Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:
carforum wrote:
I am sorry , Can I ask where can I buy the dremaroller? I only can find Leaf & Rusher TxRoller Leaf & Rusher TxRoller in EDS, does this Leaf & Rusher TxRoller works???

On this thread are some places you can buy a derma roller: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

I have previously bought mine from Nova Clinic: http://www.dermarollers.com/

I bought another 2 from Dr.Roller.eu: http://www.dr-roller.eu/ Their service was brilliant, and they are the cheapest I have found. Delivery was free too, and arrived in about a week.

If I order anymore I will certainly order from them again.

The above websites sell Dr.Roller rollers, these are the ones I would recommend you buy.

Here is another website where you can buy a roller from (I am not sure where you are from...): http://www.derma-rollers.com/
I would advise not to take notice of their usage instructions, I am sorry but they are incorrect (has been discussed before), no one should roll daily.

Maybe other people will be able to recommend more websites.

Thx for help Kay2008...

I have read through this post, and see that most of you are using Dr. Roller, So I decide I will buy this Brand too! But because I am a first time user, do you think is it good if I buy 1mm? Or should I buy 0.5mm? I have SM all over my butt, and my thigh.

Second is, because I have problem in english (not my mother language), I can't understand the post of DIY ViT C, Is that I can buy Vit C powder from here, http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Vitamin-C-L-ascorbic-acid--p188.html
and then add this powder into water to make a vit C spray??? Or Did I need to add anything else like some oil?

Thank you very much for you help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:

I was reading that it start to produce collagen from 21 days and you see full results at 6 months so i feel abit better lol

I read it takes around 90 days for the new collagen to start replacing the old collagen, and results would come gradually and be seen for up to a year since your last roll.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

One more thing, I read this post again and again, I see most of you are using 0.05 Retin A Cream. I just wonder why not apply gel type? Can I use 0.1 Retin A Gel after rolling?

Because what I think is gel form are more easy penetrate into skin. Is that correct?

Again, thx for everyone information and help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
Kay2008 wrote:
carforum wrote:
I am sorry , Can I ask where can I buy the dremaroller? I only can find Leaf & Rusher TxRoller Leaf & Rusher TxRoller in EDS, does this Leaf & Rusher TxRoller works???

On this thread are some places you can buy a derma roller: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29392

I have previously bought mine from Nova Clinic: http://www.dermarollers.com/

I bought another 2 from Dr.Roller.eu: http://www.dr-roller.eu/ Their service was brilliant, and they are the cheapest I have found. Delivery was free too, and arrived in about a week.

If I order anymore I will certainly order from them again.

The above websites sell Dr.Roller rollers, these are the ones I would recommend you buy.

Here is another website where you can buy a roller from (I am not sure where you are from...): http://www.derma-rollers.com/
I would advise not to take notice of their usage instructions, I am sorry but they are incorrect (has been discussed before), no one should roll daily.

Maybe other people will be able to recommend more websites.

Thx for help Kay2008...

I have read through this post, and see that most of you are using Dr. Roller, So I decide I will buy this Brand too! But because I am a first time user, do you think is it good if I buy 1mm? Or should I buy 0.5mm? I have SM all over my butt, and my thigh.

Hi, no problem.

I would go for a 1.5mm roller, most people rolling for stretch marks use that size. It's more likely to reach the dermis (where stretch marks form).

carforum wrote:
Second is, because I have problem in english (not my mother language), I can't understand the post of DIY ViT C, Is that I can buy Vit C powder from here, http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Vitamin-C-L-ascorbic-acid--p188.html
and then add this powder into water to make a vit C spray??? Or Did I need to add anything else like some oil?

Thank you very much for you help!

Hi yes that is right. To make the DIY Vit C SPRAY (not serum) you add L-ascorbic acid to water.

carforum wrote:
Hi,

One more thing, I read this post again and again, I see most of you are using 0.05 Retin A Cream. I just wonder why not apply gel type? Can I use 0.1 Retin A Gel after rolling?

Because what I think is gel form are more easy penetrate into skin. Is that correct?

Again, thx for everyone information and help!

I think people might be choosing the cream over the gel because gel might give off a burning sensation and feel umcomfortable after applying it. It might dry out the skin, but I am not sure.

P Girl mentioned that to me once (I think it was P Girl anyway) so I decided to go for the cream instead.
Nenka
5% products discount

Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've received my roller to days ago and I just try it on couple of places to see if it hurts...
Well on my inner thigh I didn't feel a thing so I rolled and rolled for about 15 min,I pressed pretty hard ( I'm training handball),there was not much blood but there was many blood spots...
So I rolled my outer thigh,the same thing - hard press and rolling for about 15 min
And the last part was my hip - it was uncomfortable so I use ice,than it was ok
I had 3 purple spots were I rolled,and now they becoming red.
I think I did a good job here,but I will roll all parts accept these in 20 days (I can't now)
and on my second roll I will include those 3.
I plan to roll every 5-6 weeks...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
don't forget to disinfect your icepack. I have been always thoroughly disinfecting my skin, my hands, my dermaroller and later I realized that I am completely neglecting to disinfect my icepack. I didn't even wash it when I took it out of my fridge..
Nenka
5% products discount

Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've don that.My neighbor is dermatologist so she gave me some disinfective spray that she is using in her dispensary,so I spray all over it before and after...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I am going to do another roll on my back today. I am more then ever convinced that bleeding skin produces pigmented quicker. I would rather have the pigment in my skin faster than collagen filling it up Results on my back are much slowly cause the skin is so much thicker
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
I am going to do another roll on my back today. I am more then ever convinced that bleeding skin produces pigmented quicker. I would rather have the pigment in my skin faster than collagen filling it up Results on my back are much slowly cause the skin is so much thicker

Hi superdogg,

Are you going to be using EMLA? if so, where do your purchase yours from? When I bought mine it was such a SMALL tube it wouldn't cover much and I find it can work out a little expensive.

I am thinking about rolling my arms soon (not only for stretch marks but for elasticity too due to weight loss/gain) but I will probably use an ice pack, I know the underarm/inner arm area is going to be the most painful.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kay i got my through prescription through the doctor. So it's a 30 gram tube ...but you can buy a 5 gm or 30gm tube.

I did an amazing roll on my back today, it was a pool of blood. Can wait to see what effect that will have. Though i feel like nothing is happening to them. Tho they are very thick and bad Sad

And kay you dont need to apply much all you have to do is like apply over a large area but enough for it to have a light film on the skin it does't have to be thick. The trick is to wash the skin clean and make sure you cling film to the point no moisture can escape. then leave it for 1 hour or two hours depending on where on the body.
Nenka
5% products discount

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ok!! How do you bleed that much?????
I've rolled pretty hard for 15 min,I've got that pop sound, and there was little blood,almost nothing? My skin was even purple for 2 days and still is red... Now it start itching,worse than when I had chickenpox...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
other members barely bleed. I prefer to roll till i bleed. If you skin is itching it is a sign that it is healing.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Kay i got my through prescription through the doctor. So it's a 30 gram tube ...but you can buy a 5 gm or 30gm tube.

And kay you dont need to apply much all you have to do is like apply over a large area but enough for it to have a light film on the skin it does't have to be thick. The trick is to wash the skin clean and make sure you cling film to the point no moisture can escape. then leave it for 1 hour or two hours depending on where on the body.

Thank you superdogg!

Another quick question, once the area is numb from the EMLA do you wash the cream off before rolling?
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
the doctors who perform dermarolling are always washing off EMLA before rolling. Nevertheless, sometimes they use liquid lidocain while rolling.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I've just bought a 1.5mm dermaroller for post pregnancy SM's and having read alot of information, I thought I would bring this to your attention as I keep seeing the use of ascorbic acid being mentioned in this thread.
It was written by Dr. Desmond Fernandes.

Noxious chemicals, however, may still penetrate the skin, so only safe molecules should be used topically (Fig. 11).
After this serous leak has stopped, the skin is washed thoroughly and then covered with vitamin A, C, and E oil or cream (do not use ascorbic acid).

For the full article (which is very informative) here's the link:

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

HTH Very Happy
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
My dermatologist told me not to use vit C or retinoic acid (Retin A)creams on open skin because they are both acids. She said I should wait at least 2 days after rolling.
But retinol acetate creams can be used immediately because this form of vit A is slowly transformed by our body to retinoic acid.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Well Martal, I never wash off the Emla and the instruction leaflet it comes doesn't say anything about washing it off. One reason doctor clean it off is because they use a very thick layer of EMLA on the skin. We are using thin layers of EMLA because it is expensive.

Kay if you are going to use a thin layer on your skin don't wash it off because Like i say Emla wears off quickly. Aslong you have cleaned your skin before hand you will be fine.

But as a said use a thin layer that just films the skin...but under a Saran wrap or Cling film that is seals off so no moisture can escape while it under wraps for an hour of two hours.

EMLA is safe to use. T he highest dosage you can us it at home is 30 to 40 gram in one single session. It's half life is around 2 hours which means it will be no longer in you blood after that session

But as I said before if you take any heart medication or have Methemoglobinemia don't use it. O r just see if it has any contradictions

Here is a Dosage of Emla doesn't include adults

Age and Body Weight
Requirements Maximum
Total Dose of Emla Cream

Maximum Application Area**

Maximum Application Time

0 up to 3 months or < 5 kg 1 g 10 cm2 1 hour

3 up to 12 months and > 5 kg 2 g 20 cm2 4 hours

1 to 6 years and > 10 kg 10 g 100 cm2 4 hours

7 to 12 years and > 20 kg 20 g 200 cm2 4 hours

Adults dose As i said, is between 30 and 40 gm. So don't listen to scare stories. But aslways look for signs that you might be allergic to it, and call a doctor straight away
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
EMLA FAQ

Why should emla® not be used on open wounds?

emla® should not be applied to open wounds other than leg ulcers, due to insufficient data on absorption from these sites.

INSTRUCTIONS
6. Immediately before the procedure, the occlusive dressing will be removed, the emla cream wiped off and the area cleaned with alcohol. Duration of effective skin anaesthesia will be at least 2 hours after removal of the occlusive dressing.

----------------------
I am not using the EMLA so you have more experience with it but I would be very concerned to advice people to basically roll the EMLA into their blood stream because some people might have and extreme reaction(it happens rarely but it happened in the past), especially if they put EMLA all over their abdomen for example.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
--Adults dose As i said, is between 30 and 40 gm

yes but dont forget that this dose is made to be used on an INTACT skin .

dermarolling GREATLY increases the skin absorption + it will push lidocain from EMLA into your blood stream
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
martel, this a thin layer of EMLA and it people are worried just wipe it off with a baby wipe.

But as I said doctors use thick layers of emla cause they don't have to worry about cost. People on here are using 5 mg of EMLA. Even some times 2.5gm of emla for one session. So it a very thin layer that even if it get in someones skin during rolling it will have no effect and it will be only a small proportion if that happens.

Over Dosage
Quote:

OVERDOSAGE
Peak blood levels following a 60 g application to 400 cm2 of
intact skin for 3 hours are 0.05 to 0.16 μg/mL for lidocaine
and 0.02 to 0.10 μg/mL for prilocaine. Toxic levels of
lidocaine (>5 μg/mL) and/or prilocaine (>6 μg/mL) cause
decreases in cardiac output, total peripheral resistance and
mean arterial pressure. These changes may be attributable to
direct depressant effects of these local anesthetic agents on the
cardiovascular system. In the absence of massive topical
overdose or oral ingestion, evaluation should include
evaluation of other etiologies for the clinical effects or
overdosage from other sources of lidocaine, prilocaine or
other local anesthetics. Consult the package inserts for
parenteral Xylocaine (lidocaine HCl) or Citanest (prilocaine
HCl) for further information for the management of overdose

The overdose dosage for emla is 60 gm. So i doubt someone will die from a little bit going into the skin from a 2.5 or 5 gm dosage. if people are concern wipe the skin quickly with a wipe.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
KAY this is to show you you can Use 2 grams over a large area and a tube can last you two sessions

Quote:

Adult Patients – Intact Skin
A thick layer of EMLA Cream is applied to intact skin and
covered with an occlusive dressing.
Minor Dermal Procedures: For minor procedures such as
intravenous cannulation and venipuncture, apply 2.5 grams of
EMLA Cream (1/2 the 5 g tube) over 20 to 25 cm2 of skin
surface for at least 1 hour. In controlled clinical trials using
EMLA Cream, two sites were usually prepared in case there
was a technical problem with cannulation or venipuncture at
the first site.
Major Dermal Procedures: For more painful
dermatological procedures involving a larger skin area such as
split thickness skin graft harvesting, apply 2 grams of EMLA
Cream per 10 cm2 of skin and allow to remain in contact with
the skin for at least 2 hours.

AND REMEMBER IF YOU DON'T WRAP IT UP TIGHT AND IT DRIES UP, IT WON'T WORK!!!
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 am      Reply with quote
--So i doubt someone will die from a little bit going into the skin from a 2.5 or 5 gm

I also doubt that but its quite irrelevant what you or I think because what about if we are mistaken?

the problem with all your data is that these levels were measured when Emla was applied on an INTACT skin. Skin is an extremely good barrier and almost nothing gets throught it. Very little is absorbed throught an intact skin.

But when you ROLL lidocain/prilocain into your skin the levels are incomparably higher so I just want people to be aware of it. There is no data available about how much lidocain is absorbed when the skin is not intact or when it is rolled in.

if you put 2.5g on 5cm square of intact skin or if you put 2.5g all over your abdomen and roll it in, it is not the same- concerning your blood levels! that's all.

Half time means that the levels will be decrease by half. Lidocain/prilocain blood levels will be decreased by half in about 1.5- 2 hours.

Btw they say "Dose-response studies show that the minimum effective dose is 1g per 10 cm2"
do you think from your experience that it is true?

(sorry about my English , I am not a native speaker)
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well let's agree to disagree didn't come here to argue came to sort out my stretch marks
Nenka
5% products discount

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
ok!
I have a question.
My skin came to normal color it is not red anymore, but my SM's are.They are soooooooo red..and the skin on them starts to peel of,and is very dry... Is that normal?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is normal... my skin peeled on my face when i did a intensive roll. Just make sure you apply your vitamin a / c cream cause your skin needs optimum healing.

And my skin is itching too where I rolled, just a sign on the skin repairing... It is still very red. I hope it some of it is pigment.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |