Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cancer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Any one gone thru this and survived?

My mum's sister died of cancer 1 year ago, 6 months later, my mum's brother was diagnosed, and now dead, and recently, her elder sis is diagnosed.

she has lost 2 siblings form cancer in the past year and now another one soon

anyone has any tips on what may help, strengthening immune system etc??
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Cancer is so awful but yet so prevalent that nearly everyone has someone close to them affected.

My father was diagnosed with Cancer 6 years ago and has been through so much since them but he's still alive and fighting. The type of cancer he has affects the lymphatic system and cannot be cured but may be managed over many years. He had a stem cell transplant (using his own stem cells) last year and is doing great.

Since my father has been sick I have read a lot about cancer and how to both prevent it and how to improve the chances of survival in those already battling the disease and aside from the basic things that everyone knows about eating a wholefood diet rich in antioxidants, staying a healthy weight, regular exercise, stress management, avoiding alcohol and smoking etc there is little that is proven to be effective. Mental attitude has a real impact on peoples prognosis as does early diagnosis so I would always urge anyone with even the slightest concern to see a doctor right away.

I do hope that your mothers sister gets the care she needs and if she has not done already I suggest your mum talk to her GP about the history of cancer in her family so that they can do tests if need be to catch anything which may arise early.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear of this. Cancer is just an awful disease. And there are so many types. I suspect that in some cases there just isn't anything that can be done to prevent it.

However, I also think there are many things that one could probably do to prevent various kinds. Strengthening the immune system through diet, and exercise, is seemingly valid, and offers quality health in the mean time. Avoiding toxins, and most likely those that the FDA hasn't determined Toxic enough but people have experience with. ('cause not enough people have died, or the numbers don't scientifically support an action).

Further, I think it's important to be aggressively on the offense if you seem to have some sort of genetic link.

Best wishes to your families. It's a hard road, I know.
S

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
yeah thank you guys. will have to read up more on it!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Calorblind, I'm very sorry to hear this. My father died of lung cancer that metastasized to the brain many years ago. It was very hard to watch him go through that. Best wishes for your mom's sister.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind, I'm very sorry to hear that. Indeed, my sympathies wholeheartedly go out to all those who either have cancer themselves or who have loved ones suffering from it.

Most of my own family either have or have had cancer. My dad, mum and 4 aunts have all had cancer and are still around. My dad, mum and one of my aunts all had good results last time they went for a checkup, although my mum has started smoking again (she had a lung removed because of lung cancer). Most of my uncles and aunts on my mum's side have died from cancer, as well as one of my cousins. My dad's other sister is currently having chemo and will need to have her stomach removed to make a new oesophagus soon. She found the waiting around before treatment began to be the worst thing, and now just wants to get it all over with.

I think the most important thing is to try to be strong for them. Everyone has different ways of trying to get through this. With my family, it's black humour. Sounds weird, but we always say that if you don't laugh, you'd only cry. And we know which of the two we'd rather spend our time doing.

It's also important that they definitely go for any tests required and don't put things off. The earlier things are detected, the more hope there often is.

The lesson here is to make the most of the time you have with the ones you love because you never know quite what will happen.
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 11:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |