Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Skin Biology Super Cop Skin Remodeling Cream - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)
How many brands of each type of skincare do you have?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I was looking in my bathroom tonight and got a shock...

Cleansers: we have FIVE (Murad pomegranate, 2 epiderms, Eve Lom, and Aqua Glycolics)

Toner: ONE (well, two if you count the La Prairie one sitting under the sink that I dont like and never use)

Mists: TWO (la mer and Thalgo)

Scrub: FOUR (Aramis for him, Suisse Programme, Epidermx, and La Mer)

Mask: NINE Shock (Decleor, Ascention, 4 differnt Nivea packets, DHC, La Mer if you count the scrub as a mask - , and some german thing)

Moisturizers/oils: SIX (la mer, bio oil, epiderm, Decleor, camellia oil.. oh plus an aramis aftershave balm for DH)

Eye cream: TWO (la Mer, Thalgo)

Body moisturizers: (body shop x 2, garnier, L'oreal, neo strata)

not to mention a whole BOX of samples that are not getting used! yikes!
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Your gonna make me work my memory! It used to be ALOT worse!

Scrubs - epidermx (of course Wink SSC pumpkin scrub from a year ago!, Vivant buffing beads, Aloette enzyme peel

Moisturizer - Derma Butter, Camellia oil, Squalene, Vivant daycream, Avon triple force,Lipomoist samplessss galore!

Eyecream - ISClinical,BB sample,EL sample,Avon hydrofirm, Strivectin for eyes sample

cleanser - Epiderm oatmeal/porcelain bar, Avon cold cream, Paula choices skin recovery

Body creams/lotions -MMU tons! Hemp

Hand creams - MMU, Vaseline, Avon

Lip balms - MMU, TBS, MAC

I know there are more odds/ends floating around!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:02 am      Reply with quote
you do know that this a question you are not allowed to ask!!! Shock

i can justify all my purchases (at the time i bought them of course Confused !)

although its funny you mention this because im very close to gettng rid of 90% of what i own and selling it on ebay, as ive just sampled the most amazing skin care line ever, and want to purchase lots of their products, so i thought id be faithful to one skincare range.

their website is called:

sircuit.com

and their stuff is quite simply a cut above them all!

youve gotta check them out - ive got oily acne prone skin and their cleanser is the best ever and their x-zit clear spots - overnight!! Very Happy

anyway guys, thats my 2 cents!

cheerio
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
From what you have described, it sounds like you have a small store in your bathroom.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think I DO have a small drugstore in there.. and here I was thinking I was an angel.

But in fairness, most of the stuff is used by hubby as well, so that justifies it, right? Bad Grin

I wanna hear what Mabsy has... Wink

As for sircuit... I have heard nice things about them somewhere else on this board too... a new buzz line?
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
farouk wrote:

their website is called:sircuit.com

I think its actually sircuitskin.com....sircuit.com came up as a sports website... Shock Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Would it suffice for me to say there are waaaayyyy to many for me to list them. I think that gives you the picture. Laughing

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
farouk wrote:

their website is called:sircuit.com

I think its actually sircuitskin.com....sircuit.com came up as a sports website... Shock Razz

Wow!!! That is pricy stuff! I was checking out their Argireline line. $150.00 oz.

Anyway:

I have so much skincare I could open a store. I really think we should have a swap on this forum Laughing . Can't tell you the products I have tried once and packed them away. Not to mention all the Jane Iredale products I have from working in a salon.

If I listed them all I would have to own up to my * spam alert *. Embarassed

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
we definately should have the EDS swap shop thread. LOL

I have lots of stuff too.. especially my sample collection.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:13 am      Reply with quote
Hm...lets seee.... I have in my bathroom cabinet:

Cleansers:5 (Dr. Hauschka, bioelements, md formulation, babor, sanssuzi (?))
Toners: 1... and I hate it...
Moisturisers: 3 (eucerin, 2dr. H)
eyecreams: 2 samples, have not bought new ful size.
Masks:4 (babor, chanel, montagne jeunesse)
Scrubs: 1 (la prairie)
Shower: 4 (clinique, dermalogica, nivea bath oil, kanebo bath salts)
bodylotion: 2 (both nivea I think..)
+ lots of samples

And I recently cleaned out my cabinet...
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:35 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

As for sircuit... I have heard nice things about them somewhere else on this board too... a new buzz line?

Guapagirl is a recent convert to this line. From her reviews the stuff from sircuitskin sounds great.
Both Guapagirl and Farouk think some of the products are amazing, I think I'll have to add this line to my wishlist.

I have the following in my bathroom at the moment:
Cleansers: 9 - Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser, Decleor Cleansing Gel, Sothys Purifying Milk, Decleor Foaming Cleanser, Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream, Decleor Cleansing Milk, Sothys Purifying Foaming Gel, Clinique Cleansing Foam.
Toners: 4 - Rose Water, Decleor Tonifying Lotion, Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner, Liz Earle Skin Tonic.
Moisturisers: 4 - Liz Earle Skin Repair Light, Decleor Hydra Matte Regulating Fluid, Yon-Ka Pamplemousse (Normal/Oily), Decleor Prologene.
Body/Neck cream: 1 - Simply Beautiful Cosmetics Collagen Gel.
Masks: 4 - Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask, Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask, Montagne Jeunesse Sauna Masque, Montagne Jeunesse Exfoliating Masque.
Treatments: 8 - Decleor Aromessence Neroli & Ylang Ylang, Decleor Baume Essential & Ylang Ylang Balm, Dr Hauschka Normalizing Day Oil, Sonya Dakar Drying Potion, Clinique Clear Blemish Gel, Clearasil Daily Skin Perfecting Treatment.

I've never written it all down before. Quite shocking. There is even more stuff under my bed!
A lot of the products I have recently purchased and are in the 'trial phase'. No doubt a lot of them will be discarded as they will not suit my skin. Probably only to be replaced by other products that I read about on the EDS forum. Rolling Eyes Smile
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:41 am      Reply with quote
hmmm

cleansers: eminence (sweet red rose), tracie martyn (amla), just pure (honey neroli), eve lom, jurlique (cream cleanser)

exfoliators: just pure (olive core exfoliant), pure+simple (sensitive skin exfoliator), eminence (rosehip + maize exfoliating mask)

toners: jurlique (chamomille floral water), avene (thermal water), witch hazel

creams: eminence (stonecrop whip moisturizer), just pure (sensitive skin emulsion), clayton shagal (elastin extract gel II)

eye creams: jurlique (eye gel), naturopathica (primrose eye cream)

masks: eminence (eight greens phyto, stonecrop, carrot vitamin), pure+simple (clay mask)

body cream: dr hauschka (rose body lotion), eminence (cinnamon paprika lotion), jing jang balm (for lips, cuticles + all rough patches)

and i have samples on order from sircuit...

eeeek
no wonder my bf looks at me like he'll never see me again whenever i get up to wash my face!!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:38 am      Reply with quote
AT LAST, I can say I'm a minimalist Bad Grin

Cleansers: 2 (Dermalogica Ultracalming, Decleor cleansing cream)
Toners: 1 (Phytomer Roseé Visage, and a 30-ml spray sample from MD)
Moisturizers: 4 (Decleor Ultranourishing, Avene calming, Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream, Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance)
Eyecreams: 2 (MD Formulations Hydrating, Exuviance)
Masks: Three (I'm not a mask person, too restless-the ones I have: Dermalogica Multivitamin, MDF Moisturizing, Vertargil clay mask).
Scrubs: 2 (Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, plus one from Clarins in the shower (used by bf)).
Shower gels: 2-3? (only simple stuff, moisturizing&non-irritating)
Bodylotions: 3-4 (Biotherm, L'Oreal, Body Shop body butter).

And some other stuff (Baume de Nuit Angelique, Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Concentrate, Decleor Aromessence Rose d'Orient, MD Formulations Facial Cream& Vita-Plus ClearingComplex for emergencies).
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
tiger-tim wrote:
Quote:
we definately should have the EDS swap shop thread. LOL

I have lots of stuff too.. especially my sample collection.

Actuallywww.makeupalley.com has an awesome swap board for product junkies globally--both new and used stuff. I highly recommend you check it out, especially if you have stuff to get rid of, and want to try new stuff.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
It might not be completely safe swapping used product with someone that you do not know. Not saying they would do anything on purpose, but when people are putting their fingers into creams, etc., all manner of bacteria may be transferred. Shock

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but I wouldn't do it.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I am too chicken to go upstairs and write every I have in the bathroom. I already cleaned out my sample stash last month, and I still have 4 ziplock bags full of sample packets/bottles.

My 2 cents on swapping: I only swap/purchase either brand new products or used products in pump bottles. That hopefully minimize chances of contamination. Also check out the swappers feedback (just like ebay seller's feedbacks) before swapping.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Judy Marshall wrote:
Quote:
It might not be completely safe swapping used product with someone that you do not know. Not saying they would do anything on purpose, but when people are putting their fingers into creams, etc., all manner of bacteria may be transferred.

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, but I wouldn't do it.

I totally agree Judy, you take that risk. That's why I only trade for new products, brand new sealed samples, or perfumes (ok with used, but obviously prefer new). I'm a germaphobe so wouldn't trade anyone for any creams in open jar containers. I don't even stick my own fingers in any of my products; I always use a q-tip, but can't guarantee that's what others do. And I would never trade make-up unless it was brand-new and in the box.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Reading some of these I don't feel so bad about what's in my bathroom Smile I'm still a bit scared to actually do a tally (plus it's past midnight here). I'll have to get back to you on this one tiger_tim Smile I would say though that I probably have more masks than anything else - they seem to be my weakness...
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I thought this was a cute thread. Laughing

I like to use a variety of products, and I really don't stick to one brand. Except for three Proactiv products, and some DHC, everything is different!

Cleansers-- DHC cleansing oil, Proactiv, and sometimes I'll just use the cleansing oil and follow with my...

Scrub! Queen Helene Oatmeal n' Honey scrub.

Toners-- Proactiv, Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist

Eyes: DHC eye bright and concentrated eye cream.

Moisturizers! I have a TON right now that I alternate, but I recently upgraded so a couple might go in the trash. There is of course the Proactiv Repairing lotion, but I view that more as treatment. I have on Olay with spf, and Dove for sensitive skin, but I recently received Murad Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer with Spf that I love, and PSF Perfecting Day Lotion which I really haven't has a chance to try out yet. THe last two will probably replace the first two in my normal rotation-- light moisture vs. more moisture.

Let's not even mention all the different hair products I have going, and all the body lotions and wash in my cupboard. I always seem to rotate, though. Everything get s a turn every once and awhile!
tisa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Inventory Time Smile

Cleansers
Luzern Labs + Rosa y Fruta Camellia Oil + Ilcsi Black Soap (didn't work for me Sad )

Toners
Luzern Labs + Organic Rosewater + Organic Orangeblossom water

Moisturizer
Rosa y Fruta Ambrosia + Lustre Cremes

Serums
Luzern Labs - 2

Masks/Scrubs
Luzern Labs O2 + Rosa y Fruta Dulce Fresca + Dr.H CC

I've gotten better at using things up and thanks to this thread I just realized I have a lot less stuff crowding my bathroom Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Yikes!!!

Cleaners
*Dr Hauschka
*Burt's Bees
*Neal's Yard ingredients for homemade

Toner
*Unknown (Witch Hazel)
*Neal's Yard

Moisturiser or rather face oil
*Dr Hauschka
*Decleor
*Clarins
*Neal's Yard
*Tesco

Masks/Scrubs
*Dr Hauschka
*Neal's Yard
*Sothys
*Clarins
*Simply Divine Botanicals

Lipbalm
*Dr Hauschka
*Burt's Bees
*Homemade
*Varios unknown

I won't even go into body care or haircare Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried to simplify in recent years so the only brands I'm using right now are the following:

Skin Care: Dr Hauschka & Primavera as well as EOs and Hydrosols
Masks: Dr H and Juice Beauty
Cosmetics: Dr H (face, eyes and lips), Jane Iredale (eyes and lips), Max Factor (2 eyeliners)
Lip Balms: Weleda, Dr H

I am always on the lookout for new great brands so am interested in trying and learning about other lines as well.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cleansers: 5 (2 Serious Skin Care, MD Formulations, Dermalogica, Caudalie)

Toners/Mists: 3 (2 Caudalie, Orlane)

Serums: 3 (Skinceuticals, Relax-a-line, CoQ10)

Eye Creams: about 40 samples (ReVive, AmorePacific, Serious Skin Care, Wei East, Caudalie)

Day Cream with SPF: 3 (ReVive, Serious Skin Care, Murad)

Night Cream: 6 (Serious Skin Care, Astara, ReVive, AmorePacific, Bosica, Caudalie)

Scrubs: 3 (2 Dermalogica, Philosophy)

Mask: 15 (2 Dermalogica, Caudalie, 2 Got2Be, Avon, Wei East, Jafra, 2 Serious Skin Care, Victoria Principal, Thalgo, Jurlique, Valmont, Orlane)

Wow....I think I have a problem! Smile

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
hmm
I really had to think about that. And by the way, good thread!

CLEANSER: 2-Cetaphil gentle & daily cleanser

EYE MAKEUP REMOVER: 1-Cle de Peau Beaute demaquillant pour les yeux absolu

SERUM: 2-Cellex-C vit.C & Sonya Dakar Omega 3

EYE: 2-Skinceuticals eye gel(5%) & Kinerase Intensive Care eye cream (night)

MASK: 1-sample of Valmont Renewal Pack

SUNBLOCK: 2-Skinceuticals Ultimante Defense SPF 30 & La Roche-Posay SPF 60

BODY LOTION: 9-Nuxe OR & Nuxe dry oil spray; Cellex-C smoothing lotion; Cellex-C Body Sheen & Toning Gel; for my neck and chest-Dr. Brandt V-zone neck cream & Skinceuticals Retinol; Lac-Hydrin 12% for my arms; Aveeno Positively Smooth with soy extracts for my legs; AHAVA Dermud enriched intensive foot cream
jzainoun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to say that I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!
after reading your posts, I feel normal... almost every one of your posts has at least one line that sounds like a you're quoting me!
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Phytomer Pionniere XMF Perfection Youth Cream (50 ml / 1.6 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |