Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
marta1, what type of success have you had with Sarah's single needle. I have not used mine yet.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
marta1 wrote:
Kay I am also sorry because I did not make it clear in my posting that it was not you who said it. I apologize for that.

No problem marta1 x

I understand how posts can sometimes be taken the wrong way... and it's hard to always remember to type everything out and be very specific when you're trying to type out a post.

The pictures on that website do look great (for the one needle), and along with the post someone else made on another site, telling how they have seen some improvement I am now keen to try one myself.

Even though it's not expensive as such, I cannot spare the money right now... but when I can I'm willing to give the single needle a try.
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429- my stretch marks are MUCH less visible.

And I read on their website that using a single needle repeatedly might trigger melanocyte production which means these stretch marks will tan or partially tan.She wrote me in her email that not everybody´s stretch marks started to tan after using a single needle though.
I haven't tried to tan them yet.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how to insert a photo into this post??
Thanks much
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Guys can I just say that Bethany ended up changing her rolling products after she did some more research and began using the 302 a and c after rolling. Apparently the retin a and LAA are too strong and you should use non acid products for the next 3 or 4 days after a roll. And she is applying the 302 a and c 4 times a day for that period, then after that goes back to regular retin a and LAA. This is the protocol I now follow also.
Just FYI.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Guys can I just say that Bethany ended up changing her rolling products after she did some more research and began using the 302 a and c after rolling. Apparently the retin a and LAA are too strong and you should use non acid products for the next 3 or 4 days after a roll. And she is applying the 302 a and c 4 times a day for that period, then after that goes back to regular retin a and LAA. This is the protocol I now follow also.
Just FYI.

Thanks Mishey
I will follow this, however I dont have any of the 302 products. Do you use 302 or other products?
Thanks
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Pal I got my 302 from Nancy at NCN Proskincare. You won't find the 302 line on her website, you need to email her and tell her what you're planning to do.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I am planning to order some emla or tridocaine gel. To those of you who have used either, how much do you use for an area like the stomach, leg, etc. I am trying to figure out how much to order since it's expensive. They sell the emla in tubes of 5g and the tridocaine in tubes of 15g. Can someone give me an idea of how much it takes to treat an area? Thanks! Smile
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to insert a photo into this post??
Thanks much

You'll need to upload your photo/s to a hosting site, like photobucket, first. There are others but I haven't used them myself.

http://photobucket.com/ create an account if you haven't already, and upload your photo. Underneath each photo you upload there should be some links, copy the direct link to the photo and then wrap it with the Img tags (highlight the text with your mouse, then click the Img button at the top of the reply box - similar to when you insert a web link).

Basically the 'code' should look something like this [ img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/blah/blah/test.jpg[ /img] (but without the spaces in [ img] and [ /img]).

I hope that makes sense.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Pal I got my 302 from Nancy at NCN Proskincare. You won't find the 302 line on her website, you need to email her and tell her what you're planning to do.

Thanks Mishey I was looking into getting some of these products a while ago but it was a bit of a hassle. Purchasing from NCN will be so much easier.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know with oils and retin A which should be applied first. I have just purchased Decleor and Belli firming oils and want to confirm the best way of applying them. Im thinking the oil first and then Retin A after it soaks in a bit.
Thanks
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008
I am too new to post I found out. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Does anyone know how long you have to be a member before you can post a photo?
sarah_buzz13

Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
This may be a really silly question...

But how do you make the Vitamin C spray? Can you buy the products online? If so where from?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
sarah_buzz13 wrote:
This may be a really silly question...

But how do you make the Vitamin C spray? Can you buy the products online? If so where from?

Here is the receipe I will be using

Vitamin C spritzer
Put 1 tsp of LAA into 2 oz (yields about 8%) of distilled water in a spritz bottle, add a few drops of witch hazel and shake till dissolved... Keep refrigerated, and make a new one once a week.

A little goes a long way so use sparingly. When fully absorbed, apply your moisturizer or sunscreen.

You can add more LAA if you want it stronger, I find the above sufficient without drying me out.

I bought the LAA and witch hazel fromwww.bulkactives.com
Distiled water from laundry isle woolworths, actually its not distiled I could only get ionised I think its called
HTHS
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Bev7429 wrote:
Kay2008
I am too new to post I found out. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Does anyone know how long you have to be a member before you can post a photo?

Hi Bev, silly me I totally forgot about that rule.

You are right you cannot post photos yet. I believe once you have made 25 posts you can then post pictures. (I am not 100% sure whether it's 25 posts or less/more)... but from what I can remember it goes by your post count.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Kay2008 Thank you much, I will continue to post & then try again.
Bev7429
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used a good homemade oil based vitamin C serum for day of roll?
sarah_buzz13

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused. I received my derma roller today from Dr.roller and it says in the instructions

[quote]There are two methods of use for the Scientia Derma roller. One version involves the use of Topicaine Gel to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the Scientia Derma Roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week.

?? I thought you should only do it once a month at the most?

I also bought the Vitamin C & E cream with the roller. It says to apply it 3 times a day. Should i put this on straight after rolling? Should i only use it in the morning, and then apply the Retin A cream of a night?

I have decided to do the left side of my body because that is the worse side. I will be able to compare sides to see if the treatment is working. If it is i will start on the right hand side.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
sarah_buzz13 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused. I received my derma roller today from Dr.roller and it says in the instructions

Quote:
There are two methods of use for the Scientia Derma roller. One version involves the use of Topicaine Gel to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the Scientia Derma Roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week.

I also bought the Vitamin C & E cream with the roller. It says to apply it 3 times a day. Should i put this on straight after rolling? Should i only use it in the morning, and then apply the Retin A cream of a night?

I have decided to do the left side of my body because that is the worse side. I will be able to compare sides to see if the treatment is working. If it is i will start on the right hand side.

Hi Sarah,

I keep bringing this link in as I think everyone who dermarolls should read it first. It's by the Doctor who 'invented' dermarolling as we know it now.
www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/Clinics_of_N_Am_2005.pdf

Highlights include:

How often:
"The treatment can be repeated a month later, but the best interval between treatments is presently unknown."

Vit C:
"The skin is routinely prepared by using topical vitamin A and C and antioxidants for at least 3 weeks, but preferably for 3 months if the skin is very sun damaged."
"After this serous leak has stopped, the skin is washed thoroughly and then covered with vitamin A, C, and E oil or cream (do not use ascorbic acid)."

Vit A:
"After the skin has been needled, it becomes easier to penetrate, and much higher doses of vitamin A become available in the depth of the skin. Higher doses of vitamin A may cause a retinoid reaction even though the milder forms of vitamin A (eg, retinyl palmitate) are being used. This reaction will aggravate the pink flush of the skin and also cause dry, flaky skin. Needling may cause some slight roughness of the skin surface for a few days, and this
condition is definitely worse when topical vitamin A is used. The clinician should ignore this and urge the patient to continue using the topical vitamin A."

Of course, the advice above is for deep dermarolling - which you may not do. I, myself have done one 'light' roll (without numbing cream) with a 1.5mm and got a good reaction (3-4 days of 'sunburn' then masses of peeling a week later). I did it about a month ago and am planning on doing the next one in a couple of days. I've also only done one side (my worst side is also my left!). Also on the subject of applying Vit A, C & E after, I did read somewhere on a different thread that vit A & C are too unstable and oxidise without the stable vit E. The result of this thread was you should always use all 3 together. (Will hunt down thread if you're very intrigued.)

I am however concerned about the advice that came with your roller, doing a light roll 5 times a week or aggressive roll once a week would leave you with permanent inflammation, which eventually would ruin your skin.

Anyhow, please take a read of the article, it addresses just about every aspect, including stretchmarks and loose skin. Smile Smile
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
There are two methods of use for the Scientia Derma roller. One version involves the use of Topicaine Gel to numb the area, followed by more aggressive use of the Scientia Derma Roller once per week. The second alternative, involves using the device with slight pressure up to 5 times per week.

Idea Just had a thought (whilst just now dermarolling my stomach and trying it out on my face), what length needle is your DR? If it's the shorter .25mm or so, then I believe you can roll as often as suggested as it only goes epidermis deep which is good for delivering skincare products. However be aware, if you're using it to treat stretchmarks, you will need to reach dermis level to kick start the skin repair mechanism and therefore use a longer length of needle - at least 1mm I believe or longer for deep SM's on areas such as stomach (there are more knowledgable posters than I on this - any recommendations?).
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
sarah_buzz13 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I hate to say it but I wouldn't recommend anyone use the instructions given on that site. Buy from them ok, but do not roll with a 1mm or longer roller more than once a month!

This has been discussed before on the derma rolling thread and on another forum I am on. They are giving incorrect usage instructions. They are just a business who want to sell their product, they are not a doctor and they are not the inventor. They purely want to make sales.

Not all of the sellers are like this though. I emailed dr-roller.eu asking for help and they actually gave the 'correct' info with regards to how many times to roll. They said with a 0.15mm or a 0.25mm you may roll 1-3 times a week, anything above 1mm to roll ONCE every 4-6 weeks.

I actually emailed scientia in April asking about how often to roll with certian needle sizes. They basically said I could use any size upto 1mm up to 5 times a week, and I could use a 1.5mm roller upto 3 times a week. The ones they said you can only use once per month were the 2mm and 2.5mm.

Honestly, do your research. It can get repetitive answering the same question. Go into the derma rolling thread and you will find out why it's NOT good to roll more than once a month! with a 1mm+ roller. If you want to do damage, go for it. You are sticking needles in your skin, just be careful.

So basically, a site that SELLS derma rollers are just a business trying to make money, it does NOT mean that their instructions are correct. There is enough info on this thread and other threads to know what's best and what isn't.

It's been discussed many a time about 'superficial results' when rolling to often. You think you are seeing results, when infact it's purely just inflammation. Maybe sometimes even chronic.

Seeing results from derma rolling doesn't happen within a week, not even a month! it takes alot longer than that.

Someone made a post once on the other thread saying about how she could see them pulling derma rollers from the public market, because so many people don't do their research and go ahead and roll too often and damage their skin - nowadays I really have to agree with her comment.

Just take care all, I don't want anyone coming back in a few months really upset because they have damaged their skin through not doing research and doing things the wrong way.

Take care and good luck.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I havent rolled in awhile Emla has stopped working on my skin anyone have any alternative suggestions to emla?
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
superdogg, do you think the emla expired? I just ordered emla and tridocaine (not sure when it will get here), so I will let you know how the two compare. I have used Lidocaine 15% and wasn't thrilled with it. Instructions said to roll first with .25mm (didn't have so I rolled lightly with a .1mm) and then apply a few drops. A few drops really didn't help Sad I read in earlier posts that others had tried Climax spray as well.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:32 am      Reply with quote
No it has infact from two diffrent tubes... All the emla has done has given me a deep peel on my face without numbing it....I don't know maybe my skin has become allergic to it or my body has started to reject it and not numbing cause i used it so much....I have tried it on other body parts maybe it might work there
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Eureka!

I don't want to shout "MIRACLE' just yet BUT a small area of skin next to my belly button is not looking like chicken skin. It's smooth.
I noticed it last night, and it's still there this morning.
The area in question is just under 1 inch long and half an inch wide.

Could this really be the dermaroller?? I'm not doing anything else so I'm assuming it is.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |