Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Choosing next step in skincare investment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SjDesignGirl

Thu May 14, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! I need help choosing the next step in my skincare regimen. I'm turning 40 this year and have had relatively good skin until now (Mom says I have typical 'Irish' skin whatever that means).
Anyhow, all the sun damage is starting to show... uneven skin tone and wee patches of darker pigmented skin plus crazy sized pores! Good Grief, I thought all the investment in products over the past 20 years would prevent this stuff. Nope. SUNSCREEN would have been the BEST investment.
Currently, I'm using JUARA skincare along with CELLEX-C and sometimes switch over to CAUDALIE products and then add in department store (Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Lancome..) misc stuff too. Ok, I'm not overly committed to one particular line. I want to know if I should invest in a CLARISONIC system or jump into GLYMED to attack the uneven skin + pore size? I'm an EDS Forum newbie and would appreciate your advice. Thanks!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Clarisonic is always a good investment no matter what i think!!

What do you think of Caudalie products? I am thinking of getting them
SjDesignGirl

Thu May 14, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Caudalie is very refreshing... my skin feels clean, tight and alive! However, it can be a bit intense sometimes (not great if you have very sensitive skin). I love the scent of each product; FRESH, delicate, not overpowering. I always keep some 'CONTOUR CREAM - EYES AND LIPS in my gym bag as it's great for a quick fix/lift around eyes (and mouth, if dried out from training). Definitely a FAVORITE from the line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
thats great. claudalie is having -50% off now, as well as vichy, la roche posay etc so i am stocking up for 5 years! LOL
plain and simple
5% products discount

Thu May 14, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
thats great. claudalie is having -50% off now, as well as vichy, la roche posay etc so i am stocking up for 5 years! LOL

Where is this sale?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
SjDesignGirl wrote:
Hi Everyone! I need help choosing the next step in my skincare regimen. I'm turning 40 this year and have had relatively good skin until now (Mom says I have typical 'Irish' skin whatever that means).
Anyhow, all the sun damage is starting to show... uneven skin tone and wee patches of darker pigmented skin plus crazy sized pores! Good Grief, I thought all the investment in products over the past 20 years would prevent this stuff. Nope. SUNSCREEN would have been the BEST investment.
Currently, I'm using JUARA skincare along with CELLEX-C and sometimes switch over to CAUDALIE products and then add in department store (Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Lancome..) misc stuff too. Ok, I'm not overly committed to one particular line. I want to know if I should invest in a CLARISONIC system or jump into GLYMED to attack the uneven skin + pore size? I'm an EDS Forum newbie and would appreciate your advice. Thanks!!

I'd like to suggest that you invest in a good Vitamin C product, one that contains l-ascorbic acid. It could help even your skin out and diminish pigmentation. It also offers added sunscreen protection.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:32 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I'd like to suggest that you invest in a good Vitamin C product, one that contains l-ascorbic acid. It could help even your skin out and diminish pigmentation. It also offers added sunscreen protection.

I've been wondering about this question for a while-- is it specifically C that has additional sun-screening properties, or would any antioxidant layered under sunscreen add to more protection? TIA!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 1:26 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
jom wrote:

I've been wondering about this question for a while-- is it specifically C that has additional sun-screening properties, or would any antioxidant layered under sunscreen add to more protection? TIA!

Am I getting mixed up but I thought that Vit C makes you more sensitive to the sun and you have to be extra careful to put strong sunscreen on your skin when you use Vit C?

I read that pearl cream has sun protection property.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
plain and simple wrote:
calorblind wrote:

Where is this sale?

its in France Very Happy
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
jom wrote:

It is specifically Vitamin C that gives added sun protection.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
fat_swan wrote:
jom wrote:

Am I getting mixed up but I thought that Vit C makes you more sensitive to the sun and you have to be extra careful to put strong sunscreen on your skin when you use Vit C?

I read that pearl cream has sun protection property.

Vitamin C does not make you more sensitive to the sun, it gives you added sun protection.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Jom for setting me straight. Very Happy I guess I got confused from reading in another thread about how C combats oxidation of sunscreen when used during the day and builds collagen production during the night, but is too much to apply both day and night.. Confused For the life of me I can't seem to find that thread, ugh!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sjdesigngirl,
I agree that a clarisonic would be a good investment for your skincare regimen. I really enjoy using mine. I don't think my skin has ever been cleaner and I feel like products are better absorbed into my skin thus working more efficiently. Have fun buying new products Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies, I have an off topic question -- regarding clarisonic. There is always some unpleasant smell when I use it recently. I cleaned it every time after i used it. During the winter time, there was no bad smell at all. I thought it may be due for a new brush since i bought it 3 month ago, so I purchased a new head, but still smells not good when i use it the next time. Any one know how to fix the problem? Sad TIA
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Boy! You've got me on that one! I've never had that happen with my clarisonic (I've had mine for about three months). Do you think the smell could be coming from the charger? Just a thought.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
fat_swan wrote:
jom wrote:

It is specifically Vitamin C that gives added sun protection.

I second this..I would most definitely get a good vit c over the Clarisonc. I have a I have had my Clarisonic for about a yr now and I do like it but don't love it. It's ok but I don't think it has done much for my face..good or bad...
Lou
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
what do u think of this product?

http://www.idenov.com/idenovuk.html

It says 20% vit. C with glyco C complex
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 17, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
no, i am sure the smell is not from the charger. it is from the brush. i am even thinking of blow-drying the brush.Confused

kims wrote:
Boy! You've got me on that one! I've never had that happen with my clarisonic (I've had mine for about three months). Do you think the smell could be coming from the charger? Just a thought.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 05, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Clear Skin Relief Power Duo (40 ml) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |