board that the Vit C cleanser already preps the skin to the right PH.
So either a cheap cleanser followed by a toner or an expensive C cleanser.
If you are trying to save some money, they have some toners you can do yourself in the DIY board.
HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I wash once with IS Clinical cleanser, and follow with a micro fiber cloth. This seems to be the best I've found so far to cleanse my face at night. In the morning I cleanse with a different cleanser.( IS Clinical is to expensive to use twice a day ).Usually a mild cleanser Like Yonka or whatever I reach for.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
In the morning I just splash with cold water. In the evening, I either use Obaji C cleanser or, if I'm lazy, a cleansing cloth (Olay). I'll only cleanse once, unless its a clarisonic day; in which case I cleanse with the preferred choice of the day and the repeat with a liquid cleanser and the clarisonic brush.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
ashbob2 wrote:

Cant decide if its a waste of cleanser as my product will be finished in half the time!

I don't think it's necessary to cleanse your face twice.
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:13 am      Reply with quote
ashbob2 wrote:

i do twice at nit , only once in the morning. firstly i using decleor's cleasing milk ,then using dermalogica's special cleasing gel .
ashbob2
5% products discount

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
That makes sense, twice at night to remove makeup and just once in the morn. decleors cleansing milk is lovely, thats what i use.

znn_111 wrote:
ashbob2 wrote:

i do twice at nit , only once in the morning. firstly i using decleor's cleasing milk ,then using dermalogica's special cleasing gel .

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I guess the reason they cleanse your skin twice in salon is to help maximize the treatment result. I usually only clean my face twice when I wear makeup. Cool
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I guess they clean your face twice with different products, cleansing oil to remove makeup and then regular cleanser. Most Japanese brands have the two step cleansing system. But it is not necessary if you do not ware makeup.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
only once a day,
just in the night time before sleeping.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I use a foaming cleanser in the morning, and a milk cleanser followed by a foaming cleanser at night to make sure I removed my sunscreen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I wash once and dont use toner. washing more then once dries out my skin.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I think we're all different, but i like to double-cleanse.

in the morning, i use dermalogica clay cleanser then follow with daily microfoliant. the microfoliant isn't a cleanser, per say, so you can't use that on it's own anyway.

at night time, i like to use a dedicated make-up remover, then a face wash afterwards. i just feel like my skin is so much cleaner after doing it twice. i have to say it looks cleaner and fresher too. i feel more refreshed and ready for bed, if that makes sense.

On occasions, i've cleansed once - then gone back afterwards to find i've still got grime and make-up on my skin so i worry about not getting rid of it all on a single cleanse.

HTH

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
neena nina

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Cleansing rituals can vary from one person to another, its also highly dependent on the kind of lifestyle one has - if you have time to spare when you get home or are you the type who just goes straight to bed without an ounce of strength left in your body?
personally, i stick to using a make up remover, then washing my face with a mild facial foam, then moisturizer. day cream in the morning.

neena.nina
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I simply use Aveeno extra gentle cleansing bar in the evening as it is Ph balanced. In the morning I either just splash water or use a micro derm cloth
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I cleanse once before moving on to other products. Overwashing drys me out, leads to an oil imbalance and causes more breakouts for me.
Once is enough IMHO. I may have to add additional cleanser to remove waterproof mascara and the like.

I even stopped cleansing in the AM...if you do it efficiently at night before bed, I think it's overkill to do it again in the AM.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with ParisTroika, more than once can be overdrying. I wash with a gel at night, and in the mornings I either swipe with a cotton pad dampened with water or use a microfibre cloth.
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and I am happy with the texture. Sometimes if I have heavy make-up, I use olive oil to wipe off eye makeup and foundation before I wash it with cleanser. I have a facial brush and I will lightly brush my face from time to time while cleaning - yet I am not sure if that's a good practice for everyone since skin condition determine highly whether you can be 'brushed". I am contemplating about Clarisonic - if anyone who's used this before and think it's a big improvement, please let me know.
chyi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:50 am      Reply with quote
lilyflower wrote:
only once a day,
just in the night time before sleeping.

Laughing me too~~
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I clean my face every morning and evening,the morning cleaner is more gentel than the evening.
Sabrinafr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I do twice at night, with a cleansing milk to remove make-up and a foaming cleanser to clean my face.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
In the morning I cleanse once with a foaming gel. Then at night I use a oil based cleanser for makeup removal followed with a creamy based cleanser.
Current products:
AM - Bioelements Decongestant Cleanser
PM - MAC Cleanse Off Oil, followed with Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

Both the Bioelements & Fresh cleansers are used with my Clarisonic brush
xxbeauty

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
AM : Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel

PM : Dermalogica Precleanse followed by Special Cleansing Gel and Clarisonic.

I always want to make sure my face is extra clean before I use treatments at night. I use Precleanse basically as a makeup/dirt/oil remover, which is why I don't use it in the AM.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
night:i use AQ cleansing cream and rinse with a wet tissue. and then wash my face with freeplus cleansing cream.
sometimes i use premavera life's mud to substitute the second step

daytime: only use the water.

i think this routine could prevent your skin from further more rosacea and thinness problem.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
First on the list. Otherwise easily lead to over-clean

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |