Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fraxel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Fraxel Re:store treatment? I am going for a consult next week.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tried it about a year ago - and it plumped up the skin on a temporary basis; however my tone and pores are generally okay so I didn't see too much effect. It didn't do much for the wrinkles under my eyes either. However, every one is different. Good luck! DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
have not heard many good things about it
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I should stick with peels and get a Platinum light. I just want to touch up and get rid of the fine lines, brown spots and see a bit of tightning in places.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
How much is the treatment? Opinions do appear to be varied on how effective it is but there is a new generation of Fraxel out now, so maybe the newer laser is better than the old version.

Maybe you could have a look at the Dermawave LED at NCN Proskincare, it's very expensive, but at least it would be yours to keep.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I'll find out Tuesday about cost. From what I have researched, florida is one of the cheaper places to have it done.

I'll for sure check out the Dermawave. I was thinking that if I did get the Fraxel treatments, I would do maintenance with a light of some sort.

To me the Fraxel works on the same principle as the Dermaroller.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I have done several reviews and there have been a few posts on Fraxel if you go to search. I would not do it again and thought it was a waste of money. Personal opinion of course.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20438&highlight=fraxel

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Annie Did you have the Re:Store done or the one below that? I have had the CO2 before and I heal really fast. I read the whole thread, did a search the other day, but it brought up over 1100 threads...lol

I am looking for some tightening, getting rid of fine lines around the eyes, nose to mouth lines, small lines around my bottom lip and getting rid of the brown spots. When I had the Co2 done about 4 years ago, I didn't have to wear makeup at all, my skin was so pretty. I now live in Florida and keep sunscreen on. I don't even go to the beach unless we have company. I guess I should up the SPF if I have this done.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leathal. I had Fraxel treatments on both hands about 2 years ago. It was very expensive and did NOTHING to improve the wrinkles, large veins or brown spots. Save your money.
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Determined...I was getting so excited about this too. How many treatments did you have? He may decide some deep peels would be better...who knows. But from what I have read..Fraxel would cover everything I need, if it works on me. There is a Fraxel Repair that the doctor is evaluating. It is a one time treatment like the CO2..maybe I could volunteer for a clinical trial...lol
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
It was the restore and they did it at a higher level in areas so I would not have to repeat it. That just left my skin damaged somewhat in those areas. The co2 laser was better, but breakouts that followed were horrible.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Leathal, I had 2 treatments on each hand. I was particularly interested in eliminating the lines on my wrists and a couple of very noticable brown spots, so I asked him to do a couple of extra passes there. My hands were very red and raw for a week or so, as if they had been sandpapered. The areas I asked him to treat more aggressively wept and bled for a while. I SO wanted this to work, but it didn't. I think the root problem of aging skin is the thinning of skin, and unfortunately the skin on my hands seems even thinner than before.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
If I were you, instead of spending money on the Re:store, I would do the Re:pair.
The Re:pair has definitely better reviews and it's just one treatment, as opposed to the Re:store that needs many.

With the Re:pair it's imperative you find a doctor who knows what he/she's doing and that takes the necessary time to prepare your skin for better results (i.e. tretinoin, hydroquinone, etc.).

BTW, my mom had the Re:pair done and she loved the results.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Josse...I've had a CO2 and I think it is a version of that. I had great results. I just don't want to go through all the healing and getting up every 4 hours to rinse with sterile water and re-sauve...lol..getting lazy I guess
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
Thanks Josse...I've had a CO2 and I think it is a version of that. I had great results. I just don't want to go through all the healing and getting up every 4 hours to rinse with sterile water and re-sauve...lol..getting lazy I guess

LOL I get you... the downtime is definitely a minus of the Re:pair.

The Re:pair is indeed a "version" of the CO2. So it is a CO2 ablative laser but it's fractional. So instead of wiping the WHOLE skin, it wipes in microcolums. This is why downtime is less than with the regular CO2. Still, there is downtime.

The Re:store is non-ablative so it's like the Erbium laser.
And it will take approx 4 treatments to achieve results.

The only thing is if you're looking to do laser for deep wrinkles and/or sagging, the Re:store will not be as good because it doesn't produce as much thermal damaga so collagen induction will definitely be less, even with the 4 sessions.

Let us know how the consultation goes!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, went for my consultation...lol We talked about Fraxel, he was even drawing little circles showing me the different settings..talking columns of light. Ok, so we are talking probably 4 treatments. He is also looking at Repair, but isn't sure he is going to offer it. He is conservative. So then was talked IPL and maybe a little filler. He said the IPL is better for the brown spots. He said I did really well with the Co2, and even suggested doing it again. I just don't want to get up and take care of it...lol

I am sort of leaning towards the IPL now, even though it would be more than one treatment also. This is so confusing.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
Ok, went for my consultation...lol We talked about Fraxel, he was even drawing little circles showing me the different settings..talking columns of light. Ok, so we are talking probably 4 treatments. He is also looking at Repair, but isn't sure he is going to offer it. He is conservative. So then was talked IPL and maybe a little filler. He said the IPL is better for the brown spots. He said I did really well with the Co2, and even suggested doing it again. I just don't want to get up and take care of it...lol

I am sort of leaning towards the IPL now, even though it would be more than one treatment also. This is so confusing.

I'm happy your treatment went well!

leathal, if you don't mind me asking, what is your main concern? Brown spots, wrinkles, sagging?

If your main concern is brown spots, then I would definitely go with IPL. It has no down time, it works like a charm! I've done it several times and I love my brown-spot free face Smile
Make sure that you discuss with your doctor the possibility of using hydroquinone some time before you start the IPL to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (this will depend on your skin type).
Although I have very fair skin (and thus less chances of PIH), I did get one brown stain post-IPL once that was a pain to get removed Sad
Since then, I use hydroquinone for at least 4 weeks before and after I get my IPL.

If it's light-medium wrinkles, then I guess the Fraxel Re:store would do well.

If it's deep wrinkles and sagging, then I would go for the Re:Pair.

BTW, if I were you, I would not consider the regular CO2 lasers anymore, I would rather have the fractional CO2 lasers (like the Re:pair or the Active FX).

All the best,
Josee

leathal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
leathal wrote:

I'm happy your treatment went well!

leathal, if you don't mind me asking, what is your main concern? Brown spots, wrinkles, sagging?

If your main concern is brown spots, then I would definitely go with IPL. It has no down time, it works like a charm! I've done it several times and I love my brown-spot free face Smile
Make sure that you discuss with your doctor the possibility of using hydroquinone some time before you start the IPL to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (this will depend on your skin type).
Although I have very fair skin (and thus less chances of PIH), I did get one brown stain post-IPL once that was a pain to get removed Sad
Since then, I use hydroquinone for at least 4 weeks before and after I get my IPL.

If it's light-medium wrinkles, then I guess the Fraxel Re:store would do well.

If it's deep wrinkles and sagging, then I would go for the Re:Pair.

BTW, if I were you, I would not consider the regular CO2 lasers anymore, I would rather have the fractional CO2 lasers (like the Re:pair or the Active FX).

All the best,
Josee

Thank you for responding! Yes it is brown spots that is my 'main' concern. Strarting to get nose to mouth fine lines and some around the eyes. Guess I shouldn't complain at my age...lol But I may look into some microdermabrasion for that. It's funny that most of the damage is all on one side..the side I sleep on and the side that is towards the car window.
I noticed that you use the EpidermxII. How do you like it? I was thinking about ordering some.

Thanks again Very Happy
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
leathal wrote:
Thank you for responding! Yes it is brown spots that is my 'main' concern. Strarting to get nose to mouth fine lines and some around the eyes. Guess I shouldn't complain at my age...lol But I may look into some microdermabrasion for that. It's funny that most of the damage is all on one side..the side I sleep on and the side that is towards the car window.
I noticed that you use the EpidermxII. How do you like it? I was thinking about ordering some.

Thanks again Very Happy

Hi,

With brown spots, I know many surgeons use the Pearl laser because it requires few treatments. But it DOES have downtime. The good thing about IPL is that it has absolutely no down time at all. I've done it on a lunch break and when I go back to the office I might look a little "redder" but nothing that makes people ask. And then it's so nice to see in the subsequent days the spots go darker and then fall! As you can see, I'm an IPL addict! Smile

Regarding EpidermxII... it's simply an abrasion system much similar to other abrasion "creams" out there. The good thin is that it's very fine (unlike regular scrubs). I don't think I have used it long enough but I can certainly see good changes in my skin texture from it. I also don't overdo it because I like to treat my skin gently .

All the best,
Josee

Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some reviews of Fraxel Repair:

http://www.realself.com/Fraxel-Repair/reviews

It is rated higher than Fraxel Restore, which only got a 44% satisfaction rating on this site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Active FX is more effective, isn´t it?.

I did get 3 sessions from Pixel laser(by Alma) but I did not see any improvement.

I have read so mush about Fraxel in Beauty Vogue especial, ELLE, ..., but I not know if it's just advertising.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |