Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Gernetic Gel Contour des Yeux
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I received this in my eds order today. It seems like I will like it and that it will address my wants (minor wrinkles, slight sagging). However my question is this.
The brochure in the box says that I can also use the gel on my neck. ?? If this is a good thing then I would definitely like to try it. I have e-mailed eds about who to contact for further information about using it in that area. The tube isn't very large so slathering it on doesn't seem to be the way to go.
I remember Winnie saying that she worked in a salon that carried this line and maybe she, or someone else, might know about this usage.
(I wasn't sure if this was a Review, General or Skin Care question but TIA)
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is too strange. I just went to the Gernetic section of the eds spa shop to add a link to my post & it doesn't list the Gel Contour des Yeux. What's up with that? Surprised
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion....sometimes EDS has samples of products that it does not currently sell.

I can provide you with some links to other Gernetic websites but you may not get all that more information on the eye product.

www.gernetic.com.au www.gerneticinternational.com

PS. I love the Gernetic skin care line!!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:22 am      Reply with quote
It wasn't a sample but an $87 purchase for a 25ml tube. It will likely be my HG eye product so I may need to find it somewhere else or maybe I will find that it's discontinued Surprised . It struck me as a little odd when I couldn't find it on the Gernetic list, that's all. EDS has a HUGE selection and excellent CS. They have already e-mailed me to say that the gel can certainly be used on my neck but I'm going to be stingy with it and save it for my eyes! Wink
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I thought it was a sample. I'll post a Canadian website below that carries Gernetic products. You may be able to purchase the eye gel from them.

www.theeuropeantouch.com
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I have used a couple of GerNetic products over the years and have ordered from this site. She has worked with GERnetic for many years.

http://www.gerneticusa.com/SkinSpecifics.ivnu
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Cookie....I have tried to order from this site but they don't ship outside the USA.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Sorry, I thought it was a sample. I'll post a Canadian website below that carries Gernetic products. You may be able to purchase the eye gel from them.

www.theeuropeantouch.com

Thank you! I try not stray too far from eds, but it's good to know other places that can supplement my purchases Rolling Eyes
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion, what results are you getting from this Gernetic product?
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
RuthMarion, what results are you getting from this Gernetic product?

As far as results go - none yet. I'm finding the texture (very light creamy/gel) to be agreeable to my sensitive eyes. I went a little crazy Sad with retinol & trying NIA24 Skin Smoothing Cream @ the same time that I initially tried the Gernetic and as a result I ended up with rough raw patches under both eyes. At 57 yrs old one would think that I would have had the common sense to introduce products individually if not slowly Rolling Eyes .
Anyway, after almost a week of rolling on Liz Earle's oil eye concentrate & a Vaseline type balm, then some gentle exfoliations, I'm back in business. I should be able to see some improvement/difference after a few weeks.
I very much like the consistency & absorption though & that's a important to me Cool

BTW The skin area around my eyes would be considered normal, I guess. Normally oily but a little bit dry (not a lot though) because of the retinol. Some lines but no "cracks" or deep wrinkles. Neutral
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, RuthMarion. I'll be curious to see if this product works!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Oops. I just looked at the Liz Earle bottle (that I called an eye product - I guess because that's where I use it!) & it is actually called Superbalm Concentrate. It has the following ingredients: organic rosehip oil, argan oil, lavender, neroli, chamomile, and natural vitamin e. It's intended as an "intensive overnight nourisher" for face & neck & is really good stuff Wink
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee. Can you elaborate on the Gernetic line and what you love about the products you use. From reading other threads I think you have sensitive skin like I do. I have rosacea and mature skin. In a post Bushy likened this line to Valmont which others really like. Is it also like Cellcosmet? I looked up the european touch, as I live in Toronto. Do they have a spa? thanks.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello harriet.....yes, I have very sensitive skin and also very dry/mature. Gernetic seems to address these issues. I love the synchro and cytobi. They are extremely soothing and moisturizing and the best part is that they can be applied around the eye area so an added eye cream is optional but not necessary. I also apply a day moisturizer over the synchro which has a sun filter and can also be applied around the eye area. I have a very hard time with sunscreen because of my sensitive skin but the Tropo Plus moisturizer and sun filter are great and do not irritate my skin in any way. Gernetic has a variety of products that addresses different issues and they deliver what they promise.

I am not a fan of Valmont or Cellcosmet. I never really liked these two skin care lines so in my opinion Gernetic would be the best for me and I like it far better than the other two skin care lines.

I don't live in Toronto, but rather Montreal so I don't know much about the European Touch, but I'm sure if you contact them they would be happy to provide you with information.

Hope this answers some of your questions.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
thanks leeleedeedee. I see Gernetic is on special at EDS (30% off for spring)and I may try some of the ones you found useful. I emailed the staff a few weeks ago and they said they were discontinuing the line so they may be getting rid of their stock. Will have to see how old it is. Harriet ps what is it about Valmont and Cellcosmet that you did not care for?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi harriet....yes, I also found out that EDS is discontinuing Gernetic. I'm very sad about that.

I tried many products from Valmont and Cellcosmet and I found that they did very little to my face....I mean there was absolutely no visible difference in texture, tone etc....plus some of the creams were not very moisturizing. For the price of these products I need to see some visible difference in the texture and appearance of my skin and there wasn't any. The Cellcosmet eye cream was too drying. And, many Valmont moisturizers did little for my extremely dry skin.

Gernetic is the opposite. Their creams are extremely effective and highly moisturizing and soothing. I have repurchased their products many, many times. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee...thanks. I went ahead and ordered some Gernetic products from EDS and I found 2 salons in the Toronto area that use it as well as the European Touch online business. So I'll let you know how it goes. I plan to finish some Dr H products and then try Gernetic for a while. and later maybe use both ...it's always so hard to know what to do with left over products! I also have some Remergent. But I will use the Gernetic on its own to see what it does for my skin. I hope you are well and thanks again for your responses. Harriet
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I think that I like this although it isn't available through eds anymore. Too bad because I prefer to purchase from the spa here. Anyway, I'm in a test faze with eye creams & find that this one "melts" in well, and moisturizes my outer, underye area very well. Since it's like a milky gel, it goes well with my oily skin. I still have fine lines (comes with being 57 (58?) but all looks smoother.
Still liking the PSF Rejuvenating Eyecream, though...... Wink
I wish that I could use it on my upper eyes but sensitivities & migrating into my eyes is a problem there.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
harriet...yes, please let me know how you are doing with the Gernetic. It's just too bad that EDS doesn't carry it anymore. I have such dry, sensitive skin and Gernetic was fantastic for me. I hope the products work as well for you as they did for me.

RuthMarion...are you using any other Gernetic products? There are other products that you can use around the eyes, like Synchro, in addition to the eye cream. Synchro is extremely moisturizing and soothing. I have placed that on my eyelids without any problem and I have very sensitive eyes. I never tried the eye cream but I was going to until EDS informted me they were discontinuing the line. I, too, prefer to order my skin care products from EDS.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee,
I haven't tried any other Gernetic products at all, but the Synchro sounds interesting. I'll look into it - especially since you said that it doesn't bother your sensitive eyes.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |