Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yikes! burned self with Lactic peel..ughhh Any suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Confused Embarassed Mad
UGGHHH!
I do not know what I did wrong, except that maybe my skin was in a sensitive-mode. I have done this peel before, but this time, within mins it killed and certain areas blistered.
I think of myself as a great DIY'er...but I messed up royally!! Crying or Very sad
Ok, I will stop the sobbing!
I used a PH prep before and after,as well.
I did this yesterday evening..thinking it would harmlessly boost my melasma fighting summer, and Boy did I learn that lesson! Shock Mad
So, all I have been doing is using emu-oil and jane iredale powder for sunblock 2day.
Do you think Pro-light will help?
It is just sort-of crusty and patchy. Not unbearable to look at, but bad.

Any advice is SUPER-APPRECIATED!

xoxox,
Amanda
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I think guapa girl did the same thing years ago.
You could do a search. What I remember was that the lactic acid wouldn't do any permanent harm. I also remember that honey was suggested as a topical.
I'll go look for the thread and see if I can pull it up.
Well guapagirl did do this awhile back but with glycolic acid. It healed fine.
I can't remember who did it w/lactic acid but I remember that when she went to her derm, he joked that people pay alot of money to have this done in the office, assured her it would be fine and suggested honey. Now that is if you are not allergic to it. Maybe try a small spot and she how your skin reacts.
hth
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Manuka honey if I remember rightly. And aloe vera would help too I'm sure, if you have it growing.
Don't worry I'm sure it'll be OK. Just be gentle and let it heal. A gentle cleanse, then some aloe vera and then some manuka honey is what I'd do.
They always recommend doing a test patch before every peel, as your skin doesn't respond the same way every time. But I guess you know that now. Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Be careful to let it totally heal before pulling off the peels. If there are blisters, try not to pop them.
Aloe vera, honey and emu oil are great suggestions, just be sure and keep it hydrated. After my laser peel, I did rinses with sterile water and a diluted face wash like Purpose using a guaze pad, twice a day. Then my doc had me apply a layer of Aquaphor. It really worked and I did not have any breakouts.
Good luck and I am sure it will be fine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I second the aquaphor suggestion.

With any burn, the main things are:

a. Keep the burned patch free of infection
b. Keep it moist
c. Don't do anything to increase the inflammation.

Try to buy sterile saline, and keep it in the refrigerator and rinse your face with that.

Use Aquaphor to keep the area moist

If you use any natural product (i.e. emu oil, aloe vera, honey) be VERY careful with contamination. Some of these products can get easily contaminated with bacteria, which is usually not a big deal, but if you put in a wound (or burned skin) then you can have problems.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
mandapanda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all sooooo much.
I am doing a lot of what you have suggested..
It is starting to feel better. Smile
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
My favorite healing adjuncts are Aloe, followed by Sea Buckthorn Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, and Avocado (the oil or fresh avocado). If I recall correctly, there was a study showing the effectiveness in using Rosehip Seed Oil in treating radiation burns. For some people, fresh cucumber can be soothing. If you have access to herbs, comfrey, St John's Wort, or anything with Allatoin are supposed to be great. Hot and cold therapy will help increase circulation to the area and also help speed your recovery.

I hope this helps and best of luck on your speedy recovery! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
After the fact, but this is nice to keep on hand for situations like that:

http://www.woundhoney.com/Wound-Honey-by-ERAS-Natural-Sciences-1-80g-Tube-p/wh-01.htm&click=2?gclid=CP3ojOvh25sCFR9N5QodxC_HAA

I've used manuka honey and emu oil on my DIY peels-gone-wrong without any scarring or infection. It seems to help heal faster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, another case of lactic acid burn. I did the same thing on Sunday. I put on aloe vera gel from the actual plant. The 100% aloe vera gel I bought in a bottle burned my face further. Luckily the burned areas turned brown quickly and peeled off in 3 days. I did peel them off before they came off on their own, and the skin underneath was a little pink. Bad girl! Sad I was told by a MUAC rep that I should have started with only 1-2 minutes. I left the thing on for 15 minutes (or was it 10), not sure, but it was way longer than 1-2 minutes. She also told me I should have cleansed it off with soap and water. I only used water, so I guess some acid didn't get washed off completely, which was why only the right side of my face was burned. I got out of this jam pretty easily, but definitely learned my lesson well. Go easy with the acid next time.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |