Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How do you clean/sanitize your clarisonic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
shellybutorac
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if the detergents we use to clean the clarisonic are harming my skin.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Why take a chance?
I clean mine in 3% hydrogen peroxide, available anywhere. It's a topical anti-infective. Peroxide is the same ingredient in contact lens cleaning kits, so why wouldn't it work for the Clarisonic brush head?
A UV light would be ideal, but don't know where one could be found.
HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I think that, since the Clarisonic IS a cleansing device, used with soap, I don't sterilize it. I rinse it well, in hot water. But... okay, I guess some people actually even sterilize their kitchen sponges. I'm just not that... thorough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
haha Sidda!! Don't you mean "Anal" ??? Yes, I am, I confess!! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I also usually just rinse mine really well in very hot water after I used it.
JulesF

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Not that I'm encouraging buying even MORE product but I find that I really like the DermaNew Foam Applicator Cleaner. It's an antibacterial formula especially made for foam applicators but may also be used for brushes, applicators and other tools. I use it once a week for my Clarisonic and I also use it on my brushes (makeup as well, although sable and other expensive brushes can best be washed with baby shampoo to keep them soft).

I find you need very little of the product to do the job and I do prefer using it to antibacterial soap.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think some alcohol will do the job at a cheap price!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda... you crack me up... Just throw your sponge in the dishwasher... 'cause girl... those things harbor some serious scary bacteria (just one swipe of a meat product... ya know???)

Whenever my brush seems in need of attn. I put it in a cup of hot water.. with a drop of anti bact. soap... and a teaspoon of bleach.

I figure it probably breaks down the brush... but I don't want the brush delivering bacteria to my face

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I wash the brush head in warm water every time after use and clean it using some alcohol once a week.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Should I be more worried about mold or bacteria? After reading this thread I remembered I have some anti-fungal shampoo in my bathroom (don't ask) and I wonder if that'll do the job? Or do I need something else to kill the bacteria as well? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I clean my brush-head the same way as the dermaroller - soak it for a few minutes in water w/a denture tablet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Every time I use it (and I mean every time), I turn the bristles on in hot water for a few seconds and let the brushes dance on a dry towel till there are little traces of water left onto the towel. They actually recommend to do this in their tutorial for aftercare for the clarisonic. And then I take some 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol on a cotton swab and swab the bristles and all around the head.

By the time I pick it up for my evening wash, the thing is dry and sanitized!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I pre-wash my face before using it, because I thought that it was pushing the makeup into my skin and making the brush stained and dirty. And I also soak it once a week in hot water with a bit of chlorine bleach.
SandyOPKS

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I take my brush head off once a week or so and soak in an alcohol bath for about half an hour. I rinse really well and spin it on a towel for a few secs. When it's dry, you won't even smell the alcohol and I feel like it's clean. Important to replace those brushes every three months.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
I always think the best cleaning tool is a finger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
i usually rinse the brushes in a bucket of water while it is vibrating and then let it thoroughly dry.

when i remember, i spritz it with rubbing alcohol.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the booklet that came with the Clarisonic advised against cleaning the brush heads with alcohol and recommended using soap followed by a very good rinse. I use hydrogen peroxide, I have used 3% but don't find it sizzles like the 6%. I take the sizzling sound to be the dead bugs and skin fizzing away - charming I know. I also make sure to dry mine between uses by buzzing the brush on a towel for a few seconds.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
miss mei wrote:
I thought the booklet that came with the Clarisonic advised against cleaning the brush heads with alcohol and recommended using soap followed by a very good rinse. I use hydrogen peroxide, I have used 3% but don't find it sizzles like the 6%. I take the sizzling sound to be the dead bugs and skin fizzing away - charming I know. I also make sure to dry mine between uses by buzzing the brush on a towel for a few seconds.

did the manual say to use hydrogen peroxide?

i read the 'charge for 24 hours', looked at the description to attach the heads, and then dropped the manual and never looked back. Embarassed

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
miss mei wrote:

i read the 'charge for 24 hours', looked at the description to attach the heads, and then dropped the manual and never looked back. Embarassed

I went to check the box Mia came in to check for you and I threw it out too! I'm pretty sure it says to use soap and to avoid alcohol. There is another link on EDS that has to do with cleaning the brush head.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
miss mei wrote:
llina wrote:
miss mei wrote:

I went to check the box Mia came in to check for you and I threw it out too! I'm pretty sure it says to use soap and to avoid alcohol. There is another link on EDS that has to do with cleaning the brush head.

thanks mei! for checking for me.
hmmm... i'll avoid the alcohol on the brushes, as you stated.
i have six clarisonic untis... i must have kept a manual somewhere. i'll go rummaging around tonight and try to find it.

thanks again! wave

miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:08 am      Reply with quote
im sure that there is something on the internet, maybe on the Clarisonic website?

I just cleaned my brush and it sizzled. I'd love another Mia however the others look good. Which one do you like the best?

I've been using Duac (medicated face cream with benzoyl peroxide and clyndamycin) as well as cleaning with the Mia and I'm finding I"m going red soooo big word of warning for anyone using Duac that it could make you more sensitive. I've decided to use less Duac and keep up the Clarisonic with my normal regime as this has helped my acne-prone skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:51 am      Reply with quote
miss mei wrote:
im sure that there is something on the internet, maybe on the Clarisonic website?

I just cleaned my brush and it sizzled. I'd love another Mia however the others look good. Which one do you like the best?

I've been using Duac (medicated face cream with benzoyl peroxide and clyndamycin) as well as cleaning with the Mia and I'm finding I"m going red soooo big word of warning for anyone using Duac that it could make you more sensitive. I've decided to use less Duac and keep up the Clarisonic with my normal regime as this has helped my acne-prone skin.

i love clarisonic's pro the bestest! Very Happy they've got great power! vroom! vroom! (i love using the clarisonic pro for the body)

for face, i'm using a gentle cleanser with the clarisonic. the clarisonic is fabulous for even out my skin tone... gentle and effective.

mei, u still using the peroxide for the brush head? no alcohol but yes to peroxide?

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
sorry... insert...

on my face with a gentle cleanser eg valmont white falls, i'm using the clarisonic mia or classic on the lowest setting. i find the clarisonic does the BEST job of gentle exfoliating dead skin and making my face radiant.

oh gezzzzz i can't wait for the clarisonic opal for eyes to get here. i feel like i'm gonna burst!

i really NEED one!

chellelynn
5% products discount

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I thought the instructions also recommended cleaning with antibacterial soap? I have only had my Clarisonic brush for a few days, but after every use I use a little soap on the head and then rinse in hot water.

Do you think I should be cleaning it after each use, or once a week? I was worried about bacteria building up, so I assumed it was better to clean it every time and be on the safe side....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
chellelynn wrote:
I thought the instructions also recommended cleaning with antibacterial soap? I have only had my Clarisonic brush for a few days, but after every use I use a little soap on the head and then rinse in hot water.

Do you think I should be cleaning it after each use, or once a week? I was worried about bacteria building up, so I assumed it was better to clean it every time and be on the safe side....

i think its great idea to clean after each use. i do too.

i spray alcohol on it every so often... but that's just me being paranoid. ithink mei pointed out it is not recommended. we all can't find our manuals. i have 6 of them, i'm sure i'll find it sooner or later. on second thought i think there is an online manual from their official website.

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |