Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone seen results from using copper peptides?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I made a post regarding this on the DIY forum and it was suggested I might get more input over here.

I want to change up my routine in Nov. C serums haven't done anything for me, so I'm considering trying CP's. From what I understand, it's slow going with them. Has anyone seen a noticeable difference in line reduction from CP treatment? Please share your experiences positive or negative.

Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I have a very positive experience with CPs! But I'm not the majority Wink

First of all, you do really have to proceed with caution and follow all the recommendations to start slowly and delute it with water or oil. The results are so gradual that you hardly notice them.

I've been using CPs for a year and then decided to stop using them since you cannot really fully get a benifit of all the other creams containing Vit C. So you have to use Vit C in the morning and CPs at night, but I do not think that way u get a benifit from any of them.

So I stopped using my CPs, baught Valmont Glacier Serum and used Vit C and the serum for 3 months. I swear to God, I noticed my skin start losing its firmness! I finished using the Valmont Serum since it was so expensive that I HAD to finish it Very Happy And ran back to my CPs immediately. I don't use any creams with Vit C now and very happy with my skin.
Except for occasional breakouts and smile line, but that's a different story.

You can find more info here :
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/product-information/about-dr.-loren-pickarts-patented-skin-remodeling-copper-peptides-ghk-serum-and-cream.html and talk to Nancy. She is also a very happy user of CPs Very Happy

Also, in order for CPs to be effective you should combine using CPs with acids or Retin A.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
The result I have seen is that I seem to heel faster when using copper, I can't comment about the lines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I used CP's for over one year and saw no positive effects. While I did not have the ugly reactions some report, my skin was noticably oversensatized, red and itchy when I stopped.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I am another person who has had very good results from Copper Peptides. I have been using them for about 2 years now and I never experienced a bad reaction (although many others have - so I can only speak for myself).

I started out using regular CP Serum mixed with several drops of water and eventually worked my way up to using super CP Serum.

I use the serum nightly on my face, neck and chest. The difference in the appearance of the skin on my chest is truly remarkable. (even my husband, who normally notices nothing said it was amazing). The CP's combined with morning use of Exfol lotion has completely reversed all sun damage from my chest area. It is completely smooth and wrinkle free. This is the only area that was showing signs of years of sun damage as I was always careful to protect my face with sunscreen but neglected my neck and chest (not anymore - I learned my lesson).

So for me, CP's are great but if you search the topic you will find such mixed opinions it is really difficult to predict how they will work for you. If you decide to try them, start very slowly with an equal number of CP's drops to water and gradually work your way up to a greater concentration of CP's. If you experience a bad reaction, stop immediately as CP's may not be for you.

Hope this helps

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady,
What would you consider a bad reaction to be? I am currently using Obagi Nuderm and am on my last cycle before maintenance. I'm considering adding cp's to go along with my retin a. What kind of positive experiences have you had? Thanks so much!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Llucy,
You might want to check out Skin Biology forum. Dr Pickart answers questions and others share their experiences.
I used his CPS several years ago and didnt go slowly around my eyes,(got crinkly)it is important to follow the instructions.
The crinkles didnt last,I used Emu and DMAE.I agree too, that Nanci at NCN is so open to answering questions.
hth
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using CP's for several months and really do believe they've helped some with fine lines, such as my crow's feet and the wrinkle between my eyes. I haven't used it directly underneath my eyes, because I seldom use anything there. I've had three really bad reactions since starting them. The first time I thought I had poison ivy all over my face and neck because I have PI in my yard and had recently been working out there. My face/neck were red and swollen and itched like crazy. It wasn't until I had a second reaction that I decided it was from the Exfol Serum that I was using which contains salicylic acid. I stopped using that. However, I had another reaction when I added some of the super CP serum to the regular CP serum. I think it was the salicylic acid in the super CP serum which caused it. So, I have pretty much decided I need to be very careful with anything containing salicylic acid. I have recently started adding a drop of the new Skin Signals to the regular CP serum, and it has not caused a reaction. I've been using the CPs with a retinol product and haven't had any bad reaction with that either. What I love about the CPs is that they're cheap, relatively speaking, and they work just as well for me as anything else I've tried. Because I know exfoliation is important with CPs, I've purchased the 15% Daily Exfoliator from Nanci. It has white willow bark extract (the natural form of salicylic acid) and haven't had a reaction.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims,

For me, CP's have been terrific. I feel they have given me a better complexion (brighter less shallow), they have definitely reversed all of the sun aging on my chest which was starting to get pretty noticeable. The slight wrinkling that was becoming apparent, freckled type sun damaged age spots, and a bumpy texture - all completely gone. It worked pretty fast too, it did all the major repairs with nightly use in about 10-12 weeks. I now just use CP's as a maintenance program maybe 3 nights a week or so. I use the Exfol cream on my neck & chest every morning.

As far as bad reactions, I did not experience any but have heard about other women getting wrinkled skin, sagging, redness and itching. Check out the SkinBiology site for further information and instructions on how to slowly and safely start using CP's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady,
I would like to use the CP's on my chest as well. I have pretty severe sun damage that has resulted in tons of freckles, age spots, wrinkles, and even lines. I must look like a Victorian era lady all the time as I never wear anything that will show much of the skin on my chest!! I would love to have prettier skin.

I've been reading a lot on the SkinBiology web site just to get a basic understanding.

What is Exfol lotion? I wonder if it's anything like the Obagi Exfoderm cream which contains glycolic acid? Thanks for your help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered some copper peptides (SkinBiology) from EDS and can't wait to receive them and start incorporating them into my skin care routine. Will start out slowly as suggested...hoping to help all the sun damage that exists on my chest!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims - That is great, I hope you have the same great results I had.

It is very important to use daily exfoliation when using CP's in order to get the desired results. Exfol Cream (Which is also sold by SkinBiology)is a 2% hydroxy acid exfolicant which helps to get rid of damaged skin. The combination of these two products work excellent on the neck & decolletage area.

Update on this works for you after about 2 months of use.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've actually got a bottle of SkinBio cp serum and a jar of SuperCop cream.

What would be the best way to start, to minimise bad reactions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Justine:

Start by using an equal number of CP drops mixed with an equal number of drops of water. Maybe start with about 3-4 drops of CP's mixed with 3-4 drops of water (For your face). Do this for one week then switch to 3-4 drops of CP's to 2-3 drops of water. Wait another week then continue with 3-4 drops of CP's to 1-2 drops of water. By week 4 you should be able to go full strength without any water drops mixed in. For the chest & neck area use about 6-7 drops of CP's to water following the same gradual process of water elimination over the 3-4 week period. Always follow with an exfoliant in the morning. I like Exfol cream for the chest & Neck but prefer IFP aha/bha serum for the face.

Use the CP's at night with a little Emu or Squalene oil layer over the top. In the morning do not use CP's but rather a C-serum and your preferred moisturizer. (I love Alpha Derma CE) and a good eye cream.

I also use a 10% aha/bha serum both morning and night waiting 15-20 minutes before applying either CP's or C-serum. (Face Only)

Super Cop cream and Super Cop X2 is very, very strong and should only be used to help get rid of skin tags, moles, or scars. It is excellent in removing any of the above but will cause redness and itching in the process and I personally would not use it on the facial area over all - maybe for a spot treatment if you have a small mole or scar that you are trying to eliminate.

Hope this helps and other questions please feel free to ask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I actually use my Vit C at night since I think it oxidises in sunlight. But I think I will have a go with the cp.

What about the SuperCop, which smells so strange?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Justine

I just edited my above post to include an answer to your question about the super cop cream. Sorry I originally forgot to address that question.

Take Care

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:

I also use a 10% aha/bha serum both morning and night waiting 15-20 minutes before applying either CP's or C-serum. (Face Only)

fairlady, do u use Retin A as well? If yes, do u use it with over CPs, under or separately?
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi RussianSunshine:

Yes I do use Retin-A occasionally. Generally I only use Retin A when I have a blemish that I need to zap quickly. I also use Retin A on my forehead to ward of any expression lines. I use it at night about 30-45 minutes after applying CP's.

I rarely use Retin A anywhere else on my face because it causes excessive dryness, cracking and redness on me. I know many ladies have great results from Retin A but unfortunately, I need to apply it very sparingly and only on certain areas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I bought copper peptide 3 yrs ago and never used...are they still good?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I bought copper peptide 3 yrs ago and never used...are they still good?

I asked SkinBio about the expiry date and they say it's good even after 5 years Very Happy

lucyluc, I dont think you going to get same dramatic results with CPs as with Revive products. They provide a VERY slow change.
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Neova´s copper peptides are better than Skin Biology?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
eraseunavez wrote:
Neova´s copper peptides are better than Skin Biology?

neova's copper peptides do have the real stuff in them. I've never used them so I can't say that they are better. They probably don't have as much CPs in them as Skin Bio's (at least according to Dr P), so they might not be as strong. But, I bet they are more cosmetically 'elegant'. Skin Bio doesn't not like to add ingredients that can cause irritation or other such problems, so theirs have an odd scent to them. SB's do work, tho.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
I also use Retin A on my forehead to ward of any expression lines. I use it at night about 30-45 minutes after applying CP's.

fairlady - do you use the serum based CPs or the creams? From what I know about the order of application of skin care items, an acid based product like Retin A would need to be applied to clean skin in order to get the best use out of it. It also needs about 45 mins after application before applying anything on top so that it can continue to work.

BUT, if you use the serums (which absorb faster), then what you do would work fine.

When I used CPs w/ Retin A on the same nights - I would apply the Retin A first, wait 45 mins or more and then apply my CPs (and maybe emu oil, too). I got great results this way. Using them on alternate nights is another way to do it and, perhaps, a better way (after all the reading I've done on this lately)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

From what I know about the order of application of skin care items, an acid based product like Retin A would need to be applied to clean skin in order to get the best use out of it. It also needs about 45 mins after application before applying anything on top so that it can continue to work.

BUT, if you use the serums (which absorb faster), then what you do would work fine.

foxe, those who have sensitive skin use Retin A on top of the cream/oil in order to avoid severe peeling.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 am      Reply with quote
If I understand everyone correctly, it is ok to use CP's every night with retin-a? Also, is it better to use it before or after retin? I used CP's for about 2 months last year before I started using retin-a nightly. I was thinking of starting them back up again because I had no ill effects from CP's, I just stopped using them because of the horror stories I have heard with some of the gals and didn't want to take that chance.
I have a bit of loosening under my chin area I would like to address with CP's...and luckily in reading this, CP's have a long shelf life so mine should still be good Very Happy
I use 12% Alpha Hydrox Soufflee every AM, should that be enough as far as exfoliation goes?

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |