Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cynthia rowlands facial magic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I was a bit turned off to the exercise that pulls out your top lip....she did not get that great reviews either like CMaggio did. I am assessing different facial exercise programs. and think flexeffect and LouLou's are in the topso far....I am going to blend them together like sister sweets.....Also,I didnt think Rowlands model looked that great...crimony!If you want a success case, pick someone who is at least attractive and not so wrinkly!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

LucyLuc - start with the 14 exercises on FE. and alternate with LouLou's every other day. It won't take but 10 minutes each day... Hey that's nothing.

I do a massage every morning when I wake up - start at my forehead and massage and pinch. Now I am to the point where I do things in the car - if I'm stopped or can do it one-handed. I'm addicted.

I'm going to check out CR program also - just because!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I do FE regularly but also incorporate Cynthia Rowlands exercises in as well. I really like her it is the same concept of FE as you enlongate the muscle then contract. I also find her jaw exercise easier to do as it does not irritate my TMJ. I rarely do Ageless anymore. It is just not as effective for me. I bought Carole Maggios dvd and did not even finish watching she is not for me personally.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I should check out the CR exercises for the Lower face. I am skeptical about FE's jaw exercises with regards to the TMJ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I personally am one of those people that mix and matches although I mainly use FE. If I find an exercise I absolutely dread doing I know darn well that I will not keep it up on an on going basis, so I just find an exercise that works the same muscle but one I can live with. I do not do any of FE's jaw exercises because of my TMJ.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have found the Ageless cheeks are super terrific = but you must do them correctly and then it is a kapow! I love FE but I would not give up Ageless either - that's me anyway. For lower face neither program is my favorite. I need to check out Cynthia's for this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I think I will start incorporating Ageless cheek exercises in again. Maybe do FE's one day and Ageless the next. I have her dvd and she does not make a big deal about how you pinch so much not so exacting like some of the others. You will like Cynthia Rowlands her dvd is very well done and easy to understand.
maggieskat

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have Cynthia Rowland's Facial Magic and want to try this one. I have been impressed with some of the before and afters and not others.

When looking at the FlexEffect, I thought their faces looked more muscular--this could have been subjective as I know Debbie is a bodybuilder.

Has anyone tried Cynthia Rowlands and Flex Effect and if so, which gave you better results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Cynthia's program was the 2nd I tried (1st Eva Fraser) and I did like it. The only thing I found very annoying is the CD count, there's lots of talking prior to it before they get to the actual exercises and you have to fast forward manually to that part and its very fast. Also the video has different models in it, but its very over rehearsed and looks like theyre reading from an autoqueue in most of the scenes.
maggieskat wrote:
Has anyone tried Cynthia Rowlands and Flex Effect and if so, which gave you better results?
maggieskat

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I feel like I'll be able to memorize the facial exercises after awhile and it doesn't bother me personally that there are different models, they are reading their lines, etc. But something that bothered me on Flex Effect is that she goes fast and I worry whether or not the exercises are effective. My biggest concern is the effectiveness. I do think the best thing for me to do is just get started and do the Cynthia Rowland exercises and if that doesn't produce enough changes, then use Flex Effect and other exercises. I guess each facial exercise guru thinks her method is the best, but they probably are all good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Yep its true what your saying, they do seem to rush through the exercises, but your 100% right when you've learned them thats it - you don't need to use the count cd. I just found it frustrating in the beginning to have to fast forward etc, but hey hoe.

Some of Cynthias stuff does look like exercises from FlexEffect so you'll be doing it without even realising. I very much think an exercise is an exercise, and no matter what kind of spin they all put on it, whether count, reps etc, its all doing the same thing isn't it.

I didn't like the book, I found that confusing, but the video was helpful!
rudmon
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
About Facial Magic: how many exercises does this program have and how long does it take to do them. At the moment I'm doing FE.
My special focus is the lines between the brows and loose skin there. Does the program of Cynthia Rowland have good exercises for this area.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I think it has about twenty, but the way you do the program is you start off by doing 2 exercises for a week, and then add another 2 for a week, and then add another two etc. There is an exercise for that area, but to be honest its not really any different from FlexEffect’s one, so to be honest if that’s the problem area for you I don’t think you will find anything majorily different. I do like her, but I was a little put off recently when I saw her on a youtube video as she is a little fat (sorry but I can say that because I’m the same as her) and so for me her face doesn’t look gaunt for sure, but I can’t see major muscles on show etc and wonder if her stuff is as effective as its made out to be, and she ‘s a little like Carole Maggio in that she’s got her own skincare line and a lot of recommendations in the book are to use her products. One thing I do like about her though is this youtube video she did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2zTSbiBhF4

You rarely see any of the other program creators teaching the classes live and she delivers a very powerful presentation to me anyhow that is very encouraging and none of the other program creators ever seem to do this which I think is a shame because I think people would really be open to it if they did. I’ve not seen any others. I’m not against facial exercises, I’m pretty much all for them and have done them last 10 years but just wanted to share my thoughts!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I have always thought that Cynthia Rowland looked great with such awesome plumpness in her face for her age. But you're totally right, TheresaMary, she carries much more weight on her than the other facial exercise experts, but she usually hides it very well through her clothes. Still, I think she looks terrific!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I agree, but to me it does bring the old question up of weight and weight loss/gain and how the face looks. This is what Aprile was saying in the facercise thread, that you want to have some fat, but not a lot of it for the face to look healthy. I've not actually seen anyone thin who does facial exercises and looks great, they all seem rather plumpy.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |