Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
::Review:: NEW 2009 Product for Lash Growth-RapidLash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
susiek
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
oh man,

started using the Rapid Lash about 4 days ago and it feels like a stye is developing on one eye lid. Going to keep going though Sad

I think this happened a bit with Ardell's too. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh man for me, too. After the first night and the next morning when I used RapidLash, my eyelids both top and bottom were red. My eyeballs were red, too. I'm not sure if I am allergic to something in it, but I stopped using it for 2 nights now. My lids have turned back to normal color, and my eyeballs aren't red any more. I'm going to try it one more time tonight to see if my eyes get red again, or maybe tomorrow night. I am going to meet someone tomorrow and don't want to scare her if my eyes turned red again. Sad
susiek
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
OH NO!!! My eyes are doing the exact same thing. In fact i'm going with out make up for a couple days.

However..... I have Chronic Fatigue syndrome and i notice whenever i am having a flare (like i'm having now) my eyes get infected. But i do think the Rapid Lash isn't helping and is adding a bit to the irritation. I SO want this to work, i haven't been this psyched about something in a long time Sad Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
In a very weird way, I feel comforted that I'm not the only one reacting to this thing. I wonder what my eyes didn't like about it. It doesn't have the glaucoma medication in it.
susiek
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
i don't know but it is depressing because that was a lot of $ for me to fork out and the hopes of long lashes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
susiek wrote:
i don't know but it is depressing because that was a lot of $ for me to fork out and the hopes of long lashes

Did you buy it from costco.com? If so, you can return it to any costco warehouse with your email receipt.
susiek
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
nope. i bought it off ebay. expensive lesson learned Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry you ladies have experienced irritation. I have applied it twice now and have had no problems whatsoever. I keep checking for redness or blotchiness but all appears normal so I'll keep on and anxiously await results!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Sorry you ladies have experienced irritation. I have applied it twice now and have had no problems whatsoever. I keep checking for redness or blotchiness but all appears normal so I'll keep on and anxiously await results!

I'm still hoping that it's something else that might have irritated my eyes and eyelids. I tried RapidLash only twice (once at night and once the next morning). I've stopped using it since. I will try again tomorrow night. My eyelids have returned to their normal color, and my eyeballs aren't red any more. I will not use any other products on my eyelids and will only use RapidLash tomorrow night. I will also go to bed early so I can rule out tired eyes. If the red eyelids and eyeballs return after tomorrow night, the RapidLash will go back to costco.

Sorry SusieK that you can't return it. Sad
susiek
5% products discount

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
yea lesson learned Sad wish i would have bought it from some place that takes returns.

I'm going to try again tonight and hope it was something else. haven't used it for 3 days. All i know is that the whites of my eyes were reddened beyond anything i've ever experienced and it took 2 full days to resolve.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
susiek wrote:
yea lesson learned Sad wish i would have bought it from some place that takes returns.

I'm going to try again tonight and hope it was something else. haven't used it for 3 days. All i know is that the whites of my eyes were reddened beyond anything i've ever experienced and it took 2 full days to resolve.

Wishing you the best of luck. Hope you won't get more irritation. I will try again tonight and will let you know what happens tomorrow.
susiek
5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
i applied it last night. No irritation today but it might be cummulative. Seems to me it appeared on the 2nd day. I took a wet Q tip after it dried and went around the inside rim of my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
That's good. Glad to hear you're ok today.

I don't see any redness today either. Last night I applied very thinly and did not touch the corners of my eyes. I made sure there was not much excess on the brush before applying. I did not do it on my lower lash lines. I also did not apply any eye cream to my upper lids to make sure I did not make any of the RL enter my eyes.

I am hoping this will continue because I'd really like to see if the stuff works for me or not.

It must be pretty potent though since it did irritate that first time I used it both night and morning. Lesson learned. Once at night is quite enough, and not to apply too much. Hopefully this is all a user error. Very Happy
susiek
5% products discount

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
2nd night of re-use and no real irritation either. And i also didn't apply anything on top if it and after it dried, took a damp qtip and went around the inner rim of my eye. Here's to hoping!

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have realy bad eczeyma due to this I would loose my brows in spots and sometimes a patch of lashes, so I started looking for somthing that would grow it back, read the last entry, well so far I can say that nothing that I used worked as well as this product did, I have been useing Librow for about 3 months, not only did it bring my brows back, but they are fuller, darker than they have ever been, I'm talking childhood up to adult I have only been using rapidlash for a few weeks and realy it's too soon to judge, but I can say that I have gotten a stye on my right eye, had it for two days, it went away on it's own but hurt like a B****! Sad I used Librow, not Lilash, But Librow on my lashes too, and NEVER had a problem?. Smile
susiek
5% products discount

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
So you are saying LIBROW is what worked for you? I've never heard of it.

Yea i thought the first 2-3 days of Rapid Lash caused a couple styes. I don't know about this stuff but will keep trying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Susiek, you already used this two nights in a row? It's only one night for me. This morning when I posted, my eyelids were normal color, and my eyeballs were white. I got a good night sleep last night which I think helped with the eyeballs not turning red and getting irritated easily. This evening on my drive home from work, I saw in my car mirror that my eyelids were a little bit darker than normal, like I had a pinkish eyeshadow or something. It doesn't look too bad. My eyeballs were still normal color. I'm keeping a close eye on the color of my lids. If it doesn't get bright red, I'm fine with it. What this means though is I can't use it on my lower lashes. The first time I tried this I applied on lower lashes, and my entire lids were bright red.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I am so sorry that some are having reactions to this. Never heard this before. AS you can see the reviews are 98% positive.

If the Librow works you can start another thread on that.
princess33

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
All that I was saying is that I currantly am doing the Rapidlash and the second week it caused a stye in my eye, I have used Librow and NEVER had that problem Wink
susiek
5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
wenrow i'm real sorry too Sad i can't tell you how much i wanted this to work.

My eyes are in bad shape today. I still can't completely chalk it up to Rapid Lash but....

Do you have any other lash product recommendations that you saw really worked? I want to stay away from Latisse, etc. as i have green eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I do not. I only used Jan Marini and this.

I have a theory: IF it is just an allergic reaction I wonder if taking Benadryl a hour or so before applying it would help. ANY allergic reaction Benadryl works to stop. Yes it makes you sleepy but you are supposed to apply the RL at night anyway. By morning both may have worked through the system.
princess33

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Why would you drug someone in order to get long lashes or brows OMG, there are a long list of products that have great reviews Shock Lilash, Renewlash, to name a few, and guess what you don't have to drug yourself in order to not get a stye! Wink This person has to be a sales rep for Rapidlash or something?!
susiek
5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
that's being unfair. She's not a rep but she's trying to help me determine if it is an allergic reaction or not.

I do take an antihistamine for allergies at night (it's not benadryl, it's loratadine or something along those lines)

Well if it doesn't work i'll have to try to determine another one, just not looking forward to hours of forum search for differing opinions! Laughing

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
If you read on the instructions of Rapidlash, it says if you have a reaction to this product to discontinue use, it doesn't say to take benadryl orn any other allergy medication, you have one set of eyes, and in my opinion if my eyes were reacting in the way yours are I would not only stop use, but go to the doctor and make sure they were ok, I'm not tring to be unfair just concerned?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
It also says don't put it in your eyes. I have never felt it go anywhere near inside my eyes.

I think there were a couple of people who used Lumigan (on that thread) had stye problems but it went away. It is up to you guys on what you want to do.
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 02, 2024 11:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |