Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin79 Super+ BB Cream Gold
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all the hype from Asia about BB Creams I had to try some for myself. I had a look around and decided on the Skin79 Super+ BB Cream Gold. As well as acting as a light foundation it claims to offer 3 benefits; Whitening, UV Protection and Wrinkle Improvement. BB Cream is based on a treatment cream originally created in Germany to help with healing post plastic surgery and it is said that long term use of it will improve the skin. It is a silicone based product to which they have added a host of skin boosting ingredients including Arbutin for the touted whitening and gold (not quite sure what skincare benefit that provides) as well various plant extracts etc.
The product comes out a pale beige colour but the longer you leave it on your skin it seems to oxidise to a colour that is very natural. I think that it would really only work well for pale to medium skin tones especially those with olive/yellow undertones.
While this product doesn't really fit my ideal of natural skincare I must say I am impressed. It goes on very natural and does a great job to even out the skin tone and smoothing over enlarged pores and fine lines. It even worked well at covering my dark circles and the best thing is that it looks like you have nothing on, it's just like your own skin. It does have a degree of build-ability but it doesn't cover up very dark marks or have much effect on more serious texture issues. I have a few whiteheads / milia and the cream does little to hide them but no make up can really hide them. I also had a few flakies and dry patches and this wasn't helped by the BB Cream but I just exfoliated, moisturised and reapplied and it went on a lot better. I normally always use loose powder over make up if I am wearing it but I think the BB Cream looks better without as it has a sort of matte but slightly dewy finish which is flattering to the skin.
I can't stress enough how natural this product looks. I have an aversion to artifice and as a result tend to avoid make up but this really looks like I have nothing on at all, just natural even toned skin.

As much as I like this product so far I am hesitant to use it daily as I am concerned that a product with such a high silicone content will lead to more blocked pores and bumps over time which is something I've heard BB Cream can do although others claim that regular use of the cream improved their skin dramatically. I think I will stick to using it occasionally for the moment though.

I ordered mine via eBay from a seller based in South Korea and paid about £13 for it which I think is a good price for the cream. I should say that I have little experience of various foundations and in particular primers so I can't compare this product to that sort of thing although I have seen BB Cream compared to Laura Mercer Tinted Moisturiser several times. My feeling is that it sort of does quadruple duty as primer / light foundation / treatment serum / sunscreen which for the cash isn't bad at all.

I definitely recommend that you give this a go!
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Which brand you used?and Where to buy it?
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to jump in, but I absolutely love bb creams as well. They act as a tinted moisturizer and makes your pores real small.

I believe pandora77 bought the Skin79 BB cream from Ebay. I personally use BRTC brand cause they were one of the first to come out with a BB cream and I LOVE the Jasmine water one.

It will be good to do a search on various brands of BB creams as most of them only come in one colour. If you are fair toned, I really recommend the BRTC Jasmine water bb cream, its kinda hard to get though, but I believe they are available on ebay.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes I did buy the Skin79 BB cream from ebay I can pm you the name of the seller but if you do a seach you will see many various BB Creams on ebay. I don't think that EDS stock such a product just yet. I think I will try other brands of BB cream in the future but at the moment I will stick with the Skin79 BB Cream as I don't often wear make up.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:45 am      Reply with quote
imomoko.com sells a range of korean and japanese BB creams, they can also do CPs

if you google 'lotuspalace' blog, she buys myriads of BB creams and reviews them, i believe she buys them direct on ebay, or from facial-shop.
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
Sorry to jump in, but I absolutely love bb creams as well. They act as a tinted moisturizer and makes your pores real small.

I believe pandora77 bought the Skin79 BB cream from Ebay. I personally use BRTC brand cause they were one of the first to come out with a BB cream and I LOVE the Jasmine water one.

It will be good to do a search on various brands of BB creams as most of them only come in one colour. If you are fair toned, I really recommend the BRTC Jasmine water bb cream, its kinda hard to get though, but I believe they are available on ebay.

it is a Korea brand and may be you can buy it from Amazon~~ Smile Smile
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your so detailed review!

I have read other reviews concerning skin79, most raving about it. The website adambeauty.com also provide a lot of Japanese and korean brands. You could buy samples to try.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Skin79 Gold Label BB cream since last April. Smile I like it too but I can't use it when the weather is hot and humid in the summer time.

I like to use BB cream instead of sunscreen while on holiday. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I haven't try this brand but I am using BRTC Jasmine water and I like it very much.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review i want to try this one out
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Lohashill
Blemish Balm cream
B.B. Cream

$10.00 or so!!
Embarassed Korean products, I heard that Yen has a strong role in repair!
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
I bought this bb cream a while ago I would say it's ok it's only good if you have really fair complexion. It's kind of like a tinted moisturizer, the color is alright. I think it will look really off if you are not super pale. I use this when I don't feel like putting my make up on.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
it would probablyonly work for east asian liek korean, japanese, chinese and caucasion cause it only comes in one fair shade.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone,
i would love to try some of this or any other BB cream. does anyone know where to get this in Toronto or the GTA? please let me know. TIA!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Could you tell me where to buy the "Skin79 BB
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I also have this one.It is very hydrated.After using it, my face looks so delicate.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:14 am      Reply with quote
i am trying this one and i like it. i need to dust my nose with powder after about 5 hours tho
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have an ingredients list that you could post?

I'd like to try this, but I'm concerned that it won't work with my sunscreen.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
soooooooo pale its spring now and its too pale for me now its only a winter foundation for me
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen - what shade are you in MAC?
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
i dont use mac
vinco
5% products discount

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have one from BRTC. The cream is in a weird grey color. Using a little bit gives me a pearly glow. But if I apply it too much, my face looks really oily.
I think BB cream is generally a substitution for primer and foundation when you're in a hurry since it's easier to apply.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
vinco wrote:
I have one from BRTC. The cream is in a weird grey color. Using a little bit gives me a pearly glow. But if I apply it too much, my face looks really oily.
I think BB cream is generally a substitution for primer and foundation when you're in a hurry since it's easier to apply.

Can't agree more.
I have a BRTC too, and don't like it very much.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
i agree. which makes it not bad for the price actually bb cream is fairly cheap compared to north american and european brand cosmetics
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have the new Skin79 Diamond Total Absolute BB Cream SPF 37 PA+++ that I don't want. I tested the shade slightly once. If anyone's interested, pls msg me! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |