Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good (cheap) place to buy vitamins online?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'll be going to the US for a month so I want to take advantage of the cheaper prices.

So I was wondering... which online store for vitamins/supplements would you recommend?

Thanks!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Josee.....I have a very good place I've been ordering my vitamins from for years, but it's in Canada. I'll post the website anyways...

www.canadianvitaminshop.com
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Josee, I swear by Vitacost.com. Their prices are the best I've found, and shipping is a flat $5 which I think is also quite reasonable. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much to both of you!

I now have one store in Canada (where I usually live) and one in the US (where I'll be staying for a month)... so I'm all set!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I like Vitacost also. Have made a lot of orders with them, with no problems. Until...on a recent order there was a major screw-up, which they did sort out and I got two e-mails apologising. Everybody makes mistakes, but it's the way you deal with them that's important. I would definitely recommend them.

If you do order from vitacost, there's usually a 5% discount coupon to be found here
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/vitacost.com
mherb

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I third the vitacost recommendation. I have been ordering with them for 3 years and have no complaints. I like that they have a section for each product where you can read customer reviews. I always end up buying the name brand with the best reviews.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
iherb.com cheap, very very fast delivery sometimes discounts and free or low shipping.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I also use Vitacost but check out

http://www.swansonvitamins.com
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Vitacost.com is my first choice. If they don't have what I want, then I can usually find it on iherb.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with LucyLuc. I have used Vitacost and iherb. I'm really stuck on iherb now. Also, don't like Vitacost brand - have used them for a while and know they are not for me. Very gassy!
Iherb has free shipping over a certain amount which is easy to get to. I usually find what I want and I cross shop with Vitacost and am finding more of what I use at iherb and at a similar, sometimes lower cost. Check them both out - definitely good sites.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just for what it's worth: I also use iherb. I've been very happy with their products and shipping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
iherb.com cheap, very very fast delivery sometimes discounts and free or low shipping.

Ditto!

I also like ourhealthcoop.com.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely recommend Swanson vitamins.

All supplements are GMP or USP tested and the site has awesome prices on supplements and food items like stevia.
Their prices generally beat vitacost as well (also $5 shipping). I have been shopping there for quite a while and am always happy with their service.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for iherb or Vitacost! Both are great and reliable.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Agree with LucyLuc. I have used Vitacost and iherb. I'm really stuck on iherb now. Also, don't like Vitacost brand - have used them for a while and know they are not for me. Very gassy!
Iherb has free shipping over a certain amount which is easy to get to. I usually find what I want and I cross shop with Vitacost and am finding more of what I use at iherb and at a similar, sometimes lower cost. Check them both out - definitely good sites.

sister sweets - If you don't mind, would you please share what products from Vitacost have caused gas? Embarassed

This is a frequent problem for me, and it never occurred to me that it might be the supplements!

TIA! Very Happy

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
aelsass wrote:
I would definitely recommend Swanson vitamins.

All supplements are GMP or USP tested and the site has awesome prices on supplements and food items like stevia.
Their prices generally beat vitacost as well (also $5 shipping). I have been shopping there for quite a while and am always happy with their service.

I agree with everything you said here.
Swanson Vitamins has better prices than Vitacost or iHerb and their products are of a very high quality. I've had problems in the past with Vitacost and will never go there again.
aelsass
5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to introduce myself as this is the first thread I have posted on (even though I have been reading for a year!) I am an esthetician and a former nutritional/weight loss counselor. I love this forum!

Anyways, I think I can answer the "gassiness" question. It is most likely not the actual supplements but your body's inability to break them down well, causing gas as the by-product. The healthier you eat, and the denser the nutrition, the harder your body has to work. This is why high fiber foods cause so much gas.

This problem can usually be solved by taking digestive enzyme supplements (bean-o is an enzyme supplement). As we age, we have less of these in our system, even if we are healthy. Adding them back can make the whole digestive system function a lot smoother.

Hope this helps you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

sister sweets - If you don't mind, would you please share what products from Vitacost have caused gas? Embarassed

This is a frequent problem for me, and it never occurred to me that it might be the supplements!

TIA! Very Happy

Hi nadjazz - for me it was the vitacost brand that caused the gas (hmm the name - It is initials....maybe NHI?) They are usually the lower cost choice. Other vitamins and supplements do not have the same effect - believe me, I've noticed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets - I think you mean NSI brand, which is Vitacost's "house brand". I'll have to pay attention to that, since most (but not all) of my supps are NSI.

aelsass - Good point about high fiber causing the problem. I have learned that I must up my fiber intake gradually, and drink lots of water! I do take digestive enzymes, but guess what?? They are NSI brand, LOL! This warrants further investigation on my part.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes nadine - NSI brand. Some of the reviewers reported gas too and they suspected from the NSI brand. I read this after I was using them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for another vitamin store to order my supplement. Luckily, I find this thread. I may try Swanson and iherd.

I have ordered from Vitacost for more than two years without problem. But my last order came in problem. I ordered some vitamins and 3 Gogi juice. The Gogi came in only two and one of bottle was dirty and out of shape. I called vitacost, but they would only replace the missing one. I had a long argument with them to replace me the deformed one. They sent me the two bottles very fast. I received them a day before I went on my 3 1/2 weeks vacation. After my vacation, I opened one of the Gogi juice which taste very different than all the gogi juice I had before. It was sour and seem to has little gas in it. I called Vitacost and told them about the juice was not taste right. They told me to call the supplier about whether they changed the ingredient. I called them back about the supplier answer was the ingredient never been changed. But they said since it is over 30 days, I could not return the juice. I told them that I orderd 3 to 4 bottles of Gogi juice from Vitacost all the time at once. How can I drink all of them within a month. The sale person said "Then, do not order that many." Well, I emailed the customer service about my dissatisfaction, but I have not heard anything from them.

Thank you for reading my long story.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Holee, I pay approx $38.00 CD for 100 vegicaps of L-carnosine (dipeptide) 500 mg. through IHerb. The Vitamin Shop sells 60 for $45.88 CD.

I love IHerb. Their variety, free shipping, CS is second to none. Plus, they charge a little over $2.00 to ship two products to Canada if you ever find yourself out of something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
I am looking for another vitamin store to order my supplement. Luckily, I find this thread. I may try Swanson and iherd.

I have ordered from Vitacost for more than two years without problem. But my last order came in problem. I ordered some vitamins and 3 Gogi juice. The Gogi came in only two and one of bottle was dirty and out of shape. I called vitacost, but they would only replace the missing one. I had a long argument with them to replace me the deformed one. They sent me the two bottles very fast. I received them a day before I went on my 3 1/2 weeks vacation. After my vacation, I opened one of the Gogi juice which taste very different than all the gogi juice I had before. It was sour and seem to has little gas in it. I called Vitacost and told them about the juice was not taste right. They told me to call the supplier about whether they changed the ingredient. I called them back about the supplier answer was the ingredient never been changed. But they said since it is over 30 days, I could not return the juice. I told them that I orderd 3 to 4 bottles of Gogi juice from Vitacost all the time at once. How can I drink all of them within a month. The sale person said "Then, do not order that many." Well, I emailed the customer service about my dissatisfaction, but I have not heard anything from them.

Thank you for reading my long story.

What disgraceful CS. And look where it's got them: A lousy write-up on a public forum. So short-sighted...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Indeed, terrible CS! On top of everything else, it should not be the customer's task to call the supplier and ask about a change in the ingredients.

We've rarely had problems with Vitacost, and when we did, CS quickly corrected the problem, whether it was damaged or missing.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
In regard to prices, I recently did a review of 4 vitamin suppliers/ health food suppliers to see who had the cheapest prices. Turns out that Vitacost had the best prices, but the worst customer service experience (at least as far as what I encountered.) Vitamin Shoppe came in a close second on prices PLUS they have good customer service and a nice rewards program. The full review is posted at SlyMiser site.

Also, I've been wondering about the quality of the vitamins I've been buying and someone on another thread just recommended ConsumerLab for independent testing. Has anyone tried them out yet? Just wondering if they're worth the subscription price.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |