Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Facial Exercise: Share the Process and Results
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
kimber7
5% products discount

Fri May 07, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
So I've been reading and reading...I have the Tua Visa but don't do it consistently..I just want a cleaner jawline so I was hoping to get your feedback on the best excercises for that. I know there are several.. ie. kiss the ceiling, chewing etc..
Do these really help...I'd LOVE to know your experiences...Thanks in advance.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kimber!
There is a neck exercise I am doing from CM and a jaw toner - that I LOVE from CM and they are firming up the fawline very nicely. I throw in Kiss the ceiling every now and then too. Why don't you try doing that while putting one hand around the throat and pulling down slightly to *activate* the muscles and to focus your energy into that area. Also really stretch your neck upward and engage the muscles along the jaw line if you can.

5% products discount

Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I have been trying to read through this thread as fast as I can but I only got to the 6th page and I am short on time. I am trying to improve my face without surgery, bc I am always ready to go straight for surgery, and this in the past just leads to more surgery...its getting expensive. and i think the face has more risks of turning out bad..
My problem is that I have a VERY full face. I would not say round, it is more heart shaped, bc I have really full cheeks...from right below my eyelids down to the buccal area....and i get that nasolabial line that kinda frames my cheeks. It looks like a big swoop in dim lighting. I feel like I just have one big fat pad instead of a cheek bone area. I consulted about buccal fat removal but i was told i probably had more fat under the skin than I do in the buccal fat pads.

Can anyone recommend the facial program that might work for me? Do i need something to build UP the cheek area? Will this lift the fat and lessen the folds? I read something that the exercises made the buccal area pinch in for awhile and then they built up...my goal would be to have more of a contoured pinched in look in the buccal area and the cheek area to go up and out. I was considering this ageless if you dare program but im not sure where to buy it or if its the right program for me.
I look forward to hearing anyones advice on this and I am glad to have found a new possibility.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

I think facial exercises really are fantastic (and your see my rants and raves on the forum probably), but they do take time and effort which is a disadvantage to them. Whilst they might not be as fast as surgery, I really dislike the idea of someone doing procedures to my face and cutting into healthy tissue etc.

I think you might actually like to try Tanaka massage which is supposed to be very good at slimming the face.

Read through the thread about it here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36457&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=575 and try it out (theres a free video demoing it in English on youtube linked in that thread) and see how that goes.

With facial programs, they all focus on building up all the muscles, not just the cheek ones, but do take time to learn. I think that when it comes to the cheeks, sometimes they curve in (not necessarily pinch) but there's no hard and fast rule as it seems to depend on the person concerned, their genes and lifestyles etc.

Best wishes

Theresa
whatisperfect wrote:
Hello everyone. I have been trying to read through this thread as fast as I can but I only got to the 6th page and I am short on time. I am trying to improve my face without surgery, bc I am always ready to go straight for surgery, and this in the past just leads to more surgery...its getting expensive. and i think the face has more risks of turning out bad..
My problem is that I have a VERY full face. I would not say round, it is more heart shaped, bc I have really full cheeks...from right below my eyelids down to the buccal area....and i get that nasolabial line that kinda frames my cheeks. It looks like a big swoop in dim lighting. I feel like I just have one big fat pad instead of a cheek bone area. I consulted about buccal fat removal but i was told i probably had more fat under the skin than I do in the buccal fat pads.

Can anyone recommend the facial program that might work for me? Do i need something to build UP the cheek area? Will this lift the fat and lessen the folds? I read something that the exercises made the buccal area pinch in for awhile and then they built up...my goal would be to have more of a contoured pinched in look in the buccal area and the cheek area to go up and out. I was considering this ageless if you dare program but im not sure where to buy it or if its the right program for me.
I look forward to hearing anyones advice on this and I am glad to have found a new possibility.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

with regard to feeding and maintaining muscle, does anyone use anything like a protein powder (like what body builders use) to help build muscle? I am finding it really hard to build muscle lately, and even if I do see a build, it is normally gone during the days I am taking a break from facial exercise.

I had a great build from FE a couple of years back, than I stopped to try ageless (which really didn't suit me) and the position and muscle tone of my cheek area has never recovered. I ensure I do get plenty of protein in my diet, but this doesn't seem to be enough. I am therefore thinking of trying a protein supplement, but needless to say do not want to add any bulk anywhere else - lol,

Jackie xx
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

with regard to feeding and maintaining muscle, does anyone use anything like a protein powder (like what body builders use) to help build muscle? I am finding it really hard to build muscle lately, and even if I do see a build, it is normally gone during the days I am taking a break from facial exercise.

I had a great build from FE a couple of years back, than I stopped to try ageless (which really didn't suit me) and the position and muscle tone of my cheek area has never recovered. I ensure I do get plenty of protein in my diet, but this doesn't seem to be enough. I am therefore thinking of trying a protein supplement, but needless to say do not want to add any bulk anywhere else - lol,

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie! I use whey protein in my smoothie in the morning, and then after wts/aerobic body ex. I believe it does help with muscle gain. I've noticed it has, along with the cheek exercises, helped me gain some fullness:
ImageImage
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
thanks pleiades!

is this still ok to take if I am not someone who does weight training etc? I'm worried about gaining weight with something like this, which is whjy I have out off trying it in the past. However, the lack of build I am experiencing is causing me great frustration,

thanks for your help

Jackie xx
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
thanks pleiades!

is this still ok to take if I am not someone who does weight training etc? I'm worried about gaining weight with something like this, which is whjy I have out off trying it in the past. However, the lack of build I am experiencing is causing me great frustration,

thanks for your help

Jackie xx

You most certainly can take whey protein whether or not you are weight training.
Well, one (supplied cup in product)scoop (on average) of Whey Protein will add about 140 calories. So in order to maintain your weight, you'd cut out other foodstuffs which equal 140 cal...but if you're cutting out extra carbs as well as adding the protein, then you should see muscle build as well as some nominal fat loss. As far as isolated muscle gain, I'm assuming, just like fat, that one's body is pre-disposed as to where it would see *bigger* gains. I'm not a scientist so, hopefully, members here, who are, will comment.Smile I honestly think it would be worth a trial for you, Jackie.
lipper
5% products discount

Thu May 20, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recently added 2 scoops of whey protein powder to my diet. I get the kind from Vitamin World. It's only 100 calories a scoop. I find it helps me have more energy for exercise, so I figure I burn it off anyway.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
pleiades wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie! I use whey protein in my smoothie in the morning, and then after wts/aerobic body ex. I believe it does help with muscle gain. I've noticed it has, along with the cheek exercises, helped me gain some fullness:
ImageImage

Hi Pleides - so kind of you to share pictures. Always love that here on EDS. I do see a change in the ones you have shared. You are so lovely!

I agree if you add a certain amount of protein (or any nutrient) you need to decrease in another area to not have added calories and increase weight!

I see this as a problem (particulary with men) who think they are going to build muscle by adding "protein" drinks and really they only end up adding calories and the extra calories aren't necessary for the muscle build. There's only so much extra protein we can all use. A real body builder does have the need but most of us do not. Quality protein is important though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
whatisperfect wrote:

Hello whatisperfect.
Below is the link to a lovely facial contouring massage which will help. It is in Japanese but the version I'm sending is dubbed over in English - it is a marvelous way to tone, lift and gently slim the face.

I hope you love it....

Sis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI&feature=PlayList&p=3E2EE7549E97F563&index=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 am      Reply with quote
whatisperfect

Your see that this is the same link I posted to you. I know your concerned over this, but your posting the same thing in a few places and it will get extremely confusing for you in doing so. I do wish you all the best truly, but know like you when I first got here I got myself confused doing the same, and wish someone had advised me like I'm advising you!

Theresa
sister sweets wrote:
whatisperfect wrote:

Hello whatisperfect.
Below is the link to a lovely facial contouring massage which will help. It is in Japanese but the version I'm sending is dubbed over in English - it is a marvelous way to tone, lift and gently slim the face.

I hope you love it....

Sis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI&feature=PlayList&p=3E2EE7549E97F563&index=0
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 2:21 am      Reply with quote
thanks again pleiades,

do you take it every day, even on rest days?

I spoke to the sales assistant and explained that I was worried about gaining weight with this, and she advised it would just feed the muscle. The one I have is about 98 cals per serving and is low carb. I suppose I can just try it an see how I get on. I've noticed aswell as not building muscle very well, they are exhausting really easily too, to the point I have a gaunt look the next day. I have tried so many vairations of rest days in between exercises, and still the results are the same,

thanks again guys,

Jackie xx
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Hi Pleides - so kind of you to share pictures. Always love that here on EDS. I do see a change in the ones you have shared. You are so lovely!

I agree if you add a certain amount of protein (or any nutrient) you need to decrease in another area to not have added calories and increase weight!

I see this as a problem (particulary with men) who think they are going to build muscle by adding "protein" drinks and really they only end up adding calories and the extra calories aren't necessary for the muscle build. There's only so much extra protein we can all use. A real body builder does have the need but most of us do not. Quality protein is important though.

Aw, thanks, Sis! Cool

I definitely agree that quality protein is important!
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
thanks again pleiades,

do you take it every day, even on rest days?

I spoke to the sales assistant and explained that I was worried about gaining weight with this, and she advised it would just feed the muscle. The one I have is about 98 cals per serving and is low carb. I suppose I can just try it an see how I get on. I've noticed aswell as not building muscle very well, they are exhausting really easily too, to the point I have a gaunt look the next day. I have tried so many vairations of rest days in between exercises, and still the results are the same,

thanks again guys,

Jackie xx

No problem, Jackie!

Yes, I do take one scoop in the smoothie I have everyday as my breakfast meal. If I am weightlifting and/or cardio on the same day, I will usually have a water bottle (and another 1 scoop mixed in) with me. I sip throughout workout then consume most after.

You say your muscles are *exhausting* easily, you could try the 'sip as you go' routine. Perhaps take a sip after each exercise(full sets of reps), it would refuel it a bit I would think?
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I thought I'd post here. I've been doing FE on my eyes for a couple months and FE is really my favorite program, but, due to time constraints, decided to give Ageless a try. I do Ageless in this way:

Day 1 Monday (plus FE eyes and bridge of nose)
Day 2 Tuesday "
Day 1 Wedesday "
Day 2 Thursday "
Day 1 and 2 Friday "
rest Saturday (no exercises)
rest Sunday (no exercises)

Three days a week I do the Tanaka massage

Anyhow, I am surprised because after 2 months of Ageless, a "dent" that was going to become a smile line right outside the N/l area on my left side of my face is nearly gone! The shadow is completely gone of it in my bathroom mirror, and its nearly gone in direct sun, too. I have no clue which exercise has done this, but woo hoo! I've been upset about it since I first noticed the area last year.

In all fairness, I have also been trying to retrain myself not to sleep on my stomach, but I still do. That may also be contributing to that area as I do sleep on that side of face on the pillow when on my stomach. But, just giving up stomach sleeping before didn't make a difference.
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I have tried all three programs.

I still do not look fabolous unfortunately.
Which is very unfortunate as I hate plastic surgery. Over 55 it can make you look younger, but under 55 you may end up look "done". I also hate the idea, that someone throws a bit of my facial skin into the garbage.

Doing all these programs I did not experience great results with the eye area and NL folds.

But they are great for preventing fine lines, turtle neck. I actually reversed mine, although it took years.

Honestly Facercise made my face a bit more gaunt, as I lost facial fat, but I still do Carole's nose exercise.
What I did not like about Flexeffect that it somehow tends to overbuild the lower part of the face, I looked a bit manly when I did it vigorously.
I prefer Ageless of all, as it builds great cheeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing facial exercises for three years and I have experimented with each program by itself(meaning not adding other programs in) and then I have done cherry picking(a little of some from each program). For me at 55 there is no better choice than the new third edition of Flexeffect. I did struggle with the second edition because of not being able to see all the exercises demonstrated(I found I was doing some incorrectly). Now having used the third edition I am absolutely thrilled with my results. I have actually just had a breakthrough and am seeing results from using the new program solely for the last six weeks. The jowls are almost completely gone,marionette issues gone, n/l improved in a major way to where it is a non issue. I am doing only three reps of the exercises which makes it super quick and no problem with over build(which I had with the second edition)and I was doing way more reps with that edition. The dvd is so GOOD with the third edition I look forward to doing it because it is like having a private trainer working with me. I truly look like I have had a natural face lift to my face. I am not into posting pictures of my total face here for privacy reasons, and some other reasons.... but trust me I am my own worst critic and if I am this pleased....the improvement is 100% there. Dancing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Toby... so cool!

I'm glad to hear that your are STILL seeing changes. It's amazing how our bodies can be fine tuned for YEARS!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
(I'm literally just back from a 3 week spiritual retreat in the woods and about to embark on another month long retreat in the low mountains...but couldn't resist checking in here today!)

Toby,

Are you including the lower face FE exercises also?

In the past i believe that you had posted that your lower face was overbuilt from doing the FE exercises..

and doing Ageless ..at that time.. alleviated that particular 'look'....

is that because you were doing the lower face FE exercises incorrectly?

i've been avoiding doing the fE lower face exercises but am now very intrigued by your improvement in your lower face (jowls, etc)...

(although from the photos i've seen of you...honestly hard to imagine you needing more improvement!!!)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
(I'm literally just back from a 3 week spiritual retreat in the woods and about to embark on another month long retreat in the low mountains...but couldn't resist checking in here today!)

Toby,

Are you including the lower face FE exercises also?

In the past i believe that you had posted that your lower face was overbuilt from doing the FE exercises..

and doing Ageless ..at that time.. alleviated that particular 'look'....

is that because you were doing the lower face FE exercises incorrectly?

i've been avoiding doing the fE lower face exercises but am now very intrigued by your improvement in your lower face (jowls, etc)...

(although from the photos i've seen of you...honestly hard to imagine you needing more improvement!!!)

Kind of you to say that I might not need improvement but the 50's can be a downward slide if one is not proactive. The jouney of facial exercises has been interesting for me because I have put my heart into beating the aging game with facial exercises. Yes I did overbuild with the 2nd edition of Flexeffect and I was doing some exercises incorrectly. I opted to try Ageless and at first losing the lower face build was wonderful and I had hopes that this program would be perfect for me....but five months into it the jowls and marionettes returned....nasty burgers Laughing So with the new Flexeffect edition I have gone slowly and doing only three reps I have lifted things up and all is well. Also I know without a doubt that I am doing the exercises correctly because all are demonstrated....I really benefit from the visuals and doing the program right along side of a trainer. I am actually amazed at what has been accomplished because the lower face is really difficult to lift. Thanks for asking the question because I had to journey through this troubled area to discover what really would give me the lift needed.....and maybe others can benefit from what I have learned. My skin is thicker and sag can be the result if I am not doing exercises to counter it. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks so much Toby, i do have the 3rd edition FE program and now i will begin to slowly incorporate the lower face exercises too.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby and others for letting us know the advantages and disadvantages of multiple programs. Its awesome to be able to learn from your experiences!

I really can't wait to get the third edition of FE. I was especially excited that she included a 12 minute video for those short on time. That was my sole reason for trying Ageless- time constraints. I am finding that right now its easy for me to do Ageless. I can't say about success yet- other than that my lower face seems to be lifted and I *think* my upper cheeks look better. we will see! Its just so easy of a program and so quick, that I don't have the impatience I had with FE's prior program which took me 35 to 40 minutes to complete. But now they have corrected that by including a short! I'm so enthusiasm for that.

Claudia, you guys should post more on FB. Smile Maybe a daily muscle tip? Even "drink more water!" reminds us to take car of ourselves on our social network.

I am going to give Ageless 6-8 months, and then around Christmas see if I can HINT for FE third edition from my husband (I want this and the light stim). I figure by then I might have more time to dedicate to a program, and also, I'll be built up enough to try some of the more complex stuff like the jarring!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Wings... I hope to get FB more "with it"... Lots of balls in the air, and although I can juggle several... it's gettin' a little crazy...LOL!

Also... just an FYI... the 12 min "video" that your refer to is NOT VISUAL... It's AUDIO...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Also...

I would like to add:

In my experience you don't USUALLY want to ignore a muscle group... You may want to go light to avoid over build and that's something you learn about your face in the same way you would your body.

And really this is for the same reason you wouldn't do that with any body part. (Well... I'm sure many fail to exercise their bodies on the whole...) But that, as you know, tends to earn you a flabby body. And if you are the body type that builds quads and glutes TOO easily (looking bulky an perhaps fat in the wrong clothing), then you go light... you engage them... but you don't challenge them to the nth degree...as it's NOT NECESSARY

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |