Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Dermarolling for Stretchmarks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mmcshon
5% products discount

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Deeply sorry if these questions have already been asked.

Hi all, I am new to this thread as far as posting but have been reading it for a while now. I purchased a 1.5 mm roller, just waiting for it to come in the mail. Smile I have some questions as I have read so many different things.

Some people say to roll lightly everyday except weekends. Others say only roll once a month but push as hard as you can. Which one? lol. I am covered in stretch marks on my thighs/stomach/butt/breasts. From 2 pregnancies right in a row! UGH!

What should I apply after rolling? I bought Bio-Oil to apply after rolling because someone suggested that to me. I got the bottle in the mail today and it says don't apply to punctured skin?! OH I am confused. I read about Vitamin A and C. Can these be purchased as stores like walmart? What brands, are they sprays or lotions or oils.

The SM I am MOST concerned about are my inner thighs as they are DEEP. Will rolling help these?? Secondly my stomach and hips are horrible.

Last question- I am still in the process of losing weight, so should I still roll? I gained 70 pounds over a 2 year period. I am down 11 pounds. I want to lose another 60 so should I wait to roll? Or will my weight loss not effect it? Thanks! Very Happy
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
mmcshon wrote:

Some people say to roll lightly everyday except weekends. Others say only roll once a month but push as hard as you can. Which one?

Rolling aggressively (aka drawing blood and pushing as hard as you can) every 6-7 weeks is the protocol that is safest for your skin + gives the long lasting results. Some use smaller rollers like the .15 mm inbetween real rolls for product penetration but it's entirely up to you. Idk if that gives better results.

mmcshon wrote:

What should I apply after rolling? I bought Bio-Oil to apply after rolling because someone suggested that to me. I got the bottle in the mail today and it says don't apply to punctured skin?! OH I am confused. I read about Vitamin A and C. Can these be purchased as stores like walmart? What brands, are they sprays or lotions or oils.

Well, to get the best results possible you should pretreat your skin with Vitamin A and C. The Vit A and C that you need can not be purchased at stores - you need prescriptions for the Vit A (Retin A) or buy it from an online drugstore likewww.alldaychemist.com as for the Vitamin C, it should be L-Absorbic Acic (i have no idea how to spell it). These two will help your skin regenerate itself which is needed before rolling to get the best results possible! And you should continue with them during your rolls as well. I don't know about Bio-Oil, but make sure that you don't apply anything anti-inflammatory a week or so after rolling since it will hinder results. The Retin A is a cream, or a gel and the Vit C serum.. I have no idea lol, I havent started with mine yet!

mmcshon wrote:

The SM I am MOST concerned about are my inner thighs as they are DEEP. Will rolling help these?? Secondly my stomach and hips are horrible.

What most people agree on is that you WILL see results from rolling - but everyone will see different results. So yes, I think you should see results on those SM's but maybe not see them go away completely, just reducing!

mmcshon wrote:

Last question- I am still in the process of losing weight, so should I still roll? I gained 70 pounds over a 2 year period. I am down 11 pounds. I want to lose another 60 so should I wait to roll? Or will my weight loss not effect it? Thanks! Very Happy

Lots of people (including me) have started this process while being over weight and losing it, so it's completely fine.

Hope that answered some questions for you and dont hesitate to ask more!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
oops, wrong thread.
mmcshon
5% products discount

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Loosey thank you so much for your reply. Very helpful!

I had one more question to whom ever can answer it. I have been watching videos and decided that I am going to buy some numbing cream. I am going to buy Lidocaine. Should I get the 2% or the 5%, any advice?????
mousyme
5% products discount

Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Just rolled my hip for the very first time(Ouch), I dont know if you would classify it an aggresive roll. I was pressing firmly but not like as HARD as I could or anything. Any way though I'll be doing the retin-a in the evening and vitamin c in the am. I took a before photo and we'll see how things go.
mmcshon
5% products discount

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
mousyme wrote:
Just rolled my hip for the very first time(Ouch), I dont know if you would classify it an aggresive roll. I was pressing firmly but not like as HARD as I could or anything. Any way though I'll be doing the retin-a in the evening and vitamin c in the am. I took a before photo and we'll see how things go.

Let us know how things go! Post pictures!! Smile I am anxiously waiting for my dermaroller to come in the mail.
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Finally did my first roll today on my arms! Tbh I'm not that worried about my arms in general, so I didn't pre-treat them or anything. Got my roller yesterday so I was eager to try it out!

Anyway, it did hurt some but not quite as I would've expected it to. Didn't use anything numbing on - I tried with ice before but I don't think that helped much Laughing

Now the area is red and I put a Vit A cream on it (not Retin A since I have only one tube and I want to use that on my stomach!) and hopefully I should see some results in a couple of months. I will be using the Vit A cream and Vit C on it everyday.

As for my stomach, I'll probably pre-treat for a month more or so before I roll. Even though I can't wait to do it, I want to get the best results possible which I think I'll get with pretreating.
mmcshon
5% products discount

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:

As for my stomach, I'll probably pre-treat for a month more or so before I roll. Even though I can't wait to do it, I want to get the best results possible which I think I'll get with pretreating.

What are you going to do to pre-treat?
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
mmcshon wrote:
Loosey wrote:

What are you going to do to pre-treat?

Use Retin A and Vit C on my stomach every day!
mousyme
5% products discount

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have l-ascorbic acid power from makingcosmetics and i made it 1tsp to 2 ounces of water, is this the correct mixture? When I spray it on my skin I get really itchy for some reason.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:33 am      Reply with quote
mousyme wrote:
I have l-ascorbic acid power from makingcosmetics and i made it 1tsp to 2 ounces of water, is this the correct mixture? When I spray it on my skin I get really itchy for some reason.

Yes that is right. I do the same mixture.

I used to have a really bad itching sensation after spraying the Vit C on my skin. You could try putting a little less Vit C in your spray bottle, or only apply it every other day.

It irritated my skin quite a bit so I had to quit using it for a while and then my skin went back to normal.
mousyme
5% products discount

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Ok thank you Kay, I may just try using it every other day then. Have you rolled your thigh again yet? I dont remember when your first roll was, have you seen any improvement at all?
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
mousyme wrote:
Ok thank you Kay, I may just try using it every other day then. Have you rolled your thigh again yet? I dont remember when your first roll was, have you seen any improvement at all?

Hi,

The last roll I did on my thigh was the 4th May (I think) so about 12 weeks ago. I haven't rolled that area again yet, I have no excuse really... I just haven't got round to doing it.

I know I have only done one roll and I shouldn't really expect to see any results after just the one roll (although I'm sure it's possible in some peoples cases), there has been no imrprovement at all. At first (within the first month of rolling that area) I thought I could see improvement, but it was clearly just the inflammation and discoloration 'hiding' the stretch marks. Since all that has gone the stretch marks look exactly the same as they did before I rolled.

But like I said, I did only roll the area once. I didn't continue to apply my Vit C and Retin A because I did get irritation with it, so after a couple of weeks I ended up quiting with applying either so maybe that didn't help.
mmcshon
5% products discount

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I rolled for the first time today. To my surprise it did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. BUT--I now have ugly red tread marks all over my stomach. I PRAY this will go away. Is this normal???? Never seen this happen on any videos Ive watched, although they were all on the face. Thanks!
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I used this about 1 month back and wanted to do my 2nd session, but I realised that the area i had rolled on became darker and rough?

did this happen to anyone? im not sure if i want to continue
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
mmcshon wrote:
Okay, I rolled for the first time today. To my surprise it did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. BUT--I now have ugly red tread marks all over my stomach. I PRAY this will go away. Is this normal???? Never seen this happen on any videos Ive watched, although they were all on the face. Thanks!

When I did my thigh I had the same thing, don't worry too much. I remember I felt the same was as you did right now when I saw the red roller marks on my skin.

In time it will go, don't panic.

funkydory wrote:
I used this about 1 month back and wanted to do my 2nd session, but I realised that the area i had rolled on became darker and rough?

Have you been applying Retin A or your own Vit C spray? If yes, then that might be why.

My skin for about 4 - 6 weeks after I rolled it became discoloured and rough (slightly crusty). I quit using the Retin A and the Vit C and it soon went away, my skin went back to normal.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Kay2008 wrote:
funkydory wrote:

Have you been applying Retin A or your own Vit C spray? If yes, then that might be why.

My skin for about 4 - 6 weeks after I rolled it became discoloured and rough (slightly crusty). I quit using the Retin A and the Vit C and it soon went away, my skin went back to normal.

Nope, I didn't use Retin A or Vit C. But its still rough and discolored. I'm quite disappointed
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
So, I know I said I'd be waiting a while before I rolled my stomach.. But, I let temptation get the best of me lol. I rolled the SM's on my stomach around 10 days ago and it went well.

I drew some blood but definitely not enough to need bandage or something like that Laughing I do feel good about it though since that's a proof that I reached the dermis Wink I did it very well on my SM's around my belly and the ones on the lower part of the stomach i just rolled over a little, but hopefully it still triggered wound healing!

The first few days it was red, then the inflammation started to kick in and lemme just say i love inflammation LOL. Made my SM's a lot less noticeable. Now it's back to normal again though and I cant wait to see how it will look in a couple of months!

Recently started to peel because of the Retin A on the stomach - is that good or bad or just normal? Im using Vit C and Vit A everyday - Vit A cream every other day and Retin A every other day.

I'm using the 1mm roller and tbh I can't understand why people feel pain from them? I can barely feel a thing. Shock
banhart

Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if any of you are applying any sort of lotion over the vitamin c spray and the retin-a? I used to use retin-a as a teenager for acne, and used moisturizer on top after letting the retin-a soak in for a minute with no adverse effects. I was thinking that the same might apply with the vitamin c and retin-a used for dermarolling stretch marks. I've read all of this thread and I believe all of the main dermarolling thread and can't remember having seen this mentioned. Thanks!
gertie0223

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and wanting to start dermarolling for stretch marks.
I have read through some of the posts here and had some questions.

When reading your posts it sounds like alot of you are rolling an area only once and then waiting a long period of time before rolling the area again. But when I was reading about specific rollers, most of them are saying to roll the area 5 times a week! So if you are rolling the area once and then waiting before rolling again, what led you to believe that method works best? And also does anyone here roll 5 days a week?

My next question. I watched a video of someone being rolled and it showed them applying skin care creams or lotions during the rolling but alot of you sound like you only apply the creams after rolling and I'm wondering why when the instructional video says to use them while rolling.

Also wanted to know what brand of rollers you recommend? I have been reading that the Dr. Roller is the best...?
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:31 am      Reply with quote
gertie0223 wrote:

When reading your posts it sounds like alot of you are rolling an area only once and then waiting a long period of time before rolling the area again. But when I was reading about specific rollers, most of them are saying to roll the area 5 times a week! So if you are rolling the area once and then waiting before rolling again, what led you to believe that method works best? And also does anyone here roll 5 days a week?

The suppliers wants you to roll 5 days a week so that your roller becomes blunt earlier and therefore they make more money by making you buy another roller. The scientific research however states that you need to wait around 6 weeks or more before you roll again - if you do it too often you will cause micro inflammation which can lead to the skin aging prematurely (i think it was something like that). I believe that photoqueen and Elle2009 (i think that was the name, cant remember) rolled more frequently than that. photoqueen stated to have got great results, but she hasnt been back to report on it so it could've been inflammation that she was experiencing and now the skin is back to normal or something like that.

Anyway, its up to you, but if you really want to reduce your stretch marks, once every 4-6 weeks is the most frequently you should roll. Also, these rolls should be aggressive.

gertie0223 wrote:
My next question. I watched a video of someone being rolled and it showed them applying skin care creams or lotions during the rolling but alot of you sound like you only apply the creams after rolling and I'm wondering why when the instructional video says to use them while rolling.

For SM's, we use Vit C and Retin A which is NOT really that great to roll directly in the skin. You should roll, shower and wait at least 30 minutes before applying your Retin A after rolling.

gertie0223 wrote:
Also wanted to know what brand of rollers you recommend? I have been reading that the Dr. Roller is the best...?

I would recommend Dr Roller since it has the needles placed in a way that it penetrates deeper in the skin, or something along that lines. It's also far more superior quality to other rollers, afaik.

HTH!
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi i am brand spanking new on here unlike my stretch marks... Anyways today i did my first roll on by back have very bad thick stretch marks. Anyways i am worried i did do it right ?.... I didn't bleed? what am i doing wrong? Any more update stories? I am super dogg by the way ello everyone, hope to be a part of the stretch mark fighting team Very Happy
mmcshon
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Quick question. I know that the Vitamin C serum is not supposed to burn or irritate my skin. BUT after applying the Vitamin C-serum (5ml distilled water, 5ml glycerin and 1/5 teaspoon ascorbic acid powder) my skin TINGLES. Is this normal??? Its not painful, just tingles. It goes away within 20 minutes. Today I used even less ascorbic acid in my mixture with NO glycerin and it still tingles. Once again, not painful just well.. tingly. Thanks!

ALSO- is the consistency supposed to be so watery?? It's clear and looks just like water and goes on just like water.
mmcshon
5% products discount

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
superdogg wrote:
Hi i am brand spanking new on here unlike my stretch marks... Anyways today i did my first roll on by back have very bad thick stretch marks. Anyways i am worried i did do it right ?.... I didn't bleed? what am i doing wrong? Any more update stories? I am super dogg by the way ello everyone, hope to be a part of the stretch mark fighting team Very Happy

Did you have little red pin marks after? You don't have to bleed to be doing it right. Your not actually supposed to bleed! A little pin point blood is fine but anything heavier really isn't good. I roll at the same pressure everywhere that I roll and I only get the pin prick blood marks on my arms, not my stomach! BUT i know its working on my stomach because Ive seen the results and that's only after one roll! Good luck to you.
superdogg
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
No i didn get pin mark but i dont know the skin on the back is very thick.. i did bleed on my face but not back...advice do i do more sessions?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |