Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Does anyone have porcelain veeners?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Considering veeners on my 4 top front teeth...does anyone have them and regret doing it?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I was going to do exactly what you are talking about, my 4 front teeth, and I have decided against it, every dentist has told me, UNLESS you have to, real teeth are better than fake...

So I am getting braces in October.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
My background is dentistry and if your natural teeth can be made nicer, more presentable by bleaching processes or other less invasive procedures I would start there. Conservative treatment is the best start. Veneers can be terrific but you need to be clear about what you expect, why you are doing it and what the outcome will be. Pros/cons and look at patients who have had the procedure done (not just pictures) - really look and see how the appearance is.
Natural teeth have a gloss and sheen that I have yet to see fully replicated. I have seen some beautiful results but still if your natural dentition is good and can be improved I would start there. You must choose a skilled cosmetic dentist.

I know there are some artists in the dental field but I have seen final (and very expensive) outcomes tend to look artificial or maybe that's just to those of us in dentistry.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have naturally very dark teeth. Had done bleaching ( with dentist) before where the shade lightened by about 4 shades - teeth still very dark and my gums got irritated. Never achieved the nice white shade shown in the advertisement and commercials for bleaching. So I hesitate to do anymore bleaching.

My dentist (a friend) said the bleaching done with lasers can damage the pulp if done incorrectly.

I think short of some very expensive - lumineers (?) I have to be content with yellow teeth forever. My front teeth are all straight and still good so it's a pity to grind them down.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have porcelain veneers and I love them. No problems ever...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Sista...I have alway been told I have "beautiful" teeth, (bellbottom shaped) but my gums have receded so now I have spaces at the top. The ONLY reason I would do the veneers is to fill in those spaces. When I take close up photo's sometimes those spaces look like I have something black stuck in my teeth! UGH!! Would you say that would justify them???

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've had mine for over 20 years. I have 8 on my front teeth. Really, I didn't need all eight, but was talked into it.(ancient history) Anyway, as my gums recede (age) you can see the space between my veneers and my gums. Fortunately for me, it's not a prob b/c my gums aren't exposed when I smile. I got my veneers b/c I thought it would fill out my face a bit. Rolling Eyes Whatever! Anyway, if I had it to do over I wouldn't get them. I didn't need them! What bothers me about my veneers is that for the past couple of years, I've noticed they look stained. I drink coffee and I think after all these years, it shows on my veneers. I don't think anything can be done to whiten them. If anyone knows anything about that, I would love to hear!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I paid 12,000 for porcelain veneers in 2005.I can truly tell you that was the best investment ever made. My teeth were yellow and the enamel was wearing off....and crooked too.My dentist was able to sraighten my teeth without braces and my teeth are white now but it is virtuslly impossible to tell they are fake. The trick is to get a really skilled dentist.,I have seen bad veneers that look very obvious and fake.Its jewelry for your face, it will make you look like a much younger,attractive person.I get compliments all the time on my teeth now and I dont tell them they are veneers....
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I paid 12,000 for porcelain veneers in 2005.I can truly tell you that was the best investment ever made. My teeth were yellow and the enamel was wearing off....and crooked too.My dentist was able to sraighten my teeth without braces and my teeth are white now but it is virtuslly impossible to tell they are fake. The trick is to get a really skilled dentist.,I have seen bad veneers that look very obvious and fake.Its jewelry for your face, it will make you look like a much younger,attractive person.I get compliments all the time on my teeth now and I dont tell them they are veneers....

So glad you'd find a skillful dentist for your veneers. I'm sure you look even more attractive with the pearly whites smile. May I have the name and location of your dentist?
(As I am also thinking about getting veneers...)hanks!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Dr Maryrose Hawkins in Del Mar Ca. She does a lot of TV people. Out of all the $$$ I have ever spent I believe the veneers were the single best investment I have ever made, they made the biggest difference in how I now look.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
They key to a good result with veneers is the skill of the dentist. Don't go for the cheapest option or the least expensive dentist. This is an investment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I had them on my front teeth. They looked beautiful but two of them broke, so now I have Zirconia crowns. Veneers are far from maintenance-free. If your own teeth can be improved to an acceptable level via bleaching and shaping, stick with those.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
It was very expensive....cost as much as a new car....but still worth it. Yes make sure to get someone very skilled,OMG I have seen so many dinner plate teeth, its awful. My dentist was expensive but she did quality work.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I have worked in the head/neck surgical field for YEARS. We have an excellent Prosthodontist on staff and have seen, and indeed enjoyed some of the most terrific work ever.

For your issue- veneers are the easiest solution, but an ethical dentist would also refer you to a Periodontist. Some Periodontists can accomplish excellent cosmetic results by manipulating the soft tissue/gums.. That is IF the teeth themselves are aesthetically pleasing and disease free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
I had them on my front teeth. They looked beautiful but two of them broke, so now I have Zirconia crowns. Veneers are far from maintenance-free. If your own teeth can be improved to an acceptable level via bleaching and shaping, stick with those.

Yes, this is what I agree with. I teach Periodontics and this is certainly the first option. (least invasion, least expensive)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Might I add: Make sure that the before and after work any dentist shows you is of HIS/HER work.

I know my dentist has discovered many of his patients on the before and after pages of many dentists across the country. And I can see why, he's wickedly talented... But if a dentist can't show his/her own work, and a lot of it too boot... MOVE ON!

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about getting this done but it scares me that they grind away your teeth to little stubs.... are there any other options for "perfect" teeth without braces?
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
garbx wrote:
I've been thinking about getting this done but it scares me that they grind away your teeth to little stubs.... are there any other options for "perfect" teeth without braces?

Me too but the teeth being filed down to stubs is disturbing. I just finished with my braces and they are better but I have shitty shaped teeth and my enamel isn't good. My teeth and gums are healthy and gums do recede some due to age but better than most for my age I been told by dentists.

I keep thinking I'm not happy with the look of my teeth but the idea of teeth being grinded to stubs disturbs me because they are healthy.

Then I think I'm still not happy with the look of them so should just go for the veneers. Why go thru life being unhappy with my teeth.

I'm still undecided.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been asking my dentist (prosthodontist) to give me porcelain veneers for years but he always talks me out of it, says my teeth look fine.

However, he has done practically undetectable composite resin "veneers" on my two front (scratched/decayed enamel) top teeth, but insists I don't need more invasive work, ie porcelain veneers. I'm not sure whether I love him or hate him, as I want those perfect white square veneers....on the other hand, I know many dentists would jump at the chance of doing expensive work like porcelain veneers.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Who's your doctor n where is he located ?

He sounds like a decent man who will not take money just because he can.

If he's near me it would be interesting to see what he says. I asked my regular dentist and he told me not to get them.

appletini wrote:
I've been asking my dentist (prosthodontist) to give me porcelain veneers for years but he always talks me out of it, says my teeth look fine.

However, he has done practically undetectable composite resin "veneers" on my two front (scratched/decayed enamel) top teeth, but insists I don't need more invasive work, ie porcelain veneers. I'm not sure whether I love him or hate him, as I want those perfect white square veneers....on the other hand, I know many dentists would jump at the chance of doing expensive work like porcelain veneers.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Bluerain - My dentist/prosthodontist is in Bangkok, which is probably not very conveniently located for most EDS members Smile
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I also asked my dentist and he said not to get them unless you REALLY need to.

Try to keep your own teeth as long as you can.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've had my porcelain veneers for approx. 24 years. I started noticing a yellowing of my veneers about 3 yrs. ago. But, within the past month, I'm noticing a definite yellowing. UGLY! Sad I have the veneers on 8 of my upper teeth. I keep my teeth very clean and my bottom teeth are not yellow at all. Why are my veneers so yellow? Any suggestions on how to whiten them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was also interested in getting Veneers. A little background. I had metal braces from 1974-1983 (Age 10 - Age 18 ) for crowded overlapped teeth, with an underbite. I am now 45 and my teeth have reverted back with overlapping on the uppers causing one of my front teeth to be pushed up into the gums, kind of looks like I have a broken front tooth, because it is up higher than my other front tooth. And, my bottoms are a mess and also crooked/overlapped.

My dentist talked me out of getting Veneers. I instead had Invisalign braces put on 6 weeks ago. He said it will take about 36 weeks to get my teeth straight. The cost was $6,800 (U.S.). They are clear and you cannot see them. You receive a new set of aligners every 2 weeks. They are made of a clear plastic-like material that fits over your teeth (kind of like a retainer). You have to remove them every time you eat or drink beverages that are not clear. Then, you have to brush your teeth and put the Invisalign aligners back in. I brush my teeth about 6 times a day now. LOL! Laughing They say you should wear them 22 hours a day. They are not as painful as getting metal braces, nor are putting in the new aligners every 2 weeks as painful as when I used to have the metal braces when you had the wires tightened at every visit. So far, so good. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I read on the Supersmile tooth product website that their toothpaste can be used to whiten veneers and bonding.

I can not use bleaching trays as my enamel is very damaged but just using the toothpaste and whitening gel my teeth are much whiter-not blindingly white..not expecting anyone to notice.
but I just had pictures of my teeth taken last week at the dentist and my teeth are "normal" colored now.
before they had more stains.

if you do not want veneers, I'm suprized no one has mentioned getting your teeth bonded.
I have that and it is where they put ceramic on top of your tooth to fix chips but also you can reshape the teeth with that.
I have my 2 front teeth with that and 2 other teeth.
it only lasts a few years and I ruined 2 of my bonded teeth this year and they had to be redone.

EDS also sells Supersmile products!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |