Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: ARUBIX Anti-Redness Cream (Rosacea)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I originally posted this as a reply on a thread on the skincare forum but decided to post it here too in case any one missed it.

I just wanted to say that I have recently discovered a product called 'Arubix' made by Sicobel Labs. It is an anti redness cream containing Golden Chamomile. Double blind trials/clinical studies have found it to be very effective on redness/couperose/rosacea. It comes in 3 formulations - one for dry/sensitive skin, one for normal/combination skin and an SPF 50+.

I decided to give it a try in desperation and have been using it about three weeks.

Now I wasn't going to post until I was sure it wasn't coincidence as the studies show that usage over a period of 10 - 12 weeks shows optimal results but I have decided to share my experience as I know how distressing the redness can be.

First I would like to add a caveat that my rosacea/couperose is not a severe form - I get very red cheeks which show some small capillaries when it is flushed and I recently begun to get a few break outs; I am prone to break outs on my T Zone but this was different and on my cheeks. My GP said there was nothing she could do for the redness and to avoid triggers. I have always been prone to blushing and have had redness previously but have usually been able to remove the cause from my skin care routine (I have previously used glycolics and other actives without reaction). However this year my skin rebelled (following a great deal of stress) and went red on my cheeks, dry and flaky all over while oily at the the same time. If I treated one condition it aggravated the other, I tried basic stuff like cutting out all actives and just using a mild Ph balanced cleanser and emu oil and while this didn't make things worse it didn't improve things either.

After doing several google searches and following a disappointing visit to my GP I found the Arubix and so ordered the 'S' version (dry sensitive).

I found the texture to be light, soothing and no greasy. It sinks straight in and my skin felt calmed. I use twice a day. By day 2 I woke up and gingerly looked int he mirror expecting the usual morning 'extra red' that takes most of the day to fade and to my surprise the redness had faded! Now this can happen occasionally anyway so I tried not to get too excited. Long story short my dry flakiness has gone, my breakouts have healed and the more to the point the redness has practically gone! I have had one flush a week (upon waking)in the first few weeks (am starting my 4th) but they have faded much more quickly and I find if I blush at work or get hot my skin returns to normal much more quickly. So far this week apart from a small flush yesterday morning (which faded in less than an hour) my skin has been fine.

I would definitely give this a go - I don't know how effective it would be on severe or long standing Rosacea (I don't think it will remove visible capillaries for example) but it does seem to help with the over all redness.

At £20ish per tube (here in the UK) I figure it was worth a shot and so far the gamble has paid off. I have found things that have helped before but usually the results have been short term (days) so I am optimistic that the Arubix is going to continue to be effective - will update as to progress.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Update - I am now half way through my second tube of this and I am delighted (and somewhat surprised!) to report that this has sent my mild Rosacea into almost total remission - I have had one minor flush on my 'worst' cheek in three weeks!
This cleared in record time and as an added bonus the arubix also seems to help fade those PIH (red scars) left by blemishes, a lot more quickly too.
Improvement wasn't dramatic or immediate (although the cream made my skin feel soothed and cool immediately) it was gradual over several weeks which tallies with the observations made at the clinical trials which were carried out over a 10 week period.

It began with a reduction in the severity of flushes followed by a noticeable reduction in recovery time post flush. Later I noticed a reduction in the overall diffuse redness until it was just some localised areas where my capillaries are damaged. Now even my broken capillaries are less noticeable and I only need a dab of concealer (which I can now use again!) to hide them.
I am now able to use some 'normal' skincare too (Nude Cleansing Milk and Hydrating Spray plus Avene Sunscreen) without my skin acting up and looking like a beacon! I have only been able to tolerate filtered water and E45 to wash with, Avene Water spray and Emu Oil for ages! (And the E45 made me break out and I found the Emu oil wasn't a great make up base - I only use Mineral Makeup usually though now I can use Laura Mercier Concealer again too!).

I am hoping to begin to use my 'Nude' moisturiser in the day instead of the Arubix at some point, and use the Arubix just at night...but its working so well I am nervous about changing anything!

Great product - just hope it continues to work.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you find this, Lucia? Seems hard to find online.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
You can get it from here:

http://www.nutrivea-usa.com/arubix_s_anti_redness_cream.htm
or
http://www.bcombio.co.uk/acatalog/Arubix_Anti-Redness.html

HTH's
Smile

Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Lucia! I could only find the nutrivea site so it's great to see the other site you posted.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia, do you use it before, after or instead of moisturizer/actives? Or is that the only product you use?
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I use it as my moisturiser - my skin has been so sensitive I have been unable to use anything else, however recently I have been able to use sunscreen again and other products (see my post of Jun 16th).

It is a very pleasant product to use so I don't mind.

HTH's Smile

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |