Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Home remedies for dark rings - finding the perfect cure!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I really want to rid of my dark rings. I have tried everything and spent lots of money on eye creams, unfortunately, NOTHING works.

Here is a list of home remedies which I I have found on the internet I really hope these work!

I have started with the gelatin treatment with the hot and cold towels. I'll update end of this week to see if there are any improvements.

You girls can try them too and we'll compare notes at the end of it.

1. Tea Bag Treatment
Try applying a cold compress of rosemary tea to increase circulation, which helps reduce swelling around the eyes. Make tea by bringing a half-cup of fresh rosemary and a quart of water to a boil. Steep for 20 minutes, then strain and chill. Soak a washcloth in the tea, ring out extra liquid anal place over eyes for 15 to 20 minutes, once a day, as needed.

2 Acupressure
Another circulation-boosting treatment is acupressure. This is an easy exercise that you can also do every day. Close your eyes and gently press your ring finger underneath one eye, moving from the inside corner to the outside corner. Do this 10 to 15 times. Then repeat on the other eye.

3 Cold compress
Close your eyes and cover them with a cold washcloth for about five minutes. Repeat several times throughout the day. That will help constrict your blood vessels, minimizing darkness, and it may help minimize tissue swelling and eliminate some of the darkness.

4 Moisturizer
To minimize the appearance of bags, plump up skin with moisturizer, one that contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that protects skin cells from damage and supports collagen production; licorice (or fennel) extract, an anti-inflammatory; and stabilized oxygen, a form of hydrogen peroxide that promotes circulation.

5 Freeze some parsley in ice cubes. Use the parsley cubes instead of eye creams to diminish dark circles and puffiness. Parsley is packed with chlorophyll which helps fade darkness, while the ice cubes reduce the swelling.

6 Potato/Cucumber combinations are helpful.

* Close your eyes and cover eyelids with slices of raw potato or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply a cream.
* Grate a cucumber, squeeze to take out its juice and refrigerate. Make a mixture of lemon juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice and apply around the eye for 10-15 minutes.
* Dip some cotton in a 1:1 mixture of potato and cucumber juices. Put the cotton on your eyelids and keep for 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water.

7 Lemon/Tomato combinations are helpful.

* Apply a mixture of lemon and tomato juice(equal parts) on the black circles 2 times a day.
* Make a paste out of the following:
o 1 tsp. tomato juice,
o 1/2 tsp. lemon juice,
o a pinch of turmeric powder, and
o 1 tsp. of flour.
Apply around eyes. Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing.

8 Apply crushed mint around the eye.

9 Massage with almond oil under and around eyes at bed time daily for 2 weeks and see the improvement. Almond helps to remove dark circles, and is an excellent "skin food".

10 Vitamin E
Rub the area with a powdered Vitamin E capsule and wipe off with a mixture of honey and egg white.

11 Put hot and cold cloths alternatively under eyes for 10 minutes. Then apply some almond oil on the dark surface before going to bed.

12 Smooth Puffy Eyes with Egg White: Astringent egg white tightens your pores and reduces puffiness. Additionally, its high concentration of the B vitamins promotes circulation and reduces inflammation. Check with the farm that produces your eggs to make sure they have been tested for Salmonella, a bacteria that can cause serious infections, cautions Annie Berthold-Bond, the Rhinebeck, N.Y.-based author of Better Basics for the Home (Three Rivers Press, 1999). Use your fingers to dab 1/2 teaspoon of one raw egg white onto the clean, dry skin around your eyes, avoiding your eyes themselves. Leave it on until it dries, about 15 minutes. Then rinse the area well with warm water and wash your hands with soap and water.

http://www.naturaleyecare.com/pub-darkeyes.asp
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice, thanks a lot...

I wanted to add that you can also mix 1/4 tsp gelatin to 2 tablespoons water and with a brush wipe it on dark circles, wait till it sets and wash off.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 5:34 am      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
Very nice, thanks a lot...

I wanted to add that you can also mix 1/4 tsp gelatin to 2 tablespoons water and with a brush wipe it on dark circles, wait till it sets and wash off.

Have you tried this yourself? Smile
Sounds interesting and easy. (If it works)

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm also trying the gelatin mask along with the hot cold therapy. After this week I'll give a report... so far... not much difference yet.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
We have a thread going on a very good product line for this problem. Dark circles correct? This is both an instant solution as well as some cumulative effects. Not just for the darkness either. It is an instant smoothing serum to smooth out the worst wrinkles under the eyes. I even had bad side effects from Restylane injections years ago and you see from the second post it smoothed out the bumps and puffiness I had.

I can't post the exact page ladies so you have to go to page 16 to see mine and Page 21 has toby's results from months of using it. Scroll down to see pics on each thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=500

Here is more on the product. And yes those are my eyes in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZachEyeSolutions

Good Stuff!
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
We have a thread going on a very good product line for this problem. Dark circles correct? This is both an instant solution as well as some cumulative effects. Not just for the darkness either. It is an instant smoothing serum to smooth out the worst wrinkles under the eyes. I even had bad side effects from Restylane injections years ago and you see from the second post it smoothed out the bumps and puffiness I had.

I can't post the exact page ladies so you have to go to page 16 to see mine and Page 21 has toby's results from months of using it. Scroll down to see pics on each thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32702&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=500

Here is more on the product. And yes those are my eyes in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZachEyeSolutions

Good Stuff!

I don't think this address the same thing here. These homemade treatment are meant as a cure as I understand, to really affect the dark circles, not just a reflecting serum on top.
And many of you use a concealer to add to this Zach product..?
If the Illuminating serum would take away the darkness under the eyes, why use a concealer on top of a great product?

I still haven't seen pictures of eyes without this product after a longer time of use. If there are any difference in the skins texture. The pictures Zach provides, are only with the product on...

I'm not saying this isn't a good product, but its not a miracle product that takes away all the darkness. A miracle product wouldn't have a need for extra concealing, in my opinion.

And yes, I have used this Zach product for two months now, and no difference in the skins texture so far. and the Illuminating serum don't consel my dark circles. I have to use a concealer as usual. I don't have major problems with wrinkles, so in that case I can't have an opinion. But regarding the dark circles, no change so far.

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I did email Zach about it. He said that his products are mainly to reduce the appearance of eye bags and that the treatment for dark rings varies so much that he is unable to give me a guarantee that it will help me.

This is why I decided to try out all the home remedies available and posted it in the DIY section.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I did email Zach about it. He said that his products are mainly to reduce the appearance of eye bags and that the treatment for dark rings varies so much that he is unable to give me a guarantee that it will help me.

This is why I decided to try out all the home remedies available and posted it in the DIY section.

If he can't guarantee any result, he should not write this about the product on his website.

" effectively treats moderate to severe under-eye dark circles. With continued use, the under-eye tissue becomes stronger."

That gives me the impression that it can really help severe circles..
so far, I have seen non posting of a after picture (without the serums on), neither Zach YouTube films, or elsewhere.

wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:

I still haven't seen pictures of eyes without this product after a longer time of use. If there are any difference in the skins texture. The pictures Zach provides, are only with the product on...

I wish I could have posted the exact page link with Toby's pictures. But it only allowed me to post the main link for the thread so I asked for you to go to page 21 and that has her without any serum on. There was one picture taken before starting the serum and one 3 months later. BOTH WITHOUT SERUM ON. I know it would have been easier not to look through the pages but that was all I could do.

I don't think anyone said it was a miracle. This is one of the hardest problems to cure and who knows if there is one? There are so many reasons people have dark circles. Zach can't guarantee someone will be rid of dark circles using his treatment if theirs is caused by lack of sleep or some other deficiency by their own lifestyle and they do nothing to change, but only use the serum. THAT would be irresponsible of him to do and he is anything but dishonest and irresponsible.

But it has helped a lot of people who stuck with it to effectively treat their dark circles. I don't think "effectively treat" means "completely cure" But from what I have heard from those who HAVE tried it all, this has been THE most effective.

So that is that. I won't post anymore because this is thread for those searching for something homemade but I just had to comment one last time.

Thanks
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Toby did take photos without the serum on. I just know know if its justified to spend so much for a 'maybe'. If I had serious bags I will def try it. But I really wanna exhaust all means fore paying so much for that.

So far, I think the hot cold treatment is improving my rings a little. But I can't do it everyday cause my eyes are sensitive and it gets itchy. I'm doing it every other day. The gelatin doesn't really help much though.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I'm also trying the gelatin mask along with the hot cold therapy. After this week I'll give a report... so far... not much difference yet.

Funky, can you tell me how the gelatin mask works - what do you do, what are the ingredients? Sorry if yu have posted this somewhere before...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Butcher's Broom Root Extract is the best thing I know of to improve venous insufficiency/circulation. It's most often taken as a supplement, but I've linked you to the liquid extract (in a glycerin base), which you could try mixing a few drops of it, into a a non silicone serum..

If it were me, I would try a drop or two mixed with a few drops of water, and take it from there. If you want to step it up a notch, you could easily make a simple serum with water, green tea extract a few drops of the Butcher's Broom + more glycerin..

http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon/questp428454/jornada34866974/viewsubsub100594/viewgroup109064

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
funkydory wrote:

Funky, can you tell me how the gelatin mask works - what do you do, what are the ingredients? Sorry if yu have posted this somewhere before...

Someone else posted this recipe in another thread, so I'm just copying but here goes.

1/4 tsp of gelatin
1 tbsp boiling water

I take a small saucer and mix the 2 together. It doesn't totally blend. But when most of it is transparent, I use my fingers and place the lower part of the mixture (the slightly gooey part) and pat that on my under eye. I repeat this about 3 times on each eye, and throw the rest of the solution away.

After a while, the solution will sort of form a film on your under eye. I leave it on for about 20min then later wash it off using my cleanser.

I have been doing this for a week and my dark rings are slightly improving. But I think I attribute it more to the hot and cold treatment. I take 2 glasses, one with 2 ice cubes and water, the other with warm/hot water. I take a piece of cotton square and place it in the warm water, then slowly pat it on my eye to warm up the area. Sometimes the water is too hot, so I just place it a slight distance from my under eye. After the whole area is nice and warm, I take an ice cube and gently rub it in the same area, making note not too leave the cube on one area for too long. I then repeat the warm treatment and do each treatment 3 times per eye. (I do this first, then put the gelatin)

There is a slight improvement and I'm really happy =p

Kassy_A wrote:
Butcher's Broom Root Extract is the best thing I know of to improve venous insufficiency/circulation. It's most often taken as a supplement, but I've linked you to the liquid extract (in a glycerin base), which you could try mixing a few drops of it, into a a non silicone serum..

If it were me, I would try a drop or two mixed with a few drops of water, and take it from there. If you want to step it up a notch, you could easily make a simple serum with water, green tea extract a few drops of the Butcher's Broom + more glycerin..

http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon/questp428454/jornada34866974/viewsubsub100594/viewgroup109064

I gotta try this too Kassy! You're always great with all the ingredients and 9usd is pretty reasonable.
havana8

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
re-posting & bumping for MummyOf2

MummyOf2 wrote:
I am pale skinned its TERRIBLE because the bags under my eyes are often very noticeable and my face doesn't like makeup Mad I find it hard to get a good foundation (in fact never found one) that will last me more than an hour before I look a ghosty again!

So does anyone have any tips? I seen the crytal eye pen thread but nobody seemed to have an update.

http://www.crystalcleareyepen.com/
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |