Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Face mask (material type) - recommendations please
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm looking for recommendations for a face mask - the ones that are impregnated fabric and that you don't wash the face afterwards. I've used the SKII one but I'm looking for something a bit cheaper. I've also tried the Elandra All Naturals Collagen mask which I really liked. Any other suggestions? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love sheet masks! And have used quite a few but I dont have the "best" one I would highly recommend to anyone. So far, I'm liking Watsons (its an Asian drugstore) own store brands green tea sheet mask, do you live in Asia?
I've tried searching for a place that sells these but other than ebay, I've not had luck with any other websites. But the ebayer seller has huge mark ups for the masks.
Another mask that I would consider re-buying would be the My beauty diary nano platinum mask. There are plenty of websites selling this, but the shipping from Asia to UK is too expensive so I've held off buying. Its very moisturising and with 2 uses, my face is hydrated and plump.
I'm testing out some other sheet mask brands that are available at sasa.com so I'd let you know if they're any good Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check them out. I live in Australia so unfortunately we don't have Watsons (which I am familiar with) but I'll have a look on Ebay.

On the weekend I found the Olay Regenerist Mask. It comes in a pack of 5 and they recommend to use them continuously for several days so I'm trying that. The price was quite reasonable AUD$34.95. I also saw the ones from Sasa so I'll be interested to hear what you think of them.

BTW, I'm a veteran Dermaroller user and I think the masks are perfect to use after rolling the face.

5% products discount

Mon May 11, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Jasmin&Lily Healing Mask
I am using this mask. For Chantecaille skin care products, this one is definitely a MUST-BUY!!!
The weather can be really crazy so my skin could just go nuts on me. As long as there is some irritation, I will use this mask at night then my skin will just behave and be more radiant next morning
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
keliu - sasa sell the pre-cut paper dry masks, ie, you can DIY and soak them in whatever you want.

Just checked the sasa website and they do carry the DIY ones, although I've seen more choices in the actual stores
http://web3.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/viewProductDetail.jspa?itemno=101155202001

They've got quite a few ready to use ones as well - including one that had an attached "neck piece", which I rather like the idea of...
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Decleor masks - i love them! my personal favourite is the hydrafloral mask, but before mask, i use the Decleor Neroli oil underneath. It's really like a spa relax at home.
beetlebugs
5% products discount

Sat May 16, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite is SKII's facial treatment mask.

How often do you all normally use these sheet masks?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 16, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
beetlebugs wrote:
How often do you all normally use these sheet masks?

The Olay Regernist masks recommend to use them on consecutive days as a treatment - they come in a pack of 5, so that's every day for five days.

However, I mainly use the masks after Dermarolling as they're a great way to sooth the skin and to treat the skin whilst the "holes" are still open. Other than that, I would think once a week would be enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
This isnt much of a review as I tried two different sheet masks in the past 2 weeks. They are both from sasa.com- Catena pore shrinking red wine mask and Silk Whitia whitening and moisturising mask.
The Silk Whitia are on promotion- buy one get one free- at sasa.com but I bought those ones before the promo Mad but I managed to place another order and got a few more different Silk Whitia masks.

Both the Catena and Silk Whitia are excellent and i would definately buy them again!

Catena- makes my pores smaller, evened out my skintone and any redness from my acne was eased. the sheet fitted my face perfectly and there was just enough essence in the pack.

Silk Whitia- essence was too thick and gloopy but its recommended tht you wash the mask off. The sheet was a bit big for my face but cos of the essence, the sheet stuck onto my face. However, it instantly brightened my face up, though didnt last as the morning after, my skin was just normal. However, my face wasnt as flakey as before and it looked and felt hydrated and plump.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely agree on Silk Whitia. I bought it from Sasa as well and I have the Hydrating pack (green) and the Collagen gel pack (purple). I use these masks once a week after the Clarisonic. I absolutely love the masks!! Sometimes when my skin looks dull and tired and I have an event at night, I will go home and put on the Highly Concentrated Collagen Hydrating Mask for an hour and my face looks soooo refreshed after.

These masks can be bought at sasa for about 4usd? It's really worth a shot. Its like spa in a packet.

I just saw the sasa.com site. They are selling the masks at one for one now. Buy a box (15.20usd for 5 sheets) and get another box (the same type) for free!

Keliu - I believe there is sasa in Australia right?

yeahyeah wrote:
This isnt much of a review as I tried two different sheet masks in the past 2 weeks. They are both from sasa.com- Catena pore shrinking red wine mask and Silk Whitia whitening and moisturising mask.
The Silk Whitia are on promotion- buy one get one free- at sasa.com but I bought those ones before the promo Mad but I managed to place another order and got a few more different Silk Whitia masks.

Both the Catena and Silk Whitia are excellent and i would definately buy them again!

Catena- makes my pores smaller, evened out my skintone and any redness from my acne was eased. the sheet fitted my face perfectly and there was just enough essence in the pack.

Silk Whitia- essence was too thick and gloopy but its recommended tht you wash the mask off. The sheet was a bit big for my face but cos of the essence, the sheet stuck onto my face. However, it instantly brightened my face up, though didnt last as the morning after, my skin was just normal. However, my face wasnt as flakey as before and it looked and felt hydrated and plump.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
funkydory- Do you think you post the ingredients of those Silk Whitia masks? I want to order some more masks Very Happy

The ingredients of the masks I've got:
Catena pore shrinking mask- Cyclomethicone/dimethiconol, polydimenthylsiloxane, methylene bi benzotriazoyl, teramethylbutylphenol, menthol crystal, ro water, potassium sorbate, diazolidinyl urea and iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, IPPBC, red wine, triethanolamine, carbomer, aloe vera, licoric ext, d glucose

Silk Whitia Whitening and moistursing mask-
Sepi white MSH, hyaluronic acid collagen, vit e, vit c , NMF, propylene glycol, CMC, methyl paraben, deionised water

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 5:02 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
funkydory- Do you think you post the ingredients of those Silk Whitia masks? I want to order some more masks Very Happy

Silk Whitia Collagen Hydrating Mask
NMF Nature Moisturizing Factor, V-E, V-C, Hydrolipid matrix, stearic acid, Propylene glycol, Glyceryl monostearate

Silk Whitia Collagen Gel Mask
Essence, NMF Nature Moisturizing Factor, V-E, V-C, Hydrolipid matrix, stearic acid, Propylene glycol, Glyceryl monostearate, Lanolin
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much funkydory. Good thing I didnt get them as I try to avoid anything with stearic acid cos I *think* it breaks me out

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Thanks so much funkydory. Good thing I didnt get them as I try to avoid anything with stearic acid cos I *think* it breaks me out

I went to sasa today but couldn't find the whitening ones. I actually have the collagen gel one on my face right now! I really love them! If you could buy just one, you should try it out, maybe its not the stearic acid =p
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I went to sasa today but couldn't find the whitening ones. I actually have the collagen gel one on my face right now! I really love them! If you could buy just one, you should try it out, maybe its not the stearic acid =p

Are you in Asia? So when sasa.com has buy one get one free's, the store has this promotion too?
The whitening ones are in the blue and white packs, rather than in brightly coloured boxes. I think they're a bit more expensive, at 16USD for a box with 5 sheets. Its a tad expensive if it wasnt on promot though..so I've stocked up and bought another 2 boxes Cool
I dont think I will be buying the collagen one, as I dont want to risk it and get more breakouts on top of the pimples I have right now Sad

Sun May 24, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Bragi's Marine Enzyme Intensive Treatment Mask is a good one for "stressed, fragile or sensitive skin types" or any skin types really. Leaves my skin feeling like silk, very calm, super hydrated and a bit plumped.

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerine, Penzyme, Alcohol, Calcium Chloride, Tromethamine, Acetic Acid

I like that it is meant to be used on the entire face including the eye area and that after removal, you simply allow your face to dry (no rinsing).
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

So when sasa.com has buy one get one free's, the store has this promotion too?

Product range/prices on the sasa website seem quite different to the sasa stores in HK.

i bought a shiseido product at sasa (HK store) this week. I had looked at it on the sasa website and it was listed at HK220. Price in the store was HK203.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
^^^
Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep this in mind when I move back to HK Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
This one is expensive, but it sounds like it would be pretty good for after dermarolling.

http://shop.3lab.com/store/show/TL00086
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This one is expensive, but it sounds like it would be pretty good for after dermarolling.

This one certainly looks interesting but at $120 it's also very expensive. However, I could be tempted - except the shipping to Australia is $75.00 Shock Why do companies do this, it's such bad business to charge exorbitant international shipping fees, especially in this day and age when internet buying is so popular.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

This one certainly looks interesting but at $120 it's also very expensive. However, I could be tempted - except the shipping to Australia is $75.00 Shock Why do companies do this, it's such bad business to charge exorbitant international shipping fees, especially in this day and age when internet buying is so popular.

I thought it looked interesting, as well. But for that horrible shipping charge, I definitely don't think it would be worth it! That is awful on the shipping - over half the cost of the masks!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am dry skin type, use lotion mask with hydrosol.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Silk Whitia deeply moisturising treatment mask and I love it! It does what it claims on the pack and truly restores moisture to my dry, flakey skin. Usually, after applying Retin-A, my face feels a bit taut but whenever I've used the mask, I feel like I do not need to apply moisturiser after Retin-A.

However, I dont really know what the difference is between the "deeply moisturising treatment" and the "whitening and moisturing" masks. MY face is supple and looks brighter after usage of both these masks.

I've also bought Silk Whitia's quick action moisturising mask but I've a funny feeling that if I do not break out from it then the results will be the same as the other two masks.

Ingredients for Deeply Moisturising Treatment - collagen, ginseng extract, hydrated protein, vit e, ascorbate, NMF, propylee glycol, CMC, methyl paraben, deionised water

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Anyone tried the Scott Barnes Hydrating Mask? I googled and couldn't find the ingredients anywhere.

I'm thinking it's maybe a discontinued product, and also Scott Barnes is more about make-up than skincare, but I ordered a couple packs today anyway as Strawberry has a good deal on them at the moment...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey,, let us know what you think of the Scott Barnes masks.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |