Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My wrinkles have gone: Yes, really!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Some of you may recall how unhappy I was about undereye wrinkling. The wrinkles developed after a lower bleph (approx 1.5 years ago) and the surgeon and my derm said this was common and that nothing could be done except to build up the skin. For a while, I used the BQ and various eye treatments such as Retin A (quickly discontinued due to burning my skin).
I then gave up (about six months ago) and accepted the wrinkles.
For the past few months, my undereye routine has consisted of Skinactives Bright-I at night and IS Youth Complex Serum in the morning. A couple of weeks back, I saw the surgeon again and he commented on the fact that my wrinkles had gone. I hadn't thought too much about this as I believed I had perhaps become used to them but I honestly cannot see them now, except for a few crinkles when I smile (which then spring back to unlined skin). I pointed this out to my DD and she said "You're right! They've completely gone."
It wasn't the BQ as I haven't been using it for a long time. I also haven't been doing my facial exercises like I should! But truly the wrinkling has disappeared and, as the surgeon put it, I have "rebuilt the skin."
I can't say which of the two products is responsible (and maybe it's the combination) but I will continue to use them. I guess I will change the wording of my signature too Smile I will try to post pics here but, if not, I'll stick them on my blog. I bought the IS Youth Complex from EDS. One more thing: When I get up in the am, I put sunscreen under my eyes as I am usually up treadmilling, reading the paper etc. and getting UVA for 1.5 hours. I wash off and reapply after the IS serum when I do my face...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
thats great !! so which do u think is doing the job?? hehe
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
That's the problem...I can't tell! I just poked around in my recent photo files and found a pic taken a year or so ago where they are definitely there. It's like night and day. Perhaps it isn't anything to do with the products, although I can't see the skin just changing for the better all of its own accord.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Congrats! Now I become a little confident on fighting wrinkles! Laughing
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, good news ! I love to believe in miracle creams. Very Happy

Would love to see the pics Wink
Myrna Speaks
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations, Antonia! That is really great news to read today. Would you mind sharing the ingredients of the products you're using?

Thanks,

Myrna
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
wow, sounds great! Congratulations! put the products on my shopping list, thanks for sharing your experience Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I have looked at all other parameters that could cause wrinkles to disappear - weight gain for example, increased hydration... But I'm the same weight and drink the same every day. The funny thing is, I'd forgotten about the wrinkles and thought I'd just given up on them but then I noticed they weren't there. Laughing That must sound insane. I guess the reason I wasn't bothered any longer was because they were slowly disappearing. I asked Don to look and tell me what he thought and the poor guy went pale (terrified of saying the wrong thing...I could see the cogs turning...What am I supposed to answer??? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I'd also like to know what the ingredients are in those two creams you have been using. Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bright-I: Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sorbitol, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Caffeine, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Natural Active Peptides, Grape Seed Pronathocyanidins, Sodium Hyaluronate, Chrysin, Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Seed Oil (and) Astaxanthin (and) Lycopene (and) alpha-D-Tocopherol (and) Tocotrienols (and) Lutein (and) Alpha Lipoic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate (and) Cholesteryl Nonanoate (and) Cholesteryl Chloride and BHT, Glutathione, Pal-GQPR (Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide), Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

IS Clinical's Youth Serum ingredients can be read here, but not cut and pasted: http://www.isclinical.com/youthcomplex

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
ISC only lists the key ingredients. Here's the full listing...

ISC Youth Complex
Ingredients: Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum Officinarun (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citris Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Glycerin, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Simethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Tripeptide-1, Dextran, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid, Madecassic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Soy Isoflavones, Lecithin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Beta-Carotene, Panthenol, Ormenis Multicaulis Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, PVP, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana... I don't like all these parabens. The result is pretty amazing though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch, ouch! I react very badly to something in Retin A. Awful burning... The IS Youth Serum is very expensive but I am definitely going to continue using it...perhaps over my whole face. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I just posted pics here: http://halfahundred.blogspot.com The second pic looks like I got Botoxed to the gills and lost several pounds, neither of which is true. I had the same facial expression in both (but didn't want to post full-face as I'm always leery of this...) You can see the new eyelashes as well!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you look soooooo young!!!!!

Antonia wrote:
OK, I just posted pics here: http://halfahundred.blogspot.com The second pic looks like I got Botoxed to the gills and lost several pounds, neither of which is true. I had the same facial expression in both (but didn't want to post full-face as I'm always leery of this...) You can see the new eyelashes as well!
havana8

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw the photos and, OK, that's pretty impressive. Shock How long does the Youth Complex last you, Antonia?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am hoping no one thinks I am plugging something here. I'm not. I'm just really surprised. My last Botox was in January and just where I get two bumps over the start of my eyebrows. I don't really believe that anything can get rid of wrinkles either, so the realization that something had happened was a surprise to me. I use the teeniest bit of the IS serum, less than a full pump. It is lasting a long time. I don't want to get anyone over excited because it could be something else at play (MSM/ALA/Grape Seed/Omega 3 supplements perhaps). Or maybe it is the supplements with the creams as I have taken supplements for over 20 years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's absolutely wonderful that you wrinkles are gone! It must of been a very nice surprise for you.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
It was actually a surprise because I was thinking at the time, "Isn't it funny how I don't care about those wrinkles any more." Lol. That's when I realized they weren't there like they used to be. I am going to ask over on MissJ's forum and MMH if they have heard of wrinkles spontaneously disappearing when they have appeared quite dramatically following a bleph. The last time I was on MMH a lot of people were concerned about their new wrinkles following surgery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, do you use any of these products on
your upper eye lid? In the after pictures your top lid looks so much firmer to me.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I do...both lids and I have noticed a tautening of the skin of the socket as well (now that I compare a few pics we took on vacation last year with the way it appears today....)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia... those are some GORGEOUS EYES!!!

my guess on the ingredients that are making a diff:

Natural Active Peptides (skin bios version of matrixyl)

ALA

The IS has some ingredients that assist in exfoliation: Retenyl, White Willow Bark, the sugars, and there some CP's in there I think...

sounds like a combo that SHOULD work... AWESOME!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
That's great improvement, Antonia. Your eyes are gorgeous. By "raw" do you mean no make-up on in the "after" photos?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
You look like you're in your early 30s! Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing your secrets and pics.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I checked EDS and they sell IS Youth Complex and IS Eye Complex.

Did you get the one for the eyes?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |