Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

any good "long lasting" lipsticks??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Since all the lip plumping products mentioned so far seem to be less than effective, I'm wondering...has anyone found a long lasting lipstick that actually stays on and isn't terribly dry? Like the rest of my skin, my lips are quite dry and it slways seems that the lipsticks that feel the best never last very long. Anyone out there found a good one?? I've been using Bobbi Brown liner and lipstick and love them but they don't last. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nanapost Smile

I love Bare Escentuals Lip Gloss. It has shea butter and jojoba oil in it. I find it hydrates my lips nicely. For the most part I only wear the gloss in Nude. I find that as I get older less it better on my lips and face. When I want more color I like Bare Escentuals Lip Palette. In the palette you get five different colors you can mix if you want. When I wear color I top it with the lip gloss.

The color seems to last for a long time.

If you really want your color to last look at Lip Ink. I do wear Lip Ink in Nude with their moisturiser over it. Where you have dry lips I would not recommend it for you.

You can view BE products on EDS.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:51 am      Reply with quote
I use Max Factor Lipfinity...it stays for life!!

I have to get it off with Vaseline!..I wont use anything else...

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm with Gucci on Lipfinity - it lasts *ages* but it did dry my lips out a bit. I think if you're really religious about applying lip balm or vaseline over it then you should be fine. I use baby oil to remove this otherwise it's there to stay! Laughing

Also, Guerlain lipsticks do last a very long time as well.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried most of them and haven't found a one that I like. I have dry lips to begin with so they make my lips cakey looking and as soon as i put the balm on it (even coloured) it's gone within half an hour.

I've considered the tattooing on the lips but am scared...even with a very natural colour. A friend had it done and it looks great.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:

I've tried most of them and haven't found a one that I like. I have dry lips to begin with so they make my lips cakey looking and as soon as i put the balm on it (even coloured) it's gone within half an hour.

I've considered the tattooing on the lips but am scared...even with a very natural colour. A friend had it done and it looks great.

Lianne, same problem here , and same fear. But I'd love to hear more about your friend's lips. Did they change the shape at all or just make them a little larger? Do they look natural? What about the color, is it natural? That's what I would want...something to go with my lips now when I have no lipstick on. Please tell us more. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've heard good good things about Cover Girls 2 Step Lip color. MAC has also just released one as well that looks good. You apply color, the use a clear top coat.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've been searching for a long lasting lipstick too. The ones I've tried just dry my lips out and cause more problems because I have eczema between my upper lip and nose area. I know that sounds very ugly, but I have been keeping it under control thanks to every steroid that can be prescribed and Dermalogica Multivitamin Power-Firm for eyes & Lips.

My best luck has been with filling my lips in with my lip liner pencil. Seems to stay on better than anything so far and doesn't dry them out near as much.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
This is a bit off-topic, but on the tatooing, I had my brows done and lash enhancement. Have not had the lips done. I put it off for years because of the fear of infection.

Would give anything if I'd had it done years ago. I love it.

I do think perhaps that the lips are a bit more sensitive than the brow area, but it just feels like a "tapping". Had no problems with mine healing quickly and no pain to mention.

I've talked to people who had their lips done and they have been very happy.

Main things I'd be careful about is the background of the person you have to do it. Just check them out carefully and be sure they have sufficient experience. I'd also ask for references from previous customers and talk to them.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...So the friend that had the lip tattooing.

It does look very natural. She did not get a liner, just all-over colour. She's in her 50s and it looks good on her. She choose a very natural peachy colour that works well with her skintone. I think if you pick a bright or dark colour it would look funny. She just puts gloss on and that's it.

She got her eyebrows done, then lips and then eyeliner.

As long as you pick a classic colour I think you're fine...and if you want something bright it can always go on top...
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:01 am      Reply with quote
lipfinity! Love it! BUT... your lips must be smooth, so no dry cracked bits, and you must apply to clean lips with no moisturiser or foundation on. To stop it being dry you need to apply the top coat. This is the biggest bug bear for me as ther isn't enough and it is overpriced to buy separately. If you can find an oilfree balm it's fine though (jucy tubes are ok) but most lip balms dissolve the lipfinity

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:14 am      Reply with quote
My best friend had her lip colour tatooed on....

First they got infected and very very sore, then she ended up with cold sores all around her lips. She had never had a cold sore in her life but now suffers with them...

Her lips to me always looked sore, not coloured. She did have it done again 9 months later to make the colour more noticeable, but again the same thing happened.

After seeing her lips, I'd never have it done..

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:

First they got infected and very very sore, then she ended up with cold sores all around her lips. She had never had a cold sore in her life but now suffers with them...

Yuck, that sounds absolutely awful. Had she checked out the rep of the person who did hers? And does she have generally sensitive skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
The newish long lasting range from Avon is not bad, not overly drying as some of them can be.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
Gucci wrote:

Yuck, that sounds absolutely awful. Had she checked out the rep of the person who did hers? And does she have generally sensitive skin?

She's a nail technician and a few of her clients had been to this lady and been ok, they had recommended her.

Her skin isnt sensitive at all, put me off doing anything like that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I think if the person doesn't specialize in permanent makeup, I wouldn't go to her. The person I'm considering only does the makeup, has been doing it for many years. I'm still not convinced I'm doing it, still looking for the product that works, albeit temporarily, but isn't permanent. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I agree that Max Factor Lip Infinity is really long lasting too, as long as you put the shinny balm on it once in a while to moisturize your lips
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
For me, Lancome Juicy Rouge is the way to go. It's so moisturizing, it's hard to believe that it's long-wearing, but it really does last for HOURS. I love the color "caramel"--- it's a perfect nude color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I use MAC lipsticks. there are soo many colors to choose from. Also the best lip glosses ever are those from Make-up forever. They last a LONG time and makes your lips feel hydrated and pouty.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
What a great thread, I am going to look for a lipfinity now Laughing
I have always liked Clinique lipsticks for lasting and moisturising properties.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |