Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best deep conditioner you have used?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a deep conditioner for dry hair, any suggestions?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
A mix of coconut and palm oil works excellent for me. I use this pre-shampoo and leave it on about 20-30 minutes.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
A mix of coconut and palm oil works excellent for me. I use this pre-shampoo and leave it on about 20-30 minutes.

That is a great idea! I love inexpensive easy solutions like this. Where do you purchase your coconut and palm oil from, the organic store?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:

That is a great idea! I love inexpensive easy solutions like this. Where do you purchase your coconut and palm oil from, the organic store?

I bought mine from GardenOfWisdom.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks I will check this site out.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
What function do you need?
Recently I try Federic Fekkei's hair glaze.Actually it's used after normal conditioner. The result is that it makes my hair silky and bright than ever.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
carmina wrote:
What function do you need?
Recently I try Federic Fekkei's hair glaze.Actually it's used after normal conditioner. The result is that it makes my hair silky and bright than ever.

I dye my hair and it is a bit on the dry side. I have tried the glaze and for some reason it weighed my hair down.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:

I dye my hair and it is a bit on the dry side. I have tried the glaze and for some reason it weighed my hair down.

Sorry, my hair is straight so I like the glaze's effect very much.
LUSH maybe have some product suitable to your need Very Happy .
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into Lush. I'm actually going to the mall today and they have a store, so I'll stop by.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
My hair can be dry like shredded wheat!
The best deep conditioners i have used are kerastase oleo relax hair masque or redken all soft avocado hair conditioner (not the heavy cream that is too thick to penetrate my hair).

I have recently dicovered porosity control with a ph of 4.5 it is a really watery liquid and thought it would work on my hair but it did! I was shocked, used it this weekend. Put it on my hair for five mins rinsed it off then followed with redken. My hair still feels soft and its less brittle which means there will be less breakage.

Good luck
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Clinicare by pantene works really well for my dry hair. Smile Also it's inexpensive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I love kerastase hair masque. They are several lines according to your needs. It's a bit pricey but you need tiny bit each time and the jar lasts forever.

For conditioner, my new fav is L'oreal EverPure.. it's for color-treated hair.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
coconut oil and leave-in conditioners tweaked by me by adding a little honeyquat.

BF
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask by Aubrey Organics.

I have long long hair that I almost never trim. This is one of the few things that makes all my split ends disappear, while keeping it soft and bouncy. Most other deep conditioners weighed my hair down. I have a hard time finding it now, but it is listed on the Aubrey Organics Website.
starxiao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used to DIY conditioner with essential oils and carrier oils

put 3drop rosemary essential oils to 5ml jojoba oil and massage you head and leave for around half an hour
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I use Coconut, or Jojoba oils. I put oil on my hair for an hour before washing. I use to add egg and a spoon of lemon juice to the oil, but I don't like the egg smell Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
A mixture of Jojoba, coconut, avocado and macadamia oils works well as a pre-treatment.
starxiao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
more tips

clary sage also good for hair

when using shampoo,to put one drop in your shampoo and massage your hair
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for all of the suggestions!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Kiehls Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse
for dry or damaged hair

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Two that I love are Joico K-Pack and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep recovery Hair Mask. I have color treated hair(blonde hilights) and these are my absolute faves!
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Lavender, Rosemary and Clary Sage essential oils is good to hair. However, you must mix them in the carrier oils, such as Jojoba oil. Jojoba Oil is also very good to the dry hair~
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Terax is one of the best conditioner I've ever used for my hairs. After using it for a few years, there is a huge improvement in the condition of my hair which becomes very soft and silky. Expensive, but worth it to me!!!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Redken Extreme Fuel is powerful but doesn't weigh down my fine highlighted hair or leave it stringy or greasy. Affordable and easy to find too.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |