Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Appointment for Permanent Eyeliner!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Well, after years of thought I'm finally planning to get this done. I've done my research and this is the place I'm planning to go to. The lady specializes in tattoo coloring and also teaches cosmetic tattooing as well.

http://www.permanent-makeup-by-renee.com/

I'm actually planning to get more of a lash enhancement than actual eyeliner. I want something very natural to just give my eyes some definition when I'm not wearing makeup. I have light/medium brown lashes and very pink eyelid skin, so it really washes me out. I'll probably go with a dark brown instead of black for the color itself.

Anyone else had this done and care to share your experiences? I'm a bit nervous about the pain, even though she does use anesthetics. Otherwise I'm very excited. I go the afternoon of 4/24. Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I had my eyeliner done and lips eight years ago and love it. I wish I had it done many years ago.....It is so worth it.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I had my eyeliner done and lips eight years ago and love it. I wish I had it done many years ago.....It is so worth it.
Toby

Thanks Toby! I have considered my lips but I'm definitely more leary there. I have extremely pale lips and would love just a hint of color, but from the pictures I see, most of them look like they have an obvious liner. I assume this is because the skin there is transitioning with the facial skin so it absorbs a bit more. I may be wrong but that's what I see from pictures online.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I had the whole lips done. Now all I do is add Buxom Bare Essentials lip gloss and they rock. I didn't want the lined lip look. No matter how dark you have the lips done they will end up with a nice subdue color and look natural. I wish I had taken before and after pictures the difference is tremendous.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I've had an "Lash Enhancement"...I think that's what its called and I also LOVE it. I used to be so self-concious without eye makeup on. My eyes just looked so sad and bare, but the permanent liner defines them and really improves my overall appearance when I have no makeup on. I think permanent makeup is fabulous!!!!!!!! My only advice for the eyes, do a little at a time, so you don't end up with a bold liner that is heavier than you wanted.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I have done a lot of things cosmetically this is one I havent done. I think her photos on the website...the permanent makeup looks too harsh and garish,I think it will make an older woman look older. I prefer a much more natural look, I do not like to see a complete line of liner under the eye....too fake. Also makeup syles change and colors can fade and even "run" with time. Be very careful.The eyebrows also look like they were put on with a sharpie pen,the "chollo" look.I prefer to lightly fill in brows with powder for a natural look.This is permanent and there is no turning back if you dont ike it.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
what about if u donot like it after 10years ,how would u get rid of them ....think about it. it used to be very popular in the past 10 years , and so many people regret with this action.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
tinali0202 wrote:
what about if u donot like it after 10years ,how would u get rid of them ....think about it. it used to be very popular in the past 10 years , and so many people regret with this action.

I know about 5 people with it done, some as long as 10 years ago and none of them regret it.

Lucyluc - I agree that a lot of the pics look a bit harsh, but I'm pretty sure they were taken in the first few weeks before things had truly settled/faded (even though they say "healed"). This is also why I'm getting dark brown instead of black coloring as I want it very natural. I'll also only get it along the lash line, not like actual eyeliner would be. Sounds like mountaingirl got exactly what I'm wanting.

Mountaingirl - Can you send me any before/after pics? I'd love to see how it looks, even if you just have afters. I could use you as an example to show her what I'm wanting.

I'm also planning to only do about the outer 2/3 of each lid. I don't look right with the inner 3rd of my lids lined. I think my eyes are too round and only lining them with the outer 2/3 gives them a more cat-like look, without actually being cat-like if you know what I mean. I'll have to take some pics to show you what I'm talking about as it's hard to describe.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
This is the best example I could find of lash enhancement like I'm wanting.

Look at the before/after of the lady in the top upper left. She also had eyebrows done. Scroll over the images for closeups.

http://www.juvessentials.com/permanent-makeup2.html
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
a few of my friends' mothers had permanent eyeliner done a few decades ago and it's kind of a navy colour now.

i would love to hear more about eyelash enhancements, though. i had eyelash extensions done last summer and i loved it. i will definitely look into a more permanent option.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've treated several patients who's eyeliner didn't keep up with the skin morphology( sagging)Turned navy blue, thick and crooked
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
What is exactly "eyelash enhancer"? How is it different from permanent eye liner?

I had the lip liner done 7 year ago. It was ok initially, but now I am thinking I do not like it, and I am happy that is gradually wearing out. Especially, I am kinda mad at the esthetician who made unequal lines, and my left part on the upper lip is a bit differently shaped than the right one (not a huge difference, but my eye always catches it up as my eyes hate asymmetry and detect it in any place right away) Crying or Very sad

But the pictures in the second link have some successful examples of full lip coloring. I absolutely do not like the eye brows done with tatoo, do not look natural at all. And I've seen it in real life, NOT my favorite thing to look at. (Except, of course, if people didn't have any brows at all, then it is a reasonable solution).

To tell you the truth, the work examples in the first link are not impressive at all, the second link pictures show much nicer skill. IMHO (I am picky now about estheticians...)
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Mountaingirl - Can you send me any before/after pics? I'd love to see how it looks, even if you just have afters. I could use you as an example to show her what I'm wanting.

Tamgirl...I don't have any before and afters. I actually had it done about 3 times in 3 months (several years ago) because I was soooo paranoid about getting more than I wanted...so I got a little at a time. I still apply eyeliner now, because I do like it a little bolder when I go out, but I like that it defines, or lines my lash line and GIVES ME EYE's when I have no makeup on. It is called a Lash Enhancement. Just tell your make up artist, that is what you want, and ask her if she includes a touch up in her price. Most artist's will agree to this. If anything, a lash enhancement is barely detectable to anyone but you.

Don't worry about it being so permanant. Mine has totally faded on my lower lashline now (thanks to Retin A?) but is still ok on the upper lids. You will love it. Don't let the
skeptic's deter you....just choose your artist wisely--look at her version of a lash enhancement and make sure you're on the same page--and tell her to be conservative the first go round. Here is a link to where I had it done and she has some photo's of lash enhancements on there...scroll down the page:
http://dawncolors.com/photos.html

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I started searching around last night as something in the back of my mind was worrying me about the place I had planned to go. Even though the lady is an instructor and has glowing reviews, something just didn't sit well with me.

So, I've rescheduled with a lady that I already love. Her goal is a completely natural approach to cosmetic makeup and the majority of her clients are actually referred by physicians. She requires you to have a consult 7 days before the procedure for a patch test, sign forms, choose coloring, etc. She also goes easy on the first application and schedules a second appointment for touch ups if needed (included in the price). She feels it's best to start slow and then build up if you want more. I totally agree and can't wait to go over everything with her on Friday.

Here is her site and my goal is to have it done similiar to the second lady on this page:

http://www.foreverbeautifuldfw.com/Eyeliner%20Gallery.html
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Tamgirl - Probably as in all things, if you choose the right technician, you'll get a good result. Sounds like the lady you've chosen has a sensible approach, ie start slow and build up.

I've never had this done myself, but I see a lot of women who have (it's quite popular in Hong Kong). I've seen some really nice work but also a few horrors. I'm still haunted by the scary jet black rectangular eyebrows I saw on a woman who sat next to me on the bus a couple years back - the fact that I still remember it years later says it all LOL

A Chinese lady I work with had her brows done some years before I met her, and though the shaping is nice, it has faded to what looks like a navy colour as some mentioned above. Just guessing, but I'm thinking the "fading to navy" thing might be due to using black (maybe even blue black) which is perhaps more commonly used in Asia ?? If you're using brown, when it fades I imagine you shouldn't get those blue tones...

Anyway, good luck with yours. Let us know how it turns out.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi appletini! When I talked to her on the phone this morning, she asked if I was fair or dark skinned. I told her very fair and she said we'd probably use a black/brown color then. I told her that was exactly what I was thinking. I definitely don't want any blue lines!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I started searching around last night as something in the back of my mind was worrying me about the place I had planned to go. Even though the lady is an instructor and has glowing reviews, something just didn't sit well with me.

So, I've rescheduled with a lady that I already love. Her goal is a completely natural approach to cosmetic makeup and the majority of her clients are actually referred by physicians. She requires you to have a consult 7 days before the procedure for a patch test, sign forms, choose coloring, etc. She also goes easy on the first application and schedules a second appointment for touch ups if needed (included in the price). She feels it's best to start slow and then build up if you want more. I totally agree and can't wait to go over everything with her on Friday.

Here is her site and my goal is to have it done similiar to the second lady on this page:

http://www.foreverbeautifuldfw.com/Eyeliner%20Gallery.html

This sounds very good. I had mine done and went back for more within two weeks and this was built into the plan. Everyone responds differently to the pigments etc. and by having several sessions you can judge how much pigment you want and how much pigment your body holds. I held pigment well while by friend didn't at all, she had to go back many times, but it was all built into the price.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
This new link photos (forever beautiful) look really nice. Even the eye brows look nice and more natural. I know you are not interested in the brows, but I look at the skill shown in the pictures, because, I think it is the most difficult to make eye brows look nice, so if this person mastered this technic, she is really good.

Looking at these pictures I caught myself thinking to have it done too Question Rolling Eyes (the lashes I mean)

Her approach sound really professional and thoughtful. Good luck and let us know details how it feels having it done and how you like the results.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I think you've made the right choice too! One thing you might do is bring your current eyeliner with you so she can see your color preference. I took my Lancombe Kohl liner pencil with me, and she matched it exactly (dark brown/black.) I also wore my eyeliner there so she could see how I like it.

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:18 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I think you've made the right choice too! One thing you might do is bring your current eyeliner with you so she can see your color preference. I took my Lancombe Kohl liner pencil with me, and she matched it exactly (dark brown/black.) I also wore my eyeliner there so she could see how I like it.

I did the same thing and was very pleased with the my results.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Yep, that's what the consult is for tomorrow. She wants to see how I wear my makeup on a daily basis. Unfortunately, I don't have a favorite liner so won't be taking one with me. I have always bought liner for it's staying power over the exact color. To me the brown/blacks all look about the same. Wink
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Looking at these pictures I caught myself thinking to have it done too Question Rolling Eyes (the lashes I mean)

Her approach sound really professional and thoughtful. Good luck and let us know details how it feels having it done and how you like the results.

I'll definitely let you know how it feels. I had a normal tattoo done years ago on the hip and sure hope it's nothing like that! Shock Of course that one was done without anesthetic so I'm sure this won't be nearly that bad.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl, I had the eyeliner done. I wish I didn't do the bottom lids though. Oh well it's all done. It's been 5 years for me. I want to warn you it hurt like heck. If you have a strong pain killer, take it an hour before you get there.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Tamgirl, I had the eyeliner done. I wish I didn't do the bottom lids though. Oh well it's all done. It's been 5 years for me. I want to warn you it hurt like heck. If you have a strong pain killer, take it an hour before you get there.

Hi Bira. Did you have the entire bottom lid done? I'm only planning to get the outer 2/3 of it done very lightly as I don't want it to look like an actual line. I find that when I try to line the inner 1/3 of my lower lid, it makes my lower lid look a bit droopy because of the way it dips there.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
So I had my consult yesterday and I absolutely loved her! She spent about an hour with me going over everything including what common mistakes people make (both patient and the artists) and showing me examples of everything. Then she did the patch test which is essentially a small tattooed freckle behind the ear up in the hair. When I go back next weekend, she'll look to see how my skin takes the color and make sure there were no allergic reactions.

She also went over the anesthetic and she uses two kinds. The first is topical and after that sits she does a pass with the needle and applies a different anesthetic to get deeper numbing. Also, I told her I was really looking more for lash enhancement than liner and she said that was her favorite thing to do because it looks so natural but makes such a difference for people. Anyways, I'll definitely post before and afters once I have them. She's going to be taking pics so I'll see if I can get some from her and I'm sure she'll be happy to send them to me.

It's amazing how the actual person can make all of the difference with your comfort level. This lady is an absolute doll, with a perfect little figure and just as cute as a button. It's also obvious she's a strong Christian as she has some Bible versus up in her room and mentioned a client from church during our discussions. I also got to meet her husband who was on his way out when I got there, and the way they interacted was just adorable (he was just finishing her laundry for her and said "I love you baby" on the way out...sigh. She was showing me pics of her two beautiful children (late teens) and all I could think was how she seems to have such a perfect life. People like that just draw you in and when it comes to something like permanent tattooing, it's definitely reassuring! Now I want to go to her for my hair appointments too (she serves her clients wine while they're getting styled!). Too bad she's a 45 minute drive from my house. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |