Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I have find a great routine for adult acne !!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost 30 years old and I have been battleling with acne as long as I can remember. I have been on many forum and web site and I have try many many products over the years.Here is what I discover:

-Using all the same brand of products doesn't work more then mix and matching.

- Product specially for teen acne is too drying for adult acne. And using them made my skin more oily then ever.

-Product sold on TV are nor bad...but too expensive at the end of the year for small bottle.

This is what I do now. It a mix and match of recommendation from my dermatologist, Paula Begoun, acne.org, Proactiv and more ...

AM
-mild light foaming cleanser ( right now I'm using PSF gentle castille )
-Light moisturizer that contain BHA and AHA ( Bare Escentual bare vitamins )
-For now I only use Mary Kay concealer on blemish and Mary Kay loose powder. No more creamy or liquid foundation did help clearing my skin a lot.

PM
-Same mild foaming cleanser
-Apply a gel texture BHA ( Neutrogena Acne stress control )
-a small amount of benzoyl peroxide ( Spetro Acne Care at beginning I use it every night, now I only use it 2-3 times a week to maintain )
-Good amount of moisturiser ( Spectro HydraCare for acne prone skin )
-Finally 3 time a week I apply a face self tanner because the BP make me sooo white ( Biotherm Sun Tan gel)

This routine of mild cleansing, BHA-AHA , BP and moisturiser really help my moderate adult acne. I have no more pimples ( for the past 2-3 months ) my acne scars are fading away too. At the beginning it is weird to put so many layer of products on my skin and especially to and moisturiser on top of that butt now my skin is used to that routine and really needs the moisture.

I hope my routine can help others. These product are not expensive and easy to find.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kat, thanks for sharing~ I think what you discovered was absolutely right! I normally mix and match the skin care products i/o only using one brand.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
lilyofthevalley wrote:
Kat, thanks for sharing~ I think what you discovered was absolutely right! I normally mix and match the skin care products i/o only using one brand.

I do the same! I take the product(s) that work from each line and use them as my routine instead of the whole line.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |