Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
people who think they dont have crows feet and the cure...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I agree.Aging in inevitable;accepting it is optional!

Exactly! Smile
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
BTW, I have no intention of aging gracefully. My days are spent in the bathroom mixing up all manner of mysterious DIY concoctions like some demented old witch and my nights are spent with a variety of skincare gadgets on hand spewing enough electrical current into my body to put my own personal hole in the ozone! Laughing

Laughing I'm right there with you over the cauldron Keliu. Cackle!

I'd love to try the safetox. I was sold immediately when you posted your before and after photos Toby. My forehead looks like your "before". Unfortunately the machine is way out of my price range. The cost of replacing electrodes and batteries sounds like it might really add up as well. How much do you estimate that turns out to be for 2-3 mo. period?

I've tried researching Tens and muscle stimulator machines as a possible less expensive alternative, but I haven't come across enough info to sway me to purchase one yet. Also, Tens machines are only available in the US by prescription for some reason. Don't know how cost effective it would be to order one from overseas. Still, haven't ruled it out, because it might help with my mild arthritis, as well as possibly lines. Wish I could hear from someone who has tried it.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
The reason I talk about wrinkles a lot???Hello!!! This is a beauty board thats why we are here! To learn about 86ing our wrinkles!

I have no problem with talking about wrinkles. I hate my own fine lines and would love to be rid of them! Smile But I think women should have the choice as to whether they go down the Botox (or other treatment) route and not feel they have to because people will judge them and tell them they look bad if they don't.

It should be their own choice - and some have no choice at all because they can't afford expensive treatments. That's why I would never tell someone that their crow's feet are bad and that they need Botox. There's too much pressure on women to look perfect as it is.

I agree with majorb. We are here to talk about wrinkles, but not to become obsessed about them, because wrinkles do not define a person, his inner world does.

Commenting on other people's wrinkles is not very polite and respectful. Some people do not see their wrinkles and happy , and let them be!
Cool
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
It seems to me that the reason botox works less and less, is because it atrophies muscle. And although, you continue to paralyze what is left, you are still left with aging tissues that seems as though they would continue to sag.

So, what do you do, (and I'm not even remotely an expert on botox, so this is why I ask), when you just don't have much muscle to speak of left to freeze?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
LLucy
I have been using the Safetox since April and have not bought new electrodes. I did order an extra pack when I placed my order. I use my electrodes way more than five time more like several weeks and I am experimenting with a special gel to prolong the use of the electrodes. After four months the device is only used a couple of times a week and I am SO pleased with results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I have friends who use botox and to be honest, I'd rather keep my wrinkles. I saw Emmylou Harris on TV last night and was amazed he was able to sing her face was so frozen.

What concerns me is keeping the skin looking nice all over, not the creases round my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
BTW, I have no intention of aging gracefully. My days are spent in the bathroom mixing up all manner of mysterious DIY concoctions like some demented old witch and my nights are spent with a variety of skincare gadgets on hand spewing enough electrical current into my body to put my own personal hole in the ozone Bad Grin

Thank you so much for this. I have needed a really good laugh all day - life has been tough lately.
BF
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I agree Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am jealous of the people that are happy whether they are fat (but still expose their cellulite covered legs) or have wrinkles and crows feet (and you can tell they don't even try to put on eye cream or anything). Sometimes I just cringe and think they should cover up or make some effort, but then I am also a little jealous that they don't worry about it at all.

I haven't worn shorts in public since I was probably 25, and I'm not really fat. Every year summer rolls around and I just dread exposing my skin. Every time I meet someone I wonder if they are looking at every wrinkle and imperfection. I think I need a therapist Shock

Anyway, on Botox....... I had it once and loved it, but the next time I got it, my eyes actually drooped a little, I looked even worse. So now I am scared of getting it close to my eyes, but my only real wrinkles are right above my eyes Crying or Very sad. I have thought of getting it for the elevens, but I am committed to one year of intense facial exercises and I think that would hurt that effort.

After one year of facial exercises, I am going to decide what do to or 'have done'. Maybe stick with Botox in some areas. Probably have a brow lift.

BTW, I don't have crows feet Laughing. I know I do when I smile, 20 year olds have them when they smile. But I really don't have them when I am relaxed so I'll just let that go for awhile, I have 30 other things to work on.
kmy1
5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps I'm being too serious, but I think botox and similar procedures are like religion in some ways. If having botox makes you feel better about yourself, etc. then that is great for you. My problem is when botox believers criticize and ridicule those who choose not to follow their path; or if they try to push their procedures on others who are not interested or willing. This works vice versa, too. Those who don't want botox shouldn't look down upon those who do. Just let everyone make their own choice, and don't feel superior for having made it.
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Dysport (supposedly a better value than Botox)? I tried Botox in the elevens two or three times, but not only did it not take but each time I broke out in fever blisters!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
Has anyone tried Dysport (supposedly a better value than Botox)? I tried Botox in the elevens two or three times, but not only did it not take but each time I broke out in fever blisters!

I've had Dysport and didn't find it as effective as Botox. However, if you've had a bad reaction to Botox in the past, I would definitely give it a try - we are all so different and reactly differently to various products. Make sure you discuss the situation with the nurse beforehand though.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Yeah I just dont get it when people tell me they dont have crows feet and they are in their 50's!!!! I want to tell them"You have horrible crows feet and you need botox" but of course I would only say that after 3 martinis... Laughing BUT I DO tell my sisters(in their 50's no less) who say"I dont have crows feet, I just want botox in my forehead...I scream at them..yes you DO!!!!YOU have BAD crows feet and I am here to tell you the truth GET BOTOX!!!! Mad

Yikes! That's so harsh. I'm only in my 30s, but I certainly know plenty of women in their 50s and beyond who don't have crows feet or botox (I'm close enough to them to know); many have great genetics or have always, always been careful with their skin. Or they have darker complexions and aren't prone to wrinkling.

I suppose I could get up really close to their faces and inspect them for lines, but that would be weird and pushy and judgmental. And I do think there are some people who like the crinkling around their eyes as they age. Heck, I know TEENAGERS with crow's feet be they're called smiled lines when you're under 30.

Anyway, I think if you were my sister and you screamed at me and told me I had BAD CROW'S FEET, I'd give you a shot of "botox" right between the eyes. Or square on the nose—three martinis or not.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
BTW, I have no intention of aging gracefully. My days are spent in the bathroom mixing up all manner of mysterious DIY concoctions like some demented old witch and my nights are spent with a variety of skincare gadgets on hand spewing enough electrical current into my body to put my own personal hole in the ozone! Laughing

This is priceless! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I am jealous of the people that are happy whether they are fat (but still expose their cellulite covered legs) or have wrinkles and crows feet (and you can tell they don't even try to put on eye cream or anything). Sometimes I just cringe and think they should cover up or make some effort, but then I am also a little jealous that they don't worry about it at all.

You aren't alone. I feel that way, too. I think it must be nice not to worry about every line, bag, or sag all the time!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just a few words about our preoccupation and obsession with the way we look and are perceived by others - Cleopatra didn't spend hours soaking in a tub of milk for nothing!

Throughout history, people have messed around with their appearance - here are a few I can think of:

. The Long Neck tribes of Thailand with rings around their necks to make them longer.
. Amazon Indians with wooden plates in their lips and giant holes in their ear lobes.
. Chinese women with bound feat.
. Victorian women with corsets so tight that they feinted.
. Maori tattooed faces.
. In early times, arsenic was used in face powder to whiten the skin. Queen Elizabeth I is thought to have died from its use.

I'm sure that there are many other examples of crazy and wacky things that human beings have done to themselves over the centuries. So really, we're just carrying on the grand tradition of being totally dissatisfied with the way we look. Somehow, I think it's just a human condition.

So, in fact, we're no more preoccupied with "the ideal" now than in the past. Yes, we are bombarded by images of perfect looking people in the media that we might envy. But today medical science had made it available to us to alter anything about ourselves that we don't like - we're living with a "supermarket" of procedures at our fingertips - if we can afford it. I think the fact that we know we can change something about ourselves that we dislike tends to makes us more inclined to do so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
They did the long neck thing in Africa too...and if a wife cheated they would cut the rings off and her neck would slump over and she would suffocate! By the way my sisters actually appreciate my honesty, and we are the best of friends. And when they tell me something I listen...I could never say that to anyone except a sister of course., for other people I would just think it but not say anything.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
lorimcp, Like rileygirl, your comments about other people not stressing over their appearance really hit home with me. I think it would be GREAT to go to the pool and walk around in a bathing suit with my skinny, cellutlite-y legs just flapping in the breeze, and be ok with it. I've spent soooo much time worrying about my face and bod, it's ridiculous. Once, we went to the beach with another couple. My girlfriend didn't put on a molecule of makeup, ate what she wanted and had a blast! I spent my time in the condo, fixing my hair, worrying about my cellulite showing, and stressing about how much older I look than my friend. Yeah, that's messed up! (and on vacation, no less!) Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
lorimcp, Like rileygirl, your comments about other people not stressing over their appearance really hit home with me. I think it would be GREAT to go to the pool and walk around in a bathing suit with my skinny, cellutlite-y legs just flapping in the breeze, and be ok with it. I've spent soooo much time worrying about my face and bod, it's ridiculous. Once, we went to the beach with another couple. My girlfriend didn't put on a molecule of makeup, ate what she wanted and had a blast! I spent my time in the condo, fixing my hair, worrying about my cellulite showing, and stressing about how much older I look than my friend. Yeah, that's messed up! (and on vacation, no less!) Rolling Eyes

Well Mars you are in good company here....most of us would have been in the bathroom stressing just like you. It is really hard to find the healthy balance but maybe we eventually will. Until that time comes, it is great to have friends of like minds and obsessions Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Too true Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I so agree with Mars, I don't know why I can't just enjoy myself like the women I see swimming having a blast (like Oprah you won't catch me dead in a bathing suit) that weigh at least 200 pounds more than me! I'm sure it has to do with all the body dysmorphia issues I inherited from my mom!!!!

I plan on getting (a little) Botox when I'm done with the other stuff I have planned. I don't have any problems with how anyone else ages besides myself. But I never ever want to look "done" I'd rather look "aging well." My mom used to put scotch tape on her forehead frown lines every night before bed, at least we have better options than that.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, Lucyluc, you've made me laugh. I'm 44 and have crows feet even when I'm not laughing (which incidentally's not right now Laughing ). If you saw the sorry state into which I've crumbled, you'd be staging a one-woman intervention, lunging at me with the Botox needle after one martini and beating me 'bout my furrowed brow with a twizzle stick.
(Mental note to self: need to revise somewhat modest goals Wink)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
cheesetoastie wrote:
Oh, Lucyluc, you've made me laugh. I'm 44 and have crows feet even when I'm not laughing (which incidentally's not right now Laughing ). If you saw the sorry state into which I've crumbled, you'd be staging a one-woman intervention, lunging at me with the Botox needle after one martini and beating me 'bout my furrowed brow with a twizzle stick.
(Mental note to self: need to revise somewhat modest goals Wink)

I'm laughing so hard the tears are rolling down my neck..

I have a picture of 'Lucyluc' running after you with a botox syringe in one hand, and her twizzle stick in the other..

Image ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
You girls are just too much!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
My Saturday night entertainment Laughing

Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |