Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
**Review** Bioderma Photoderm MAX Milk/Cream 100SPF
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just responded to a forum member on the Skin Care Forum and thought I should share it here also.

Sorry, this is a bit of a long message.

I have sun damage on my face and arms from not using any sunscreen products on a regular basis. Shock It's because I have sensitive skin and have found that I broke out into weeping hives when I tried to use any chemical sunscreen products. Crying or Very sad Also I found that the physical ones makes me look ashy and "anemic" looking. Embarassed

The Mexoryl (sp?) in this product does not break me out which is why my skin likes it. Also this product is photostable and will not break down. I have worn this when it's bright and sunny (102 degrees) and despite being outdoors with no shade for 3-4 hours, I did not tan or darken at all.

The milk is slightly lighter in texture than the MAX cream. It takes a bit of effort to rub either version of the product into the skin. I prefer the milk over the cream as the thicker cream can "ball up" on your skin if you try to rub your face afterwards.

I will wear the cream on my face when I'm on vacation or when it's very hot and sunny. I will not wear any makeup when I have the cream on per my explanation above.

My friends have also "borrowed" some of the fluid from me when they were caught outside without protection. Rolling Eyes It did not leave a white ashy coating on my African American friend's very dark complexion, but again the product must be rubbed in well.

BTW, I also have the SPF 80 stick which I use on my brow bone and upper eyelids and sometimes on my lips. This stays put and does not run into my eyes (I have oily eyelids).

These products are normally not available for sale in the U.S. as Mexoryl is not approved by the FDA (yet). I have found a website in the U.S. that does import the Photoderm line in from France and distributes it via the internet. If you are interested, please send a PM to me.

This line may not be for everyone. They do sell samples so you can try it out and see if it suits you if you are interested.

Thanks for reading this. Very Happy
Mert
5% products discount

Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I do use this product because it doesnt leave any white layer on my skin. And I do blieve
it protect me well, but my only problem with it
is that ıt leave my skin very shiny. What is the right amount to apply on the face?? WhiteLotus, how much do you apply on your face?? I do apply 2 pea sized shape on face and
throat.

I do have oily/normal skin.
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mert,

I have combination (oily t-zone and normal/dry cheeks) and sensitive skin.

I believe I spread on the same amount as you do. I do have a slight sheen in the t-zone, but then I blot periodically. hmm

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your dilemma. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |