Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Japanese skincare brands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I know many of you here are familiar with the various mainstream Japanese brands such as Sofina, Kose, Shiseido and Kanebo. But do any of you use their sub-brands?
I'm really interested in trying Shiseido's Deliaid and d program and Kanebo's freeplus range but I can only find one or two English reviews of them, with no ingredients listing.
I'd love to hear more of your experiences with using these brands

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
ive only used SK11 thats about it, everything is bout being 'fair' for asian brands Lol
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Definately. Within each sub-brand, theres always a whitening range. Even though, I'm not looking to whiten my skin, somehow I do get attracted to the whitening ranges. I think its more to do with the fact that I want to whiten my acne marks rather than whiten my overall skintone.

The three brands that I'm interested in- Deliaid, d program and freeplus arent targeted to whiten the skin but they are for sensitive skin, without the "bad" ingredients.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Definately. Within each sub-brand, theres always a whitening range. Even though, I'm not looking to whiten my skin, somehow I do get attracted to the whitening ranges. I think its more to do with the fact that I want to whiten my acne marks rather than whiten my overall skintone.

The three brands that I'm interested in- Deliaid, d program and freeplus arent targeted to whiten the skin but they are for sensitive skin, without the "bad" ingredients.

Well, as an Asian, I prefer Japanese products' texture to most US & Euro bands. They usually make me very comfortable while applying, and they're good at moisturizing.
The 3 brands u mentioned are known as "bad ingredients free", so they are quite fit for sensitive skin. But remember, they can do neary nothing other than excellent moisturizing.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
As far as I know, Cle de Peau Beaute: the best line among all the shisedo products.
Cosme Decorte: an outstanding sub-brand of Kose, the most famous product maybe
Sekkisei: sub-brand of Kose famous for its whitening lotion.
Other good brands such as SK-II, Albion.
Cle de Peau, Cosme Decorte, Albion, and SKII are most recommended among Japanese brands.
Some of their products are really good, but also very expensive.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
nevava wrote:
Well, as an Asian, I prefer Japanese products' texture to most US & Euro bands. They usually make me very comfortable while applying, and they're good at moisturizing.
The 3 brands u mentioned are known as "bad ingredients free", so they are quite fit for sensitive skin. But remember, they can do neary nothing other than excellent moisturizing.

Yes, I find that I too prefer to use Asian brands for my skin. Even the Asian drugstore products are superior that the European drugstore brands, IMO.

Have you happened to use any of those three brands mentioned?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I really love Japanese and Korean brands, especially the off-beat ones. Even though my skin is white as chalk with pink undertones, I find they're much better suited to oilier complexions and they really have some innovative items that I haven't found US equivalents of.

Some examples for me are:

*Kiss Me Magical Pore Care (I think this is actually from Hong Kong or Taiwan although the product says Made in Japan) - I get this on ebay or Bobodave and it's really magic in a tube. It's a silicone-free oil-absorbing lotion that dries within 30 seconds and leaves my skin feeling matte for a good couple of hours or even more. I have so many of these stockpiled that it's ridiculous.

*Lepoze Oil-Off Mist - another ebay or Bobodave find, although a couple of other websites do sell it. The little bottle has oil-absorbing sediment at the bottom, you shake it up, spray on your face, and the grease is gone. Love, love this product.

*This isn't skincare, but I do need to mention Shiseido's Tsubaki haircare line. Their conditioner is the best I've used. Nothing else compares and it smells so good.

*Mandom Cleansing Express makeup remover - you can get this from a lot of places, including your local Asian markets if you have one nearby (such as Marukai). It beats out cleansing oils. It's just like water and removes everything - no scent and no stinging.

*I love the Salux body cloth, which you can get all over the internet or in an Asian market. It's a nylon cloth that scrubs off every last bit of dead skin.

*Kose Airy Whip cleansing foam is a great cleanser for sensitive skin. It doesn't strip at all.

*Etude House's Aqua Sherbet line (got this on ebay) is wonderful for oily skin and I also like many of Skinfood's products (also on ebay). Skinfood makes great scrubs, masks and cleansers.

Sorry for rambling, but Asian lines are probably my most favorite beauty topic!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
^^^Thanks for the mini reviews of those products!
I do agree that Asian beauty products are more effective and have cuter packaging Wink but one thing I dont like is that they dont have the ingredients list, well not in English Mad

Have you tried other Mandom beauty products? They have a range which apparently gives you the skin of a baby

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you on the ingredients! I'm a big stickler for trying to avoid parabens, but for some odd reason, I tend to ease up a little if I find an Asian product I love that may or may not have them. My Kiss Me and Lepoze items don't list the ingredients in English, so I just take my chances with them. They're too good to give up.

I wish I lived near an Asian market like Marukai, but I don't, so I make it a point to stock up when I'm visiting my in-laws in Los Angeles. They put stickers on the products that translate the ingredients, so I know my Tsubaki haircare and Mandom cleanser is paraben-free.

I haven't tried the other Mandom products, but now I'm intrigued! I'm going to LA in December, so I'll check out the line at Marukai then. It's probably a good thing I don't have one so close to me. I'd be broke...
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I know, freeplus is normally available in drugstores and with good price. One of my friends use it for skin care. How to say... she said she did not have any special feeling on it~ neither feeling good nor bad~
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
TheBaroness - Its true. Even though I try to avoid some ingredients, as I dont understand Japanese/Korean, I sometimes take the risk and trial the product anyway.

The other Mandom stuff looks nice and I found a random review on it saying that its hydrating and nice on the skin. Plus the price is quite reasonable.

Laughing Its best to keep away from those beauty stores/market. Imagine what you'll be like atually living in Asia

lilyofthevalley Is freeplus a drugstore brand in Japan or all over Asia?
I've also read that freeplus is a very basic line for sensitive skin, thats why I want to try their lotions and emulsion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that Mandom brand was marketed towards men ???

Check out this old 70s Mandom TV ad, featuring Charles Bronson. I just LOVE the part where he flings his shirt off... while smoking a pipe heheh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bqVL0VXrE
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah, first of all I'm not sure if you've heard about adambeauty site, recently he added those two lines that you are interested in so you can check it out. His prices are very reasonable as well Very Happy

I haven't tried the two lines myself but I also know that they are for sensitive skins. You can always check the reviews for those products on cosme.net (It's in Japanese so you can play around with copy/paste the name in the search box, then use google translate, I do this all the time!)

For other sub-brands, I've tried IPSA (owned by Shiseido) and love some of their products but wouldn't recommend if you have sensitive skin as I found them to be containing tons of alcohol. Shiseido Revital lines are great for woman in their 30s, my mom loves it a lot. I've tried a whole line Kanebo Blanchir in the past but didn't see any obvious results that I was looking for.

Other than the two lines that you mentioned, you might also be interested in Shiseido "D program" line, it's for sensitive skin as well. Here's the link http://www.shiseido.co.jp/dp/products/skincare.htm

Ayura is another brand owned by Shiseido, they also have products for sensitive skin and what I love about them is that they have a site in English!! http://www.ayura.co.jp/en/Products/

I love Japanese products especially their makeup (Jill Stuart, Maquillage, Coffet d'or, Lunasol, RMK etc) so hopefully those help Very Happy I also knows a seller that offers to buy many brands that you want in Japan, he's very reliable.. I ordered many stuff from him already! (Not trying to advertising here since I don't know him, I'm just another sucker for Japanese stuff and glad to share my little knowledge) Laughing

Currently I'm using Cle de peau and I really like some of their products despite the prices, but I got many of them from ebay so =)
sophia1015
5% products discount

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Kose is the only brand I may try. But Japanese Products is not nature enough. Much prefer UK and Sweden products.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Christine- Yes, I was planning on buying the deliaid and freeplus on adambeauty.com, as shipping is included in the price so it works out great. I've bought from him before and his service is very efficient.
I mentioned Shiseidp's d program in my first post but I cant seem to find any reputable place to purchase the range from so I'm waiting til when I go to Asia and see what the price is like before trying out their products.
Someone recommended cosme.net to me for checking out ingredients list but google translate and babelfish sometimes does not recognise some ingredients so I've given up on it.
Thanks for the Ayura weblink. I'll check it out now seeing as its all in English Very Happy

appletini
The Mandom products I was refering to is for women and not the hair styling products. You should have seen them in sasa in HK. The packaging is of a cute baby Razz

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |