Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Re-Raving about City Lips ORIGINAL Lip Plumper
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
they brought back the original and I could not be happier! The new "advanced" was too goopy and just not as good. The night time treatment is now in a jar with TWICE the amount the old tube had. And now citylips is having a sale and it is only $12.50! The tube used to be $30 tube.

They have original formula in colors in tubes selling for $10.

BEFORE

AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS OF USING CITY LIPS

Look closely at the lines in my lips. Not as many. Especially the top lip line. My top lip always does well.

I could not pay $50 for plumpers that I was not that satisfied with so I just gave up on plumpers over the years. But now it is worth it.

If you have any questions about my pics let me know. I tried to get them as close as possible in proximity but you tell me and I'll do whatever I can but as I said the best way to look at the lines and compare those in each pic.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
i just found this pic I took as a BEFORE for a product that works on my face. The marionette lines. But it also had my lips in the pic and you can see how much thinner they were as opposed to now. So I cropped the new pic in half to show the difference. I fully realize that the proximity is different in both pics but I still think you can see a difference with the fullness of my lips. Especially my lip lines.

BTW- The product used on my face is Origins Age Correcting Serum and I do believe it worked quite well with the lines above my lips. Not just ON my lip line but the Perioral area. I certainly did not smear City Lips up that high!
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wendy, I definitely can see a difference. Do you also use the day one or just the night treatment? I asked you the same question in the "Lip Fusion" thread but I guess you did not visit it today. I will order it.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
How long does the little pot of treatment last?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I am a fan the orginal city lips too, gives me great results too
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I think your lips look fabulous!! Your skin looks great, too. I'm glad you decided to re-rave about City Lips because I just ordered it a few days ago! Can't wait to try it and see what happens for me. Very Happy
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Great lips Wink - great results .
I also tried both of them and was so disapointed with the new one ..oh well we still have the original one with a reduce price Smile

XoXo
Roxana
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
It will last months if you use only at night. but I use it all day long because it is soooo moisturizing. I use the one in the little jar.

$12.50 free shipping is for a limited time and I am thinking about getting more while they last.

Even Ebay has this size for $30. That was the original price for the tube (half of the amt in the jar)

ALSO a good tip is to take Hyaluronic Acid tablets with Bio Collagen II. You wake up in the AM with huge lips and it helps the city lips do it job even better. City Lips helps find the moisture in your lips and helps increase that. Exactly what the HA tabs do. HA goes wherever your body needs it actually but it does go to my lips.

Added benefit is that I'm a lot looser in my joints now. Generally that is what people take it for and some lady on her discovered that it helped to plump her lips. I was the one who added the City Lips to it.

Doctors Best is the brand. MUST HAVE Bio Collagen II in it. Only 2 brands of HA caps do. FYI...
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Even Better !!!!

30% off from the entire order - so instead of 12 you pay 8.75 Smile

Just order now Razz
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I know! LOL...I'm buying 3!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
Even Better !!!!

30% off from the entire order - so instead of 12 you pay 8.75 Smile

Just order now Razz

What happened? Did they add more discounts?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure what happens there ....maybe they want to discontinue the original one .I saw that they have only 3 colors and the clear one .Is it possible?
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:11 am      Reply with quote
WOW, such a good deal!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
I am not sure what happens there ....maybe they want to discontinue the original one .I saw that they have only 3 colors and the clear one .Is it possible?

Please tell me where you see 30% off entire order. I don't see that anywhere.

Can you link their words? I WANT IN!

I finally figured out how to get the location code for pics on other websites. So here are some of City Lip's own before and after 30 days of use pics. I did not to put a whole bunch of gloss on my lips for my after pic so that you could really tell what was me.

These are still impressive. If your lips are dehydrated, they shrink. But I've used lots of moisturizing and hydrating lips products and never had this. Aside from dehydrating we are losing collagen in our lips so those two things need to be targeted. So this product allows you to re-hydrate the tissue on your lips and build a bit of collagen.

talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
here it is Wendy
http://www.citycosmetics.com/
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
OMG! Right in front! Has anyone tried it? It really works on such a low price anyway?

Still free shipping?
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Wendy , where do you buy your HA from?

wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
This place seemed to have the cheapest:

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Hyaluronic-Acid-with-Chondroitin-Sulfate-60-Capsules/4457

If you want to pick some up somewhere, the other brand that includes the BioCell II is Source Natural Skin Eternal. SOME Whole Foods stores carry it. but call first.

You would be paying a little more. They charge about $9 for 30 caps and the one above is $12.16 for 60. I've used those when there was a back order and I did not want to discontinue for even a week.
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Wendy, for your response. I ordered two clear ones and - couldn't resist - a plum-colored one. You have a nice skin as well - do you also use a topical HA on your face?

There is free shipping for purchases over $50. Now it is 30% off and US $5 for standard shipping US/Canada.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I should have bought several when it was free shipping on all orders. I HOPE they are just trying to get people to buy more and not discontinue it! It will go up to $30 if they keep it.

It had been so long since I used it, I wanted to make sure everything WAS the same. I should have bought more than one a few weeks ago.

30% STILL really good though.
So how much was standard shipping with ordering more than 2? does it go up?

I need to buy more asap!!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Luciana wrote:
Thank you, Wendy, for your response. I ordered two clear ones and - couldn't resist - a plum-colored one. You have a nice skin as well - do you also use a topical HA on your face?

Thanks.
I do not use topical HA. Caps are sufficient. I read somewhere that there is only so much you can hold so it would be of no use.

I use Origins Youthtopia Age Correcting Serum and the Youthtopia skin firming cream. Emu oil a couple of times a week.

Nothing I can do about my large pores though. I have never had a problem with black heads because I think they just fall out! Laughing
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
It was still free shipping when I bought them, yesterday night...well, yesterday night for me, now it is 2:30 pm, Thursday.

However, 30% off is a better deal than free standard shipping if you buy 2 ore more. I tried to buy 3 products just to see if the shipping fee goes up: no, it is still US $5.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is better. Good thing I waited!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I also bought two.
EDS is becoming an * spam alert *! Dangerous to my wallet too. I feel like a copy cat... I get sucked in by all the recommendation I read here. I have learned so much from all of you. I am grateful.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Have any on here tried the Lips2Kiss system? It just seemed like so much work and expense to get the same results with this. You can exfoliate as I said with something as cheap as sugar and olive oil and use this treatment. Ha caps as well.

Cost: $12.50 plus like nothing for exfoliation and maybe $11 for HA caps. $20-$30 total

BTW exfoliation with this really does make a difference.

I'm not knocking it or saying they don't get results and I'm sure many are happy but for $80 plus other products they insist you add AND you have to apply twice an hour AM and PM.

And look at these photos for the products for upper lip line from the official web site:

I don't think you have to be a graphic artist (which i have experience in) to know that the after photos have been altered. They have used a tool that "blurs" the photo to make lines less prominent. I myself have done it to my own photos for facebook ( Embarassed I know but only the really close up ones with bad light. lol)

Another $80 for lip line eliminator and $197 for a handheld tool to help with this.

THAT bothers me.

I have been attacked before when i questioned this company and product so I hope i don't offend anyone here. this forum IS for our opinions.

These pics are for the lip system that plumps/rejuvenates lips but it is obvious that the second one is closer so they appear bigger.

And I was told "well plumping gloss only provides a temp solution" Well with L2K you have to continue or your lips go back to the way they were. Even injections are temporary.

I'd just rather not pay so much and invest so much time for something that can be done for a lot less. And the advertising practices bother me.

I admitted with my pics I knew the after was closer as well but you can tell when you look at my outer lines (especially top outer corners) that they have expanded.

At least City Lips was tested by an external source (Good Housekeeping Institute) and they said it was the only plumper out there to actually get measured increase. Average 1/8 inch after 30 days-(this was the original treatment)

Enough of that...
Ok so who is up for the HA caps challange along with City Lips and see what you get after 30 days.

Take a close up pic of yourself before you start.

With the HA caps you won't have to wait at all. Well overnight and that is about it. it was instant. but remember there were varied results because if your body needed the moisture in other parts of your body, it will go there first. If not, you could be one of the lucky ones and it goes straight to your lips!

The old HA Caps thread is like 40 pages long so we might as well start a new one
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |