Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My lumigan long lashes are falling!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Its happening again. when I used Jan Marini I got long lashes for 5 mos and then the effect went away.Well I bought lumigan and had good results and now my lashes are falling...I dont know how to get them jumpstarted again or should I take a month breather and start to use again?I am bummed! Crying or Very sad
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you don't need to worry. Some ladies report shedding after 6 months or so (I think it is in the lumigan/latisse thread), but they kept on applying the product and the lashes seem to come back in about a month and still grow longer than they used to be before lumigan.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking about that,I am using it every other night...I do see tiny lashes sprouting out at the lashline but it will take awhile for them to get really long.I being in the "tween" phase!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear about the lashes falling. Are they all falling at the same time which creates a gap of no lashes that are obvious? I went through a period of baldness in my lower lash line once, and thought I would never get the lashes back.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I have heard of reports of shedding with users of Skin Biolgy's Foligen. Same could be true with you.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc,
I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I've been doing Latisse for one month and had no idea such a horrible thing could happen. Here's wishing you fast re-growth! Coleen

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it is recommended to use Lumigan/Latisse only 3 times a week or so after seeing good results to avoid the fallout problem. Right?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
its funny but I have never had fallout on lower lashes and no I dont really have bald spots as such but I just dont have the "wow" factor lashes...I mean they look ok with mascara but nothing like they did when they were at their peak....I am using every other night and waiting to see when I notice them getting longer,I hope in a month they will be back!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
There is a thread somewhere which discusses the eyelash growth phases and there are periods of long - "wow factor" lashes and then there is a regrowth period, the falling out period and a period where they are in a dormant phase. I suspect using it less frequently will help but I'm not sure.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Lucyluc, I remember you from the Jan Marini and Revitalash threads back in the days when those products had the actual "growth" factor in them.
I am sorry this fallout happened to you. If you got the prescription from your doctor, maybe ask him/her or even call the company and ask them?
I just got the rx for Latisse, and I have to say that it's ridiculously expensive. I paid $129.00 at the local drugstore for this, and it is only for ONE month's supply! Jan Marini and Revitalash were much easier to apply. Latisse comes in a minute plastic dropper bottle along with 60 individually wrapped brush applicators. You put one drop of liquid onto the brush applicator per eye. Well, with JM and RL, I felt the product go on, but with these big brushed applicators, I don't feel anything wet on my eyelids. I think the stupid applicator drinks up the product so that none goes on my lash line. Does Lumigan come with the applicators and do you feel the product going on?
Thanks so much in advance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Is this a normal occurrence with Lumigan usage?? I surely don't want this to happen as I really do have nice long thick lashes to begin with. I am just using Lumigan to fill in one area on my lower lash line that seems to not want to grow lashes...but have been using it on my uppers just to see if I can get them longer and at this point they are at the WOW factor...I'm loving it!! I would hate to lose my lashes when I really didn't need to use it on the uppers to begin with Embarassed

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I believe that the original JM formula contained lumigan;thats why JM was forced to take it off the market;the patent is held by Allergan;Allergan found out how much dough she was rolling in they forced her to take it off the market and came out with their own formulation,Latisse I think. I bought the actual lumigan by allergan for $12 from alldaychemist. With both JM and allergan lumigan I had the identical reaction: awesome long lashes for 5 months and then back to normal!I am hoping they will be back,I dont want extensions.The lumigan comes in a tiny squeeze bottle, I pried off the dropper top and just dip a liner brush in it....thats the best way,I also do not put it on heavy,I tap the brush so its not so heavy and I use it every other night...we will see if they come back Crying or Very sad
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Eeeesh! I'm sorry to hear this for you. They will be back of course, but meanwhile you have to wait - and that must be hard when you've already peaked.

I'm only eleven days in to my Lumigan bottle, so nowhere near your level - but I do thank you for posting this, because it acts as a reminder and warning to me to watch out for any signs of major fallout along the way.

You still have lashes, right? But the longest have fallen out, leaving a more average overall length - is that what you're saying?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
my lashes are fine and with mascara they look good but I have lost some of the very long ones,my lashes were never short to start with but they have almost gone back to the pre-lumigan phase. I am convinced that most people will have to go thru this phase: superlong long lashes...then lashes going back to normal....then lashes coming back...it really stinks because when you have had fantastically long lashes its depressing to lose them. Crying or Very sad
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc, that's a good idea. I still have my Revitalash, so I think I will use the brush from that with the Latisse. Did you find the bottle lasted more than one month with this type of application?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Aimee3 wrote:
Lucyluc, I remember you from the Jan Marini and Revitalash threads back in the days when those products had the actual "growth" factor in them.
I am sorry this fallout happened to you. If you got the prescription from your doctor, maybe ask him/her or even call the company and ask them?
I just got the rx for Latisse, and I have to say that it's ridiculously expensive. I paid $129.00 at the local drugstore for this, and it is only for ONE month's supply! Jan Marini and Revitalash were much easier to apply. Latisse comes in a minute plastic dropper bottle along with 60 individually wrapped brush applicators. You put one drop of liquid onto the brush applicator per eye. Well, with JM and RL, I felt the product go on, but with these big brushed applicators, I don't feel anything wet on my eyelids. I think the stupid applicator drinks up the product so that none goes on my lash line. Does Lumigan come with the applicators and do you feel the product going on?
Thanks so much in advance.

Aimee,
I found on a different forum the suggestion to buy a very fine eyeliner brush and use it instead of the brushes Latisse comes with. I already had a Paula Dorf eyeliner brush ,and it works perfectly. I really don't like the brushes Latisse comes with. Anyways, I still have solution left and it's been 31 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I went to Michael's craft store and bought a pack of 4 of the skinniest paint brushes and use that for the lumigan is was under $5 for 4.One bottle of allergan lumigan lasted me over 4 months,you dont need a lot.,in fact putting too much on may irritate your eyes.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I went to Michael's craft store and bought a pack of 4 of the skinniest paint brushes and use that for the lumigan is was under $5 for 4.One bottle of allergan lumigan lasted me over 4 months,you dont need a lot.,in fact putting too much on may irritate your eyes.

Lucyluc,
What a great idea! I wish I'd thought of that. Coleen

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Those are great ideas. I found a Paula Dorf eyeliner brush in my makeup drawer that I haven't used in ages. I know just what to do with it now. This way I don't need to toss or mix the Revitalash one. I'm thrilled to hear that your bottle lasted 4 months which makes the price a lot less per use.
How much is in the Lumigan bottle? There is 3 ml in the Latisse bottle. The Revitalash had 4 mls.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I actually had a Smashbox #12 dual sided brush laying around...one side is flat and broad and the other is super thin for eyeliner....thin side works great for my Lumigan. I just wash after every application.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I went to All Day Chemist got our bottles then went to DIY and got empty eyelash containers and did the whole thing myself and saved a bundle. My eyebrows needed to grow in as well so I am working on both. Same Lumigan as in the US!!!

US prices are so marked up..........such a rip off.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucyluc

I also lost my lashes a few months after using lumigan, in fact i have been using lash growth products for nearly a year now and unfortunately for two weeks every three months my lashes shed.
I know its distressing at first, but for those two weeks use vitamin e oil and they will return to their long length in no time.

My lashes are super long again, i am using a mixture of ardell and lumigan and lilash which i apply twice a week.

Lumigan is very very drying, so possibly mix it wil castor oil before applying, or ardell so it doesnt strip your lashes.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I looked in my magnifying mirror today I think they are on the comeback trail. I can see lots of new, tiny lashes coming in.In a month they should be back.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I looked in my magnifying mirror today I think they are on the comeback trail. I can see lots of new, tiny lashes coming in.In a month they should be back.

whew! that's reassuring! I just got my 4 bottles of lumigan from ADC (2 for me and 2 as gifts for my sisters)....so I am getting scared to use them after reading this thread.
Congratulations on your new tiny lashes...I am sending them my happy thoughts and doing my happy dance Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Angelboots wrote:
My lashes are super long again, i am using a mixture of ardell and lumigan and lilash which i apply twice a week. .

Hi Angelboots. Tell me about this Lumigan/Ardell/Lilash concoction!!

Do you mix it all up at once or just as you are using it, or what do you do?

How long have you been using this?

Does it solve the shedding every 3 month problem for you?

Where is the cheapest Lilash to be found?

Do tell!!!!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |