Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

thank you EDS and my experience with different products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you to all the wonderful ladies I found here.Even I am not writing too much , I am checking the board daily since I discovered it in October 2008.
I was desperated to do something about my skin as I was feeling that I am falling apart.
So I started my battle and here are the things that worked for me:
-Retionl-Green Cream -great results

-Arbonne Nutrimin C:soap, serum, day cream,night cream,eye cream - wonderful- not too harsh and you can really see results in a week

-AHA -this one I just started to incorporate recently and I am very happy - the pores are getting smaller and I have a very nice glow

-Emu oil -once in a while...

-Sun screen La-Roche Posay

Actually my regimen is:
Am-Clean my face with Arbone, serum, day cream and sunscreen

During the day I add every 3 hours sunscreen even I am at work- a bit uncovenient as i have to redo all the makeup but...pigmentaion - I just got rid of it somehow...Oh well still there but less

Pm- Clean my face Arbonne soap wash, and alternate every other night: green cream , Arbonne night cream and AHA .One night a week nothing

For eyes I use Arbonne day and night -but not too happy.From October till now I tried BrightI -ok but nothing special and TRue radiance-was iritating for my upper lids.Now I orderd Eye Tuck and I am really excited to get it

I am also in Face Exrcises - a combination of Flex Effect with Ageless and Using BQ 3 times a week .I also have a Dermawand that I use whenever I remember .I had A NUface as well and didn't do anything for me.

I am 45 , white skin and my main problems where:
-pigmentation(not realy solved )
-puffy eys with bags(still there)
-tired skin(much better)
-fine lines(not there anymore)
-crow feet- not too much (solved)
- a bit of saging everywhere(improved -much better-still a bit on jaw line and a bit of marionette lines)

As supliments I am taking:

Flax oil morning - one spoon
10:00 am greens shake
MSM +Vitamin C
19 - protein shake with a cup of berries

I am exercising 3-5 times a week and trying to eat as healthy as i can;)

And yes I suffered from a very nasty yeast infection for one year - a vaginal one with awful burnings.Everything was solved since I started with greens - please ladies give to this a try for one week

Unfortunatelly all the pics I took before started are gone as my daughter deleted them.I have only a few new and I would like to share them here ,All of them are with makeup.I'll try to take a couple without and to add them.
I don't know exactly how to add them Anyone can help me please?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi talyta, the only thing I would add to your routine which might help with the pigmentation is a Vitamin C product in the morning. Look for one that contains l-ascorbic acid. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is excellent. Sorry, I can't help with the pictures.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
yeah start with a vit c serum like cellex c or skinceuticals.

for pics, u gotta upload it to a host site like tinypic.com, then click the button "IMG" on top here, paste the tinypic link, then click once more on "IMG"
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=djJC30wWKe7UgrUJvp0MUw%3D%3D
thank you:)
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote

tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Hi talyta, the only thing I would add to your routine which might help with the pigmentation is a Vitamin C product in the morning. Look for one that contains l-ascorbic acid. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is excellent. Sorry, I can't help with the pictures.

vit c helps u get brighten, right?
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
honistly, u look younger than ur age .
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
thanks Tinali Smile - I am doing my best - desperately doing it and over doing .

Yes Vitamin C is helping lots with brightening and all the Arbonne Nutrimin C line has it .I am tempted to add the CE Feluric as well.

I forgot to add that I am using Castor oil and I see a bit of difference . And City lips Smile- not too much but still a nice plump. BTW they have an original product and a new one .I bought both of them the original (cheaper now) works much much better for me .

And also I started to use AHA + on my body - amazing . I bought it very cheap from Acne.org

I just love AHA on my face as well:)

Oh well so many things to try ...
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
tinali0202 wrote:
jom wrote:

vit c helps u get brighten, right?

Your skin looks great! Yes in addition to help with pigmentation, the vitamin C will help brighten your complexion and give you added sunscreen protection.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
wow.i like your make up,natural beauty

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
You look amazing - your regimen is definitely working for you!
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
wow, your skin looks great and you are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
BTW, where can i get the products you mentioned? Rolling Eyes
ok333
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
wow.i like your make up,natural beauty

me too. you look great - keep it up and thanks for posting your pics!
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
You look younger than your age.Your teeth look very good,and I love your make up,feel also good.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I agree, your regimen is definitely working! I have to point out that your neck/jawline helps in making you look younger than your age. Firm and supple, no crepiness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't see any pigmentation problems, talyta. You look great. What type of pigmentation problem do you think you have?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you to all of you Smile .
You don't have any idea how much I appreciate this forum - reading it every day and trying to do different things is what keeps me on track and sane these days - keeps me distract from my problems....(My husband was manager in an oil & gas company and he was laid off in December just before Christmas and didn't find anything yet so not a good time for us at all Sad) Anyway I have pigmentation but I have an excelent foundation -Face Atelier .And what is very strange is that I have good days and bad days with it.That means days I don't see too much and days that I look like a dalmation.My theory is that is hormonal and is agravated by sun.It started in my 30is when I figured out that I have fibroms as well. My mom had it very bad and it cleaned up after menopause ...So maybe my next step would be to do some research in hormon balancing.

I also have a question for you ladies: I just feel that I am exfoliating too much : the skin looks great after but is it healthy on the long run?

I was reading here about the "cooking effect" obtained as a result of using different machines. I guess that I have it using BQ .It's not bad but my skin feels too soft after that not firm and plum....The next day I am back to the same consinstance However I am worried not to do any other damage.

About my neck and jaw line - yes I am obssesd with it :doing lots of neck exercises :kissing the ceiling and 0-u- x pronunciation.

Probably my routine exercise helps as well...

And I'll try to take some without makeup pics as well .. Try t find a good dy just not to scary anyone;)
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Smile And maybe I'll convince someone - I want to stress once again that Castor oil on lashes works Smile - It took for me 2-3 month but the results are great Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi talyta!
Lovely pics! I would not guess you at 45. Much younger. The exercises you are doing are working! And nice choice of colors in your makeup. Very flattering. Watch out for shiny makeup though since it can emphasize every tiny pore and line. A light dusting of setting powder followed by a spritz of mineral water spray can set the makeup and keep it from looking shiny. Blotting papers are our friends!

Are you wearing any mascara in the pics? Because your lashes are TDF! Very good results if castor oil is your secret! Lovely!

Please do not be upset that I am offering advice - if you could see me now without my makeup you would wonder why I am even telling you this! It is only meant as a suggestion. You are so beautiful, why not make it even better???

I only use my BabyQ once a week now. I used it every other day for the first 3 months, then twice a week for 2 months, now for 2 years I use it once a week with good results.

I only exfoliate one time a week with NCNProSkincare microfiber cloth. Otherwise you overdo it and make the skin raw I think. But that's just me. Your skin may like more exfoliation. Just be gentle. You are not a floor to be scrubbed!

Yes, it's a good distraction here isn't it! Our little escape!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie;

Yor comments are much appreciated ! I am here to learn and to share so part of the learning process is critics as weel

After I saw the pics I realized as wellthat is too shiny and to much.Damn I should wear my glasses when I do the makeup;)

About my lashes: yes i have mascara mainly because my lashes are lighter(odd isn't it i am pretty dark brown and lashes and
brow eyes lighter).I tried to tit it and it looks bad dry shorter thinner .Castor oil and a good mascara(cover girl extra volume)
make the trick

I am also interested if I am not overdoing with retinol and aha 4 times a week.is it too much?All of them are very potnents and I don't want my skin thiner

An other great tip I want to share is the product I found for acnee but Better I should open an other thread not to mess this one too much

Lots of love to all of you
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Talyta, if you are concerned about overdoing the products, you could think about doing what Daniel Yarosh recommends (the Man behind Remergent, and the auther of "The New Science of Perfect Skin".). In his book, he recommends using an AHA product for 6 weeks, and then switching to Retinol for 6 weeks, and keep alternating that way. Just a thought.

I personally think it is you who should be giving advice, because you definitely don't look your age! Very Happy
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Talyta, First of all, you look fabulous! Secondly, could you tell me more about castor oil for lashes? How and when do you apply it, and does it help with thickening or lenghtening or both?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
HI Talyta!
I just want to add that you look happy!! and that makes you so beautiful. Even when you are 95, God willing, and maybe have wrinkles, you will be the prettiest girl on the block with such a geniune smile and twinkling eyes!
You look loved and loving! Live long!
fawnie

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie dear - the appearances deceive ..but I try to make the most from everything so I am happy.I understand that what happens with me is not on my control but my reaction is . So reaction is happienes and hope ..Smile.And lots of things that I am experimenting - that keeps me busy and out of trouble...I love to try to get excited ...u know what I mean...I was lazy and busy ...oh well excuses..but now that I started to right here I feel that I really have to share my experience (not always good results)

Now about the castor oil - is the oldest remedy and helper for healthy lashes -.I wanted some thiker lashes but wasn't ready to pay hundreds and for sure didn't want something iritating on my eyes- face oh well - i damage ...I still can live with it but with eye damage is harder ///I just was a chicken with it as I am with fillers, surgery as well

Oh well so I remember my grandma's advice and I started to add a drop of castor oil along my upper and lower lashes just before going to sleep.Sometimes it gets on my eyes and I can't read (the forum) but is not iritating at all.And I rub on my eye brows as well.The results I saw after 2 month or so.Longer for sure ,,,,the lower laswes are way longer .Thiker..a bit yes ,,,but I am still working on this.What I can say for sure is that on my right eye - the bottom corner was bold -lol and now I have a couple of lashes ....lol
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |