Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Never Over The Hill
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I did want to like John and Sandy Hill's products. After having a fruitless one year trial with CPs, I was holding out hope that jojba esters would do something for my 50 year old skin.
After the first application my skin became itchy and broken out-inflammation not acne. I did contact NOTH and received a pleasant response asking me to try a patch test, etc. Which i did-on my wrist. There was no reaction, so i tried again on the face. After 2 applications my face, especially forehead is VERY red-itchy and inflamed.

Sorry, I have to register this as a "Will never Try Again".

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Ok ~ different stroke for different folks ~
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Alien. Yours was a great review because you did compliment NOTCH for their customer service in spite of the fact that one of their products was unsatisfactory for you personnaly. I believe that NOTCH is genuinely trying to help people reach their goals in health & beauty.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
I also think NOTCH tries to make quality products. Though I also had a bad reaction to one of their moisturizers. "Age Defying Moisture Lotion" - after a few days use I noticed my skin became bumpy. When I stopped using it the bumpiness disappeared. I contacted John Hill and he immediately offered me a refund because the product didn't work for me.

So I think their customer service is very good. I'm just using the NOTCH topical fat burner right now, though probably not regularly enough. lol.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
It is true that no one cosmetic product will be compatible with the skin for every person in the world. We all have different skin types based on genetics, health, living conditions, geography, you name it. And we will all react differently to skin care products. In most cases, we can all tolerate these types of products. But in some rare cases there will be adverse reactions.

I wish I could help everyone with the products that I make, and I'm surely helping most. I did work with Alien and maiea to try to get to the root cause of the problem. I took notes on their comments and offered suggestions. When it turned out to be my product, I offered refunds and an apology. It was the right thing to do. The notes will help me make better products in the future, and that's why I appreciate communication with customers, and people who post here on the board.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
What is the NOTCH Jojoba Esters? Is it a facial moisturizer? What is it supposed to do for your skin?
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Jojoba Esters come from the Jojoba plant, which grows naturally in the desert southwestern U.S. This plant has adapted over the centuries to retain moisture at all costs in the dry desert environment. This bioligical fact translates very well as an active ingredient moisturizer in cosmetic products.

Now, jojoba based cosmetic products perform a moisture “occlusive” duty. In other words, natural jojoba esters trap skin moisture at the surface and keep it there over an extended period of time. Skin moisturization is critical to healthy, glowing skin. Second, jojoba esters have clinical testing data proving that they can reduce the depth and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Jojoba esters are excellent at refatting the skin with lipids (wax esters) that are very similar to human skin lipids (wax esters). Keeping the skin soft and supple is also critical to good skin health. Next, the combination of hydrolyzed jojoba esters and glycerin have been show to be extended moisturizing agents. This combination actually hydrates the skin on a continuous basis as long as the product is kept on the skin.

I hope this technical description is helpful to you.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
I'm just using the NOTCH topical fat burner right now, though probably not regularly enough. lol.

Can you keep us posted on how it works for you? I am eyeing this product, but would love to hear from other members first.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
maiea wrote:
I'm just using the NOTCH topical fat burner right now, though probably not regularly enough. lol.

Can you keep us posted on how it works for you? I am eyeing this product, but would love to hear from other members first.

I actually tried it because of all the rave reviews on EDS! People seemed to really like it and they claimed it does what it says it does: reduce the fat just under the skin where you apply it. Unfortunately I'm lazy and use it maybe 1x a week... it's this sticky brown goop, and I usually want to wash it off as soon as I put it on. So I can only find a day or two a week where I know I can put it on, have some time to exercise a bit (or not) and shower it off after an hour or two.

I'm building up my abs so I've got some muscle definition there, but I know there's this layer of fat on top that I want to get rid of so I can get good muscle definition... hopefully I'll eventually get rid of it with this stuff.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
kdd2411 wrote:
maiea wrote:

Here is a review thread on that product:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28488&highlight=topical+fat+burner

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the NOTH Living Lotion for several weeks now, on hands and feet, and I love it. In fact I prefer it to any other lotions and I am trying to use up/give away what I have and just stick with this.

It's substantial and rich feeling yet manages not to be greasy, and the moisturization effect lasts a very, very long time - no reapplication is needed unless I wash my hands with a drying soap. This lotion actually seems to have an improving effect on my skin. I find my hands and feet are simply maintaining a healthy moisture level on their own for much longer than before I began using this moisturizer.

In short this product is a real winner for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for a great feedback review on the function and efficacy of The Original "Living Lotion" Metaphora. Your unsolicited and independent description of what this product is doing for your skin is EXACTLY what it is designed to do. It is formulated to be as similar to your skin's own natural sebum as possible. Therefore, it does not disrupt skin function as virtually every other cream and lotion can, but works with your skin to keep it moisturized at all times. And, you will find your skin will improve continuously with use of the product, and even if you stopped using it, you would not experience an almost instant "drying" effect that all other creams and lotions would cause. That's how the big cosmetic companies get people "hooked" on their products. Stop using them, and you dry out even worse than before! You are almost forced to keep using them in a vicious moisturized/dried out cycle. That's not so with The Original "Living Lotion".

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased Never over the hill Fat Burning Lotion and have tried it for couple of weeks even though the lotion smell is terrible in my opinion. It's so brownish yellow, forget about wearing anything that is not black. Finally I couldnt take the stickiness and smell of it any longer and emailed John with the request to return it. John gave me only partial refund and I still had to pay for shipping the remaining product back to him.
So not sure if it really burns fat since I havent given it enough time to work. I dont mean to offend anyone, just my honest review of the product. Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Some very good products may not fit our own!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I am adding my 2 cents now that I have had some time to use the products!
The lip plumping gloss has replaced my lip fusion both the day clear treatment as well as the night time treatment, they worked for me but the Never Over The Hill works as well if not better! What a price difference! For great results! Will buy again!
Living Lotion, fantastic love moisturized skin no more flaky elbows or knees, lovely moist skin without feeling greasy. This has staying power until washed off, without feeling all buttered up! Will buy again!
Lash Growth product, finally had time to use it regularly, I have been using it for 1 month now and see longer thicker lashes and they grow in normal direction! This is working for me, nice conditioned glossy lashes, great! Will buy again! For me and my insanely sensitive eyes this is amazing no irritation! Will buy again!
When I repurchase I know I will be adding more Never Over The Hill products to my arsenal of skincare regime!
I have to add I love love love the nice simple packaging, yes it is simple it is also functional and I am not paying for some container that is 5 times the size of the product which then needs to be recycled or in some places end up in a land fill!
The CS is exempelary, the honesty refreshing and appreciated and my experience with them has been only extreemly positive in every way!
Thanks to you both!
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, thanks so much for posting your comments on our products. As you know the forum rules does not allow me to post comments on my own products, so your words are very valuable.... and true. Word of mouth advertising is all we use. This helps to keep our costs down (and lower than practically everyone else). So I thank you again for the kind words.

We will continue to produce our products and provide them to all of our satisfied customers. And, stay tuned! We are coming out with a few new state-of-the-art products in early 2010! I'll keep you informed!

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
NOTCH,
You are welcome, I just tell the truth about my experience with the products, expense in comparison to others, your dedication to customer service and your no empty promises way of doing business! I love what I have used so far, and will be a loyal customer for years to come!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
The Living Lotion sounds really great. My skin is dehydrated (fine lines at 21) and nothing will really keep it hydrated or 'glowy'. Ironically, this only happened when I started using moisturizers.

Can the Living Lotion be applied to the face? TIA.

Just remembered, maybe this lotion will help 'Vor'- he posted that his skin was really dehyrated and was looking for something to help!

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |