Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fixed Tear Trough Sunkenness w/o using Juvederm or filler
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I want to share my newly found beauty secret with you all. I have not posted in a while because I really wanted to wait to make sure it is not just a fluke.

First let me remind you all about my tear trough situation.

I have had a minor hollowness in my tear troughs (more on the right side) for quite some time, and been considering filling the tear trough areas with juvederm. (Some of you might remember my post about the juvie.) However, while investigating the cost, I had an accident. I burned my face with lactic acid by leaving it on too long and not properly washing it off. In trying to treat the burn, I was too afraid to use anything chemical, so I turned to only aloe vera juice from the actual plant, and after washing that off, I liberally applied avocado oil all over my face, eyelids included.

Some of you might also recall that I posted about my upper eyelids that became sunken after using a certain eye cream. Well, the next morning, when I woke up, my upper lids were plump. I could only imagine that it was due to the avocado oil.

So I got an idea! I decided to apply avocado oil on all areas that need plumping every night, and I use a lot of it, so my face looks pretty greasy. I don't know if this is a good idea for those with oily skin, but it doesn't break me out at all.

My nightly routine now is just cleanse, apply retin-a all over, followed by avocado oil all over, including lips.

I don't have sunken tear troughs, or sunken upper lids any more. Even my NL lines are becoming fuller.

When I wash my face in the morning, the sunkenness does return, but with each passing day, it seems to be less sunken looking. This is why I've waited this long to post about this experience because I could not believe just a simple avocado oil could do this magic for me. I really don't know if it would work for everyone, but it does work for me. I won't be able to live without the oil now. I don't know if other oil like macadamia nut oil or olive oil will work the same magic, but I'm not going to change since the avocado oil works for me.

I am a happy camper. I save so much not having to use juvederm. Thank god for that little burn accident that leads me to this discovery of avocado oil.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great! I'm going to give this a try, I love and use all kinds of oils.

My problem is that I have blue veins popping out directly under my eyes. I HATE them. They do seem to come and go, I'm not sure whether this is due to tiredness or what. I'll definitely try out the Avocado Oil because some plumping is just what I need in that area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
How funny, I just slathered on some avocado oil myself, and was going to let it soak in while I catch up on EDS. Later, I'll wipe off the excess with a warm wet cloth, and then use my Rosacea LightStim. I got that tip from Kassy_A! I'm loving my avocado oil, too...plumps up the skin nicely, and no clogged pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Bira - Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, let me know if it works for you, too, about plumping up the skin. I don't know what to do with the blue vein under the eye though. Maybe you'll have to get it lasered.

Nadjazz, try leaving the oil overnight. I found that it works so well if I do it at night and leave it to soak all night long.

Of course, I go to bed looking ugly but hey, I wake up pretty, so who cares?

Sister, you're welcome.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify is this avocado oil that you get in the supermarket? I've never got it before. Any particulars for the avocado oil required?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I like this idea.Why???Because it is CHEAP and SAFE Cool My beauty budget has been cut back to $5,000 a yr, I need something cheap!!!Its on my list for tommorrow's shopping trip
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kelieu....that vein thing is weird!!!I get that too sometimes...BUT.....it comes and goes on my chest Laughing I think this is due to fluid levels in the body...that when I am dehydrated I can see my veins...it doesnt happen all the time but too often!!!!And Crap I just invested in a new rack and cant show it off when it looks like I have a rand Mcnally map on my chest Laughing
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I feel a cheap streak coming over me! I already have sunflower seed oil, castor oil, fish oil, olive oil, almond oil...heck I even have pennzoil! Why cant I use oil I already have?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
http://ezinearticles.com/?Super-Skin-Care-Tip---Use-Avocado-Oil-For-Skin-That-Glows&id=2602294 well I think I answered that ?.Avocado oil seems to be very good for the skin!
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
wow, only $10 for 4 oz

http://www.naturesgift.com/carrier_oils/avocadoOil.htm

It's worth a try Very Happy
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
is this still working for you Bira? thinking of getting some, but have sooo many oils that I never get around to using :S

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I really like this avocado oil! I use it on my neck at night after either skinmedica retinol cream aor skinceuticals retin a and it has really helped to get rid of light wrinkling on the neck.I love how it feels too...thinking of using it on my face now....
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

My problem is that I have blue veins popping out directly under my eyes. I HATE them. They do seem to come and go, I'm not sure whether this is due to tiredness or what. I'll definitely try out the Avocado Oil because some plumping is just what I need in that area.

Keliu I feel your pain! I have extremely white skin and I also have blue veins under my eyes. It makes me look tired all the time!

The problem with these veins is that:

a. Doing sclerotherapy poses the danger of a blood clot forming. When you do this in the leg, the worst that can happen is a thrombosis in the leg, which you treat and that's sort of it.
But the veins under the eyes are connected to brain veins and there have been reports of thrombosis extending to the brain veins. I would never ever risk brain damage to fix under eye veins!

b. Doing laser poses 2 risks:
1. If by any chance the laser is misdirected... you can end up with eye injury and even blindess
2. The skin there is so thing that many times the skin is burned in the process of "zapping" the veins Sad

The best solution is either surgical excision (for which you need a VERY experienced oculoplastic surgeon) or a lower blepharoplasty with tissue grafts kind of thing (they sort of "push" the veins back when they do it so they show less).

I'm not ready for either of them (I'm scared of surgical procedures!) so for now I just put up with looking tired Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Keliu I feel your pain! I have extremely white skin and I also have blue veins under my eyes. It makes me look tired all the time!

The problem with these veins is that:

a. Doing sclerotherapy poses the danger of a blood clot forming. When you do this in the leg, the worst that can happen is a thrombosis in the leg, which you treat and that's sort of it.
But the veins under the eyes are connected to brain veins and there have been reports of thrombosis extending to the brain veins. I would never ever risk brain damage to fix under eye veins!

b. Doing laser poses 2 risks:
1. If by any chance the laser is misdirected... you can end up with eye injury and even blindess
2. The skin there is so thing that many times the skin is burned in the process of "zapping" the veins Sad

The best solution is either surgical excision (for which you need a VERY experienced oculoplastic surgeon) or a lower blepharoplasty with tissue grafts kind of thing (they sort of "push" the veins back when they do it so they show less).

I'm not ready for either of them (I'm scared of surgical procedures!) so for now I just put up with looking tired Smile

Sheesh!! Just what I needed to hear. I've already had an upper and lower bleph - which was a cake walk actually. But the veins have appeared about two years after. On some days they look worse than others. I guess it's because the skin under the eye is so thin and there's no fat there anymore. But I'm definitely too frightened to do anything surgical about them at the moment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I use avocado oil as a moisturizer after I shower. It's awesome! I love Nature's Gift. Vitacost.com is a good place to order from, too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
is this still working for you Bira? thinking of getting some, but have sooo many oils that I never get around to using :S

Yes, it's still working for me. I bought mine from Whole Foods from the cooking oil section. It's 8 oz for $10. It's in a dark green bottle.

This is the only thing I use on top of retin-a after I cleanse. I love the simplified nightly routine, so I can get to bed quickly. Very Happy
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
wow, only $10 for 4 oz

http://www.naturesgift.com/carrier_oils/avocadoOil.htm

It's worth a try Very Happy

The web site says to use at 10% dilution, but I use mine pure without mixing anything else to it. I like it thick, but I'm not prone to breaking out.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
right, another oil to add to my list! fingers crossed this works, would be over the moooon if it did!

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
right, another oil to add to my list! fingers crossed this works, would be over the moooon if it did!

I don't know if you have Whole Foods near you, but if you tried it and didn't like it, you could take it back. They told me that. Just keep your receipt. Or you can just use it for cooking. Mine is the Hass Avocado Oil. The color of the oil is greenish. I think it's cold pressed.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:20 am      Reply with quote
There is a thread over on DIY board about avocado oil:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5543

I had just read that thread last night and then just noticed this one. I actually have some oil on the way from garden of wisdom. I cant wait to give it a try.
productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 am      Reply with quote
That's a great tip, Bira. Did it work for anyone else too here in regards to plumping the sunken under-eyes?

P.S.: Has anyone with oily skin ever tried it? I have general oily skin but not around my eyes, but I am afraid it might cause a breakout by slipping down to cheeks or cause milia under the eye area. Any suggestions?
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
i have oily skin and i used to use this a lot too - it did help plump up the skin, and i think it helped with my sunken eye area, though nothing too dramatic. Im now using micro retin-a though, so can't use anything after that, so am missing it! Sad

this didnt break me out, but im not very prone to spots anyway. After a year when I slip back down to retin-a 3 times a week, I'm def going to start using this again!

productsavvy
5% products discount

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to know it helped you. I'm a bit reluctant to try heavy products on my skin since I breakout easily. Believe it or not, I've never tried a retinoid regimen either although I use BHAs often, but they do tend to over-dry certain areas of my skin, causing irritation.
tkee3
5% products discount

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, is there a difference between non-cold pressed and cold-pressed Avocado Oil? Also, has Retin-A helped improved anyone's Tear Trough lines or any other natural solutions? Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |