Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

302 vs. CalmSkin???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I've just purchased several 302 products and now I'm hearing about CalmSkin. For those that know, please explain the differences. Is one better than the other? They both seem to have the same non acid approach to healthy skin. Thanks for your help! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Per Dr. H.

"Calmskin skincare is a separate company managed by another group, not the 302 group. They probably share manufacturing facilities though. But Dr H knows these people very well and they involved Dr H in their formulations in the beginning. They pay royalties to license the use of Avogen (Dr. H's patented ingredient) in some of the Calmskin products. I think somebody else was asking about the differences between Calmskin and 302. The main difference is that Calmskin can be bought without going through a professional. You are guided in what products to use via their website. Calmskin is not a cheaper version of 302. The price points are about the same. There are differences in the formulations, though some products (like the Soothe/Ointment, bars, and Recovery Minerals) are very similar. The Calmskin C is stronger than the C Boost but not as strong as the Lightening drops. The Calmskin Rebuild is stronger than the 302 serum but not as strong as the 302 Plus Serum. There are also less options to choose from in Calmskin, but if you have fairly good skin and not having major inflammatory problems, you may find Calmskin a good choice. Here is Dr H's explanation of how to pick which line from awhile back:

You can mix 302 and Calmskin – they are compatible in correcting visible aging solutions – for inflammation, however, I would rather it be a one or the other ...

I would like to see these inflamed skin types choose either 302 or Calmskin. Pick one. They have different solution approaches, but both will solve the problem. At the Calmskin site you’ll find a lot of warnings about mixing with other product lines – recall that this site is oriented toward inflamed skin and one of the big problems for these people is acids and/or mixing product lines – they grab a little Aquaphor here, some MD Forte there and a dollop of Gold Bond and end up with a disaster.

As to aging, the assumption is that the end-user in Calmskin has progressed from inflammation through irritation to just pinking and finally to stability and ultimately can wean themselves away from ‘healing’ products and go on to visible aging solutions. At that point, both Calmskin and 302 are quite compatible and indeed so is the topical product universe.

Choosing between Calmskin and 302 where irritation and skin inflammation is concerned comes down to personal inclinations. Calmskin starts off with a cleanser and a product called Soothe – a kind of ointment that is quite light and takes down inflammation like, right now. Calmskin has a Mist which is a bit different because it is really oriented to, well, calming the skin. As the user improves she would add Repair to the mix. It is a progressive, self-guided regime. In time, the other products that combat visible aging are brought to bear. Now obviously, someone without inflammation could jump ahead and go right to visible aging solutions and find some very potent products. That’s fine and makes sense for those unable to profit from the skills of a pro.

302 is the choice for those who have access to an excellent skincare pro. There are not a lot of them. I can say that almost all, but by no means every one, of our 302 estheticians and docs are very savvy, experienced and careful. Some are just spectacular in what they are able to do. This is a very competitive business at the pro spa level and it is the one or two person shop that is best in my experience – they made it because they are good – not because they have a glorious setting, though some do – but because they are just heads above more experienced, knowledgeable, capable – and it takes at least 7 years to get really good at this sport. The propaganda coming from product and hardware marketers is just overwhelming and most of it just ridiculous. Picking and choosing products and hardware is an art form in itself – as you and your EDS members well know – what works for Mary won’t necessarily work for Jane, even if they share many similar traits. There is simply no substitute for seeing a lot of different skin. The skin pro, a good one, will hone in on the solution much more efficiently and correctly than a self-diagnosis.

Calmskin is for more independent souls who don’t have time or inclination to see a pro or simply don’t have good results when they do. As long as everyone understands, less is best, however, it will all work.

See ya, R
"
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl-Thanks for that informative explaination! As you might have read in my posts, I do plan on seeing an esty, who is knowledgeble with 302 products next week. Hopefully she will lead me in the right direction with my skin care needs. 302 may or may not be right for me, but I will find out soon enough! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I copied that info from the 302 thread, sandralee. Boski provided that info from Dr. H (can't remember what page it was on). Not sure if you are aware or not, but all the blue text on the 302 thread is all information directly from Dr. H that Boski has provided us!
Nitika
5% products discount

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Calmskin line because I emailed 302 and received no answer. I've been using Calmskin for a few days, and it is wonderful.

If you go to the Calmskin website and select your skin type, you will see comprehensive instructions on what to do. I love everything that I ordered.
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Calmskin is good.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm 50 and had been using moisturizers for a few years since my skin started to dry. But moisturizers were doing nothing to help the aging process. Calmskin and 302 get the skin to moisturize itself. That's the key. It's not what you put on your skin, but what your skin can do from the inside. I've also added facial exercise.

Anything that works from the inside—nutrition, body and face exercise, etc—will help your skin. Calmskin takes this approach.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Nitika wrote:
I'm 50 and had been using moisturizers for a few years since my skin started to dry. But moisturizers were doing nothing to help the aging process. Calmskin and 302 get the skin to moisturize itself. That's the key. It's not what you put on your skin, but what your skin can do from the inside. I've also added facial exercise.

Anything that works from the inside—nutrition, body and face exercise, etc—will help your skin. Calmskin takes this approach.

This (the bolded words) is a claim from the manufacturer of 302Skincare. It would be wonderful if this was the case, but there is no evidence or per reviewed publications showing that avogen/avocatin 302 (the main ingredients in 302Skincare and Calmskin) is effective in increasing moisture levels or combating signs of aging. Unfortunately.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
You are probably right, Septembergirl. I'm trying a multi-step approach—eating whole foods, exercising body and face, getting omegas 3, 6, 7, and 9, and Calmskin. I like the lipid approach. It works for my hair, too. I use a lipid-based shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is long, shiny, and gorgeous.

I don't think we can rely on any given product to keep us youthful. State of mind is important, too.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
To use the 302 skincare line, do you have to see a doc? I thought there was a rep on here that sold the products and honored our EDS discount. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with this line and am thinking about taking the plunge after I finish my current products. Also, one more question, which line do you think would be best for me? I have no idea which to pick. I am about to be 28 and have breakouts every so often. I am more concerned with anti-aging effects and preventing lines and wrinkles. I do get hyperpigmention every so often from pimples, but nothing excessive. Thanks in advance!
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Kdd,

While 302's Dr Huber recommends seeing a professional i.e. a Dr or Esty that works with the product line, they WILL allow you to purchase via the phone. But, that is after an"interview" in which you level of knowledge is evaluated.
I being an RN was given a veteran "representative" that could answer my very technical, chemical, and biological questions.
While everyone was very professional and polite-I found the process tedious. With the absence of concrete proof that this molecule actually can penetrate the dermis and produce RESULTS- I'll be tyring the less expensive and time consuming Calm Skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
Kdd,

While 302's Dr Huber recommends seeing a professional i.e. a Dr or Esty that works with the product line, they WILL allow you to purchase via the phone. But, that is after an"interview" in which you level of knowledge is evaluated.
I being an RN was given a veteran "representative" that could answer my very technical, chemical, and biological questions.
While everyone was very professional and polite-I found the process tedious. With the absence of concrete proof that this molecule actually can penetrate the dermis and produce RESULTS- I'll be tyring the less expensive and time consuming Calm Skin

Alien,

Thanks for the information. I'd love to hear how Calm Skin works out for you. I'm not really looking to go through a tedious process unless I know it will work. I may hold out to see how other members results come are coming along first.
havana8

Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I liked the Calm Skin Soothe SPF-22 (very similar to 302's RX Ointment but with a slightly different texture) but found their Cleanser too strong for my skin and the Mist irritating on its own. In contrast, I found both the 302 Sensitive and Regular Cleansers to be quite gentle. I've not tried the 302 Mists. HTHs!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
havana8,
I'm so glad you posted this! I had my Calmskin shopping cart loaded with the intro kit, and ready to purchase when I saw your post. So then I went digging through the 302 thread and found another post from another member saying something similar. Given that I have rosacea, and my biggest problem is the redness (I don't really have any acne), I think the Calmskin cleanser is not a good choice for me.

Here's mcshopper's post, saying almost the same thing you did:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=451542&highlight=calmskin#451542

Thank you!
Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |