Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
botox experiences
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in knowing good and bad experiences with botox.

I am 35. My skin is in not too bad shape right now. It does look better since I started researching and taking better care of my skin (thanks to the help of people on this site). I've ordered the prep, ADCE, and okusil and am hoping my skin will respond well to that.

BUT my mom is VERY wrinkled and her mom was too.

I am most worried about crow's feet area. (I was worried about my forehead but so far it looks much better just from what I'm using...cellex C, B5 hydrating, and peeling acid).

Should I start Botox now as a preventive?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
If you have crow's feet that are fine lines I would think what you've already ordered will be fine.

I get botox around my crow's feet and love it. The argireline didn't work for me and I'm supposing my lines were just too deep for it to make a huge difference like botox does.

-Cheri
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I had botox injections in my forehead about 3 months ago. While the results were okay it was very very painful. I like to think I have a high tolerance for pain - what child bearing women doesn't - I had to bite into a towel with each injection. This is probably unusual because I haven't heard of anyone else complaining about it. Confused This is what drove me to Esther's Secret and AlphaDerma CE.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
When I have botox for my crow's feet it just feels like pinching. However, I did have an IPL session once and my derm explained that she would be doing the forehead first because that's where it hurt the most due to the skin there not being as thick. She was right, it was practically unbearable in that area. It hurt in other areas, but not as much as the forehead. I never got IPL again because of that.

-Cheri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Cherri; What is IPL? Do you mind if I ask how old you are and when you started botox? Do you do it 2x/year or more? Thanks
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
I had botox injections in my forehead about 3 months ago. While the results were okay it was very very painful. I like to think I have a high tolerance for pain - what child bearing women doesn't - I had to bite into a towel with each injection. This is probably unusual because I haven't heard of anyone else complaining about it. Confused This is what drove me to Esther's Secret and AlphaDerma CE.

Shock After reading this forget it. No Botox for me. I am a chicken when it comes to pain. I have found that the longer I use the AlphaDerma line (close to four months) the smoother my forehead is. When I first started using it I thought that after a month I would see optimal results. Much to my delight the results get better and better.

I would think that if you have had botox using AlphaDerma would be great in keeping the results and avoiding PAIN.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
You can use an argireline product to extend the life of Botox injections, enhance them, or choose it as an alternative if you find it too painful (in the forehead or in the pocketbook).

Any chemist will tell you that Argireline is NOT even near the strength of Botox, but used consistently over time, it does relax the muscles and research has shown that Argireline will improve the wrinkles you have, as well as prevent new ones.

That last part is a very important benefit.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
lily wrote:
Cherri; What is IPL? Do you mind if I ask how old you are and when you started botox? Do you do it 2x/year or more? Thanks

Hi Lily,

Actually now I remember I did go back for one more IPL treatment to see if it would hurt just as much. It did. So after the second time I decided to never have it again. Here's a link that will tell you all about IPL:

http://yestheyrefake.net/intense_pulsed_light.htm

I just started having Botox last Winter so this is round 3 for me in a little less than a year. I just turned 44 last month. Last year I suddenly started looking "older" after a 50 lb weight loss so I put my skin care in high priority mode, which means basically that I've spent a small fortune! Smile For me, Botox is one of the expenses that is definitely worth it.

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
You can use an argireline product to extend the life of Botox injections, enhance them, or choose it as an alternative if you find it too painful (in the forehead or in the pocketbook).

I have some relaxaline left, so I'll use that religiously even though I just got Botox again the other day. Hopefully, like you said, it will extend the life of Botox. My bottle of Relax is almost gone so I am thinking of splurging on the Alphaderma trio special after that. Yours and Winnie's pictures have forced me to give Argireline another chance! Solid proof from people I trust.

-Cheri
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
When I have botox for my crow's feet it just feels like pinching. However, I did have an IPL session once and my derm explained that she would be doing the forehead first because that's where it hurt the most due to the skin there not being as thick. She was right, it was practically unbearable in that area. It hurt in other areas, but not as much as the forehead. I never got IPL again because of that.

-Cheri

I also had one IPL session for broken capillaries but only on my cheeks and although it was uncomfortable it was nothing compared to the pain of botox in my forehead. I must have an abundance of nerve endings there - just like my fingertips.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
JudyMarshall wrote:

I have some relaxaline left, so I'll use that religiously even though I just got Botox again the other day. Hopefully, like you said, it will extend the life of Botox. My bottle of Relax is almost gone so I am thinking of splurging on the Alphaderma trio special after that. Yours and Winnie's pictures have forced me to give Argireline another chance! Solid proof from people I trust.
-Cheri

Cheri...

It will be very interesting to see if your experiment shows that you can go longer between Botox injections by using a 10% Argireline product. Wouldn't that be exciting if you could go longer between injections!

I do want to point out that the picture on my website is more evidence of the effects of the Esthers Secret masque than of the serum since the after picture was taken after one application. So, the lift in the brow, smoothing of nasiolabial folds, diminishing of the hooded look of the eyes, was the result of using the masque. The pictures that I am about to add to the site will show the effects of having used the masque and serum consistently for six months.

The ES masque does contain Argireline, but the 10% solution is in the serum. Each has it's own function.

JUDY

Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |