Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best lip sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
still doubt about a lip spf as most spf have some harmful ingredients
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
still doubt about a lip spf as most spf have some harmful ingredients

Annesun,
What harmful ingredients do you speak of? Why would you NOT want a lip gloss/balm to offer protection from the sun?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 am      Reply with quote
kory82202 wrote:
I use Burt's Bees Res-Q Lip Balm with SPF 15.

I have recently tried this and really like it, my sister sells this where she works with a discount so I will get some when Im out.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried the coconut Burnout spf 32 lipbalm and it's really good. It is more cosmetically elegant than the mango one, clearer and not as grainy. Then again I did test this one in colder weather whereas I tried the mango one in summer when it was hot. Still, not really grainy though.
Makes me think of Bounty bars when I smell it!
Lemon
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
beetlebugs wrote:
Do we actually need SPF for lips as well? It has never been on my 'to buy' list. Rolling Eyes

I never really thought about it until recently because my lips never burned like my other skin would with heavy sun exposure, but if UV rays contribute significantly to skin damage and the inability to repair itself, could it also be responsible for thinning lips as we age?

Perhaps thinning lips are due to UV exposure/collagen damage. Maybe wearing SPF would prevent the need for lip injections later in life? Just a thought.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Click here for a link to the EWG approved SPF lip balms.

An interesting find: Most lip cancers develop on the bottom lip, where sun exposure is highest. People who cover their lips more than once a day (with lip balm or even colored lipstick) may cut their lip cancer risk in half, according to research funded by the American Cancer Society and the National Cancer Institute (Pogoda and Preston-Martin 1996).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Been using the coconut Burnout spf 32 lipbalm in hottish weather too now 25-30C and it is still clear etc. I can see the grains in it now but they are fine and don't interfere with it being decent.

Still looking for a spf lipbalm w/out wax as well as parabens, petroleum..
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use labello lipstick with SPF,but it make my lip yellow and pale. I will follow this thread to find a better product.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Lemon wrote:
beetlebugs wrote:
Do we actually need SPF for lips as well? It has never been on my 'to buy' list. Rolling Eyes

I never really thought about it until recently because my lips never burned like my other skin would with heavy sun exposure, but if UV rays contribute significantly to skin damage and the inability to repair itself, could it also be responsible for thinning lips as we age?

Perhaps thinning lips are due to UV exposure/collagen damage. Maybe wearing SPF would prevent the need for lip injections later in life? Just a thought.

I think that this may be the case. I've recently been adding my spf to my lips (a mexoryl/tinosorb ss with no avobezone) as well as the C/E/Ferulic serum. No irritation as of yet.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Green Beaver has a lip balm with just zinc oxide. I like to use lip balms with non-chemical sunscreen. I am always concerned I will eat/lick, etc the lip balm indirectly.

http://well.ca/products/green-beaver-non-whitening-lip_32014.html

This is available in health food stores also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
icyj wrote:
Hands down for the Blistex DCT SPF20 No matter what other spf lip balms i always come back for this its cheap yet effective and moisturizes the lips !!

PREACH!!!

Although I simply fell in love with this just as a great lip balm, finding out it has SPF was icing on the cake after I had experienced the burn-and-discoloration enthol-based lip balms caused then found myself fighting to even out the patchwork on my lips. This product solved that problem once and for all. The only time I might experience odd-looking lips is if I don't drink enough water and my lips dry and crack.

Blistex DCT is my all-time favorite lip balm and will keep my lips from burning in the sun. I love it so much that I buy it every time I see it because a while back I seemed unable to find it and panicked thinking it was discontinued...so I've turned into a squirrel stocking up for winter.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |