Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Best natural-looking blush?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am always on the look-out for a natural-looking, non-dramatic blush. For my NW20 colouring, this means a light peachy-pink with no shimmer. I just can't understand the use of red, orange, brown, plum, or fuchsia blushes, since there is no way anyone could naturally blush in these colours. Equally, a frosty or shimmery blush is not desirable, although I do see the point of a small bit of highlighter on the top of the cheekbone.

So far, my favourite is Cargo HD blu_ray in pink.

What do you like?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
That's one I'll have to try Justine! I love blu_ray powder. Here's a blush I like especially for summer: Julie Hewitt Cheekies in Natural. It's a believable peachy-tan color that goes on sheer and gives a nice sheen so you don't need a highlighter also. It comes in a little pot and is almost like a gloss but not goopy or sticky. More like a lipstick for the cheeks. You can also use it on the lips!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Georgio Armani powder blush #3 is a very nice, natural-looking blush.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I like Lavera Rouge No. 1 Terra blush. It looks very natural. I hope EDS will eventually have Lavera products.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am also NW20 and I am absolutely loving Giorgio Armani sheer blush in #10. It is a very soft and natural pinky/peach. It looks more pink in the container, but wears with more peach. I've read some describe it as having a very light shimmer - but frankly, I don't see the shimmer as I hate shimmer). It's a softer, gentler, shimmer-free version of Nars Orgasm. I would not have chosen it in the store, but the MA put it on me and that was it; I had to have it.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900 wrote:
I am always on the look-out for a natural-looking, non-dramatic blush. For my NW20 colouring, this means a light peachy-pink with no shimmer. I just can't understand the use of red, orange, brown, plum, or fuchsia blushes, since there is no way anyone could naturally blush in these colours. Equally, a frosty or shimmery blush is not desirable, although I do see the point of a small bit of highlighter on the top of the cheekbone.

So far, my favourite is Cargo HD blu_ray in pink.
What do you like?
I love your choice Justine. I don't understand all these not natural looking colors for cheeks either! Or weird lip colors either! Cheeks are meant to be YOUR OWN natural color. At the moment I am using Revolution Organics Freedom Glow in Sunkissed which is a peachy pink and is my own color stepped up a bit. I love this product.
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
If you want something that really looks natural and fresh, go for a cheek stain
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies!

KMY and Jom, I am longing to get the Armani blush, but I was leaning toward the #2. (It is not sold in my country, so I was going off the colours on the net.) Can you please elaborate on your choices?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I really like the joey NY gel blush. it's very very natural looking.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Armani Sheer Blush #2 is also a wonderful color. In fact, that's the color that I wanted from looking at the samples in the store. It is very similar to #10, but just a bit lighter, and on me, a tiny bit more peach than #10 (despite the look on photos). The MA put #2 on me on one cheek and #10 on the other - and while they both looked great, I agreed with the MA that #10 was better on me.

However, they are both terrific. I know that #2 has phenomenal reviews on MUA.
taterbugpbj
5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I know that it is a very popular choice, but for me, Nars Orgasm or another more peach color (can't remember the name). I have tried almost every blush out there on my fair skin and Nars always looks natural and glowy, never streaky or off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:47 am      Reply with quote
i would recommend everyday mineral "summer stroll". face look so naturally blushed if you apply it sparingly. cheap n fantastic product.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
MAC sheertones. I find these to be the most natural looking.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
MAC sheertones. I find these to be the most natural looking.

I agree! Mac always has the color I'm looking for.
AsianDiva123
5% products discount

Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
For matt, I like NARS Orgasm and for more of a glow, I use Smashbox O-Glow. O Glow doesn't get very good review on MUA but I like it. It gives me some colour but very natural.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have a nice pink from Trish McEvoy, sorry don't know the colour off the top of my head and don't want to take it out of my planner page to look at the bottom. Trick is the brush though, it looks very natural when applied with a sheer brush and obviously can be made to look thicker with a denser brush.
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
try the BB cream blush, should be very natural looking
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies. I would like to buy JNY and Armani blush for my mom and friends after reading your recommendations.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
If you don't want to spend a lot of money just for cheeks, heres the best.

http://www.beautypedia.com/best-skin-care-makeup-products-2008.aspx#Blush
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Silk Naturals blush in 'Climax' for over a year now and absolutely love it! It is the exact knock-off of Nars Orgasm at 1/4 the cost!

Silk Naturals also has some outstanding eye shadows. There are now 3 that I am completely addicted to.

If you like Nars Orgasm try a sample of Silk Naturals Climax - you will be amazed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Could anyone recommend a good blush for someone who is the same shade as beyonce please? Very Happy
cacipony
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Justine, I totally agree with u!!! i hv like a pink shimmer blush, but tend not to use it. i prefer smthg tt looks natural, and suitable, wearable for evyday look.

recently, i bought MAC Cubic, and it creates like a flushed llok to the cheeks!!

IM IN LOVE WITH IT....and thanx for sharing Cargo blu_ray. will check tt out soon.
yajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
For sure natural for one won't be necessary natural for the other.

I think that MAC and NARS are the better lines to find our needs Cool
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Nars and Shu are the best for me.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Personally, I find the only natural blushes on me are gels. No matter what powdered brand I use it looks like makeup to me. My HG right now is Pixi Gel Blush available at Target. I use the "natural" color but want to try the others as well. It's a bit expensive but lasts forever since you only need a tiny drop. Last I checked it got rave reviews on MUA as well.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |