Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lilash or Lumigan - which works better in your opinions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I have read all the threads on eyelash enhancers and I've just finished my bottle of Revitalash, which worked pretty well!

I am now on to my next venture in this field and have narrowed it down to either Lilash or Lumigan - obv the price difference makes me think Lumigan BUT Lilash seems to be marketed as the best one.

I simply want to know which you think is the best - just out of these two please!

It would help me greatly in my plight! Very Happy

many thanks in advance for any input!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Lilash since Feb 2009. I works wonderful. I just started using Lumigan this week. I'm using the Lilash in the morning and the Lumigan in the evening.
The Lilash packaging is great, its in a mascara type tube. The Lumigan is in a dropper type bottle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Did the Lilash maintain long lashes or do they fall out? I have heard that they tend to fall out after a while and it takes ages to grow them back...

thanks for your input Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Lumigan is medically proven to grow lashes longer and its only $12 a bottle on alldaychemist.com
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Lumigan is medically proven to grow lashes longer and its only $12 a bottle on alldaychemist.com

yes I am basically about to order two bottles - just really wanted to make sure I was buying the right stuff first! If I had £100 quid spare I'd try the Lilash but as I haven't looks like it's Lumigan then!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I would say lumigan, i got faster results and longer and thicker lashes. Just need to mix it in with something like castor/ emu oil as its very drying.

Ive noticed with lilash my eyelashes have started to thin. Will be going back to lumigan as from tonight. I'll update in a few weeks.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
buy several bottles since shipping is $24
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Angelboots, that's what I wanted to hear!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Angelboots wrote:
I would say lumigan, i got faster results and longer and thicker lashes. Just need to mix it in with something like castor/ emu oil as its very drying.

Do you mix the lumigan and castor/emu oil together and apply it every night? or do you alternate: lumigan for 1 night and the castor/emu oil the next night?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
okay...I have just purchased two bottles of Lumigan for alldaychemist - they came in a week! I was expecting it to take up to three weeks!

Can anyone recommend how to use this please? I will use my old Revitalash brush - how much should I use and how often? Once a day or a few times a week to start with??

Any help would be much appreciated!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both lumigan and lilash and I actually got better results with lilash. As far as lashes falling out this will happen with both products as your lashes have a natural shedding cycle. I think before you use these products you just don't notice it as much. I have about a 2 week period every 2-3months where lashes start to fall out and might get thin in spots but then start filling in again. I've mostly noticed an increase in length, not really thicker or darker lashes.

I used the lumigan by itself before. Maybe I should try it with lilash. At least I might stretch out my liliash as it is much more expensive than lumigan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I have what may be a silly question or one that's already been answered a dozen times -- I'm still kind of new here. But, do these products cause new lashes to grow or only cause the current lashes you have to become longer, thicker, etc.? Thanks!
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
HI essq2w3e4r
I find lumigan too drying and has too much sodium so i need to be mixed with something nutritious like castor oil and i use emu oil as it pushes things further into the skin
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Could I use Bio oil with Lumigan??

I haven't enough time to order emu oil as well...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Angelboots,
I do not have castor oil... but I do have the emu oil from skinbiology. I guess, I can use lumigan followed my emu oil to "push it in"?

I do not know what castor oil is. I checked Rite Aid for castor oil. Rite Aid's website says you take castor oil by mouth....hmmm?? but you suggest to mix this with Lumigan?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

You can mix lumigan with any oil. I have mixed it with vit e oil in the past.

Castor oil is a natural prostglandlin- the active ingredient in eyelash growth products. For centuries many cultures have used castor oil to grow and improve the appearance of eyelashes, eyebrows and hair.

The only thing with using castor oil on eyelashes is, it can be difficult to remove in the morning, even with hot water and soap.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |