Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How mant supplements do you take and when do you take them?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
over50

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have started taking several supplements and I am not sure when to take them so they are the most effective.
So far I take:
Thyroid, estrogen, vitamin, hair and nail, calcium, green tea, cinnamon, vit c and msm.
Is this too many?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you're taking too many. Although you do have to be careful about the dosage.
Check out this link:
http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/2461007.html#V

I'm currently taking the following on a daily basis (recommended by my ND):

Breakfast:
Fish Oil
Calcium Citrate

Lunch:
B6 Complex

Dinner:
Fish Oil
Calcium Citrate

When my TOTM comes around I take 3 capsules of B6 complex, 3 capsules of magnesium citrate per day along with 1 evening primrose oil capsule.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I took all mine at night after dinner. This seem to be the only time that I can remember to do so. Does the timing make a difference?
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
once upon a time, i only took multivitamins but lately my skin has been so horrible!! so now i'm taking Evening Primrose Oil, zinc and biosil for my skin, and salmon oil, acidophilus and a green supplement for general health.
as soon as i stop breastfeeding i will also take msm and B5.
i take most of them right before breakfast, because i read somewhere it's best to take supplements right before meals. (hope i'm not wrong).
phew!! hope i'm not overloading my body!! Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
i'm only taking Evening Primrose Oil.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
i m taking evening primrose, vit C & ginko.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
green tea extract
alpha lipoic acid
HA capsule
omega 3

I take all these after meal.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I take Fish Oil,Woman One A Day,Vitamin C
after meal.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
First thing in the morning with a glass of juice every other day:
Multi-vit
Calcium + D (afternoon)
Magnesium
Green Tea
Essential Oil (fish & flax)
Selenium
CQ10
Soy
Chlorella
Cha De Bugre (just started)
Milk Thistle (twice a week for liver cleanse)

Every other day:
Glass of OJ mixed with scoop of Dragon Herb's Total Alchemey (71 in 1) green nutrients.

I skip any on weekends.

My herbalist helped me come up with it since my hysterectomy 2 years ago. Helps with my workouts and skin looks great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I take:

Multi
Minerals
Magnesium
Flax seed oil
Sometimes zinc
B complex
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
AM:
Glucosamine/Chondroitan/MSM
Vitamin C
B Complex
Folic Acid
Biotin

PM:
Glucosamine/Chondroitan/MSM
Vitamin C
Omega 3
Primrose Oil
(occasionally Triphila)
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I notice a huge difference in my skin when I slack off on my vitamins. It becomes dull and dry when I get lazy. I mostly try to follow DebbieNIR's (from SCB) Perricone list. I divide mine over breakfast, lunch and dinner:

MSM
Biosil
Fish oil
Borage oil
multivitamin
Vit C
DMAE
Gamma E Tocopherol complex
NSI Tocomin Tocotrienols
NSI Q-Gel CoQ10
calcium chewables
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (Tonalin) (for weight control)
Glucosamine/Chondroitin (for joints)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I take all my vitamins and minerals at night as my naturopath said while you sleep they have a better chance of working.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mardy Bum wrote:
I take all my vitamins and minerals at night as my naturopath said while you sleep they have a better chance of working.

Really. I am glad that I do so then.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I take a multivitamin and vitamin C after dinner because that's when I usually remember to take them.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I take 27 vitamin pills a day. it takes me 15 minutes because its hard for to swallow pills I have to do it 1 at a time. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc,
I have to take mine one at a time, too! The MSM and biosil go into my morning juice/distilled water mix.

Do you take all 27 pills around the same time, or do you spread them out over the day? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
If you swallow them with juice it makes them go down easier. I can't swallow but one at a time with water, but with juice I can swallow a handful. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I take all my supplements in the morning with a huge glass of water since it's the only time I can remember them. Very Happy I'll usually skip taking them on weekends and I definitely notice the lack if I DON'T take them for a week.

Nature's Way ALIVE!! multi - [I don't take the full dose of 6 capsules, reduce it to 3]
New Chapter - Vitamin E food complex
New Chapter - Zyflammend
New Chapter - Turmericforce
New Chapter - Host Defense [will double up on this dose if colds/flu going around]
New Chapter - Critical anti-oxidants
New Chapter - Vitamin C
Nordic Naturals - complete EFA
Coral Calcium supplement

during my monthlys, I'll take an additional B, C and evening primrose supplements.

I also remember hearing from somewhere it's best to take in the mornings so you can benefit from them most during your waking hours. I'd be very interested in hearing the definitive answer to WHEN is the best time to take V&S...

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I take them all at once, one at a time 27 of them,I do not spread them thruout the day. I havent really had a stomachache from it but sometimes the big pills feel stuck and it hurts for awhile.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I take them all at once, one at a time 27 of them,I do not spread them thruout the day. I havent really had a stomachache from it but sometimes the big pills feel stuck and it hurts for awhile.

27 of them ? That's quite a lot I have to say. Cool

I had problem of taking calcium - I always end up throwing up, I don't know if its due the size of the pill, or what's in the pill. Anyone else has this experience with Calcium?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="iaimei
I had problem of taking calcium - I always end up throwing up, I don't know if its due the size of the pill, or what's in the pill. Anyone else has this experience with Calcium?[/quote]

iaimei, I used to get nauseous taking calcium supplements if I didn't take it with a meal or big glass of milk but don't have any trouble with the coral calcium. I think it had to do with the inclusion of vitamin D, magnesium and zinc

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Mardy Bum
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have Calcium in my Vitamin tablet and I take an extra supplement of Calcium and Magnesium and have never felt sick, but I always take them with my main meal, not sure but maybe thats the trick.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am thinking about including Coral Calcium in my routine but do not know of a good source. Can someone tell me a good brand of Coral Calcium do you use. I am concerned about osteo. Thanks
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I take my multi-vit in the morning and my extra calcium supplement with dinner. Your body does limited calcium absorbtion at one time.
I take extra magnesium as well in the morning but if I take too much it upsets my stomach. That's why the juice helps. When I take everything with water, I feel queasy and it's hard to swallow them. Now later I follow everything up with a half gallon of water throughout the day.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |